Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inghams problems

Poster: A snowHead
I've been trying to book 1 adult and 2 children to the Chalet Hotel les Grangettes in Meribel on Dec 12th.

1. The website will not allow me to book 1 adult and 2 kids, even though they have triple rooms available. It will let me book 2 adults and 1 child, but not vice versa - weird!

2. All the flights from all airports have supplements - there are none at the basic brochure price. I'm surprised they are allowed to do this?

3. Their much-vaunted half price lift pass offer only applies to 2 weeks during the whole season, of course not including our low season week!

A pity, as Inghams have been good to us over the years...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Call them to sort out, they're usually pretty good even if their website can be annoying!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a similar problem trying to get a single occupancy room added to our booking last year. The website said "No"; a phone call resulted in a "Yes".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Long time since we went with Inghams, but we had room problems too. Family suite for 4 with twin beds turned out to be just two small doubles in separate rooms. I'd even phoned them before booking to make sure our teenage sons would have single beds in their room. They wanted another £1000 to sort us out with an alternative. Suggested we buy a blow up mattress to put on the floor Shocked There wasn't room for one in any case. Last package holiday ever. Complained but was only offered a £50 voucher off another trip.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It makes sense with this three bed.
I' guessing that the children get a discount. But really you need to fill the bed to it's adult occupancy (2 beds) before discounting. Otherwise there would have to be a supplement.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@stephen buck,
As flangesax says the prices are probably calculated based on 2 adults to get the child discount. Phoning to ask can't hurt, but they might want to impose an under occupancy charge as you are short of an adult. Try it and see which option works out cheaper Smile I seem to remember having to phone them to sort out child discounts the last time we used them for a summer holiday as the website couldn't cope.

Last year's Inghams brochure has Gatwick to Geneva as the only route without a supplement. Is that no longer true?

We don't use TOs any more now (except for last minute bargains) as you can usually get much better prices DIY because of the child discounts that you can pick up by going direct. Why not ask @flangesax how much for that week? Austria is so much nicer than France anyway, especially the Ski Amade wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher, thanks - the Gatwick flight apparently goes into Chambery this year. They give that as the reason that all flights have supplements and none are available at the basic price. Still seems odd to me that they do not offer any flights at the quoted brochure price.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stephen buck, that is surely misleading and against regulations. I thought pacakge trips now had to be available somewhere at the advertised price.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
With their sister company, Esprit, the 'No Supplement' flight is Southampton to either Chambery or Geneva. I'd be very surprised if there was no holiday available at the 'no supplement' price as that would be risk being pulled-up entirely unnecessarily.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hells Bells, yes, I agree - that is what rather upset me when they told me on the phone that no flight for that holiday was offered without a flight supplement.

@Gaza, I've checked Southampton (and all other airports) and they all have at least a £19 supplement per person.

I feel like complaining, but not sure who to...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stephen buck, I have no legal background, but this reads to me that they must offer it at the headline price. Like you, I couldn't find an option that didn't involve at least a £19 pp per leg supplement (Southampton got me £19).
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP1015CAAOFTApplicableConsumerLawGuidance.pdf

I think you can report them to the CAA.

As an aside, their website is awful! I had to clear the cookies to change the departure.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stephen buck, Trading Standards would be able to help I think and at least point you in the right direction.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks - it's a question of whether it's worth the hassle that complaining would inevitably involve, I guess, for the sake of 3 x £17 flight supplements....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stephen buck, I think someone on Inghams reads this forum, there's no longer a supplement on the early morning Gatwick flight!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gämsbock, thanks - interesting - though strangely, the price now comes out slightly higher than they previously quoted me with the £17 pp flight supplement...

Hopefully Inghams are reading this and they will also fix the glitch that prevents me from booking 1 adult and 2 kids - they told me 3 seasons ago that they were aware of the problem and said both then and several times since that they are working on it!
snow report
@stephen buck, interesting, price hasn't increased for me - it's been a consistent £593 pp but now minus £19 supplement. If that's less that they quoted you maybe try clearing your cookies?
snow conditions
@Gämsbock, Thks - will do.
ski holidays
They have always had 2 SOU-GVA flights. One with a supplement and one without. They may have incorrectly loaded one...not sure. the half price lift pass offer applies to loads of weeks across the season, its most weeks of the season bar a few. The website also lets you book 1 adult and 2 children. it may be that you have inconsistencies of data as I know that you have to put data in on two occasions (once for the search and then again for the flight). You also have to be wary of when you call a child a child as sometimes they will fall in the adult category.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy