Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belleville Valley - Eating & other Info please

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Reberty (just above Les Menuires) on Monday. Wondered if anyone knew of any hidden mountain gems for eating during the day. I suspect next week may be a bit nippy so a warm and a refuel will be essential wink.

Anyone done the rubber tubing ride in Les Menuires ?

Any "Must do's" ? (Suggestions like: "The off piste steeps off La Masse" will not be considered Very Happy

Any snowHead's in the area next week?

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, Are you sneaking off without the kids?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CP, Nope, but we are sneaking the kids off Laughing. I have no problems keeping the kids of school for a week to go skiing. A week trying to speak French, meeting new people, developing their independance, accepting responsability etc etc. On top of all that it was very cheap Laughing
Eldest has year 6 sats in May but shall be taking some work with us. Totally off topic: I did an hours maths with him last night and the benefit of 1-2-1 tuition was immense.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, there's a wee place at the bottom station of the Saulire cable car above Courchevel called (I think) L'arc en ciel (iirc it has a wee rainbow on the sign so you'll not miss it). It's tucked up a flight of steps and all the lifties eat there. Non-salubrious but very tasty and excellent value by 3v standards.

Weather wise, next week looks like a gradual warming towards the weekend and fairly average temperatures next week, ie. for Val T in January ****in baltic ! Looks dry and sunny in the early part of the week at least.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

I did an hours maths with him last night and the benefit of 1-2-1 tuition was immense
I'm glad you got a lot from it, I think it's great that your year 6 kid can teach you something. wink

Sorry, back on topic - Reberty anyone?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, Laughing Laughing Laughing , I can't talk proper, but I do know how to count money
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jerusalem

The on piste at La massa is good wink

Avoid the red down the bottom of the valley than runs from VT back to Les Minging - its mostly up hill Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

its mostly up hill

Just looked and crossed it of my piste map. Uphill is always difficult, perhaps thats why its red Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, not exactly hidden, but L'Ours Blanc serves a damn fine meal (maybe better saved for an evening though) - unless that's where you're staying of course wink If you're not, my condolences Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Panorama at the top of La Masse, opposite side of the valley from Reberty, is good and quite cheap. It is a bit on the steep side coming back down, but we manage it. Great skiing on that side and never busy.

Give no thought to SATs. they are worth nothing to a child at this stage.
Enjoy.

snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish, Please stick to one really useful bit of information per post wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Get up to Le Roc des Trois Marches (I hear there's anew lift from Les M this year) & ski down La Grande Lac, a lovely, long, whooshy blue run. That will get you to the top of St Martin bubble/ bottom of St Martin 2 chair. Up the chair, turn left at the top & you'll find restaurant Les Cretes in about 300 yards. Best Omelette Savoyard I've eaten. Good chips too & a wonderful view. After that either drop down to Meribel or enjoy 'Jerusalem' back down to the chair lift.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, I would echo Jerusalem as a 'must do' - it was very nice today.

For a 'hidden gem' of a mountain restaurant near Les Menuires, try 'Chez Alfred' close to the bottom of the Montaulever drag. You may need to book or get there early. It's a very traditional mountain restaurant with excellent food and low prices. Don't visit if you're in a hurry, though - the place is run by a husband and wife team and the food may take a while. On a cold day, a table inside is a good place for a lengthy lunch - and you should be able to ski straight home if you want.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some very good stuff coming in. Just what the doctor ordered. Both of those eateries will be getting some hammer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, I seem to recall that you're stopping at Reberty 2000, you won't be disappointed at the Ferme just next to the piste, for either lunch time or an evening meal. I'd reiterate about the L'Ours Blanc (adding to that one of my mates designed the carpets there). Back to La Masse the black from the top of the drag lift just after getting off the first stage of the Gondola is great. On the Val T side a favourite of mine is the black dropping from the Cime de Caron into the 4th Valley. Have a great time!
snow report
It may be one of the ones already mentioned, as I'm not sure of the name, but there's a lovely rustic restaurant on the Itineraire route down from Val Thorens, at the bottom just before you reach Menuires.

I understand there are also some charming restaurants in St Martin de Belleville.

Bon appetit!
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, there's an article in this month's Ski and Board about St Martin. Apparently there's 3 Michelin-listed eateries and one Michelin starred there. It's on page 89 if you're interested. Sounds like foodie heaven! With the added advantage of being able to smugly ski it all off the next day Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Mont Vallon is a must at about lunch time.

Lac de la chambre red from top of bubble from Les Menuires up to link with Merihel valley- head towards towards VT and take a left down towards merihel. Do tihs one and think of me please.

Sorry can't help with eateries unless you make it across to Montalbert where I can recommend a lunchtime spot to beat all others..... Razz Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Frosty might find Mont Vallon a bit steep, Mouth, . We only take on those runs on our bravest days. Not sure which run you mean from the top of Mont de la Chambre. All the reds down on the Meribel side are delicious. Bev's favourite is Mouflon. Alouette is good too, but steep to start with. Is it really only 5 weeks away......Lovely. snowHead
latest report
Quote:

I think Frosty might find Mont Vallon a bit steep
Chris Bish, Occaissionally i have to swallow my pride and do something steep. As long as the snow is good I am prepred to take the risk. If I dont then the kids just rip the gypsies out of me Embarassed . Last year going down into La Thuile on black no 3 we came to a very steep porridge mountain field. There was a red off to the side that looped round to meet with the black at the bottom. Not a day goes by without my (then) 8 yr old reminding all and sundry of what a complete arseless woofter his Dad is.
Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, This does sound like our style. Jon lies in the snow at the bottom pretending to be asleep because he has been there so long. When we do take on steep stuff we feel very brave and photograph each other by the signs! You always get down some how, even if it ends up being truffle-hunter style, (My new speciality!)

Haven't you been to 3v before? If it is first time then you are if for a treat. If doing Vallon do the left hand one off the top first. The right hand one is a better run but v steep to start with. snowHead
latest report
Chris Bish, Stayed in Courchevel 1650 in Jan 2004 and loved it. Kids were 2nd weekers so we only bought a Courchevel pass which turned out to be more than ample.

My aims are to do all of the above except the blacks mentioned (wuss) and the L'Ours Blanc restaurat (would be nice but dont want the bin lids spilling tommy sauce on some designer carpet).

One existing aim is to try and get accross to 1650, re-live happy some memories, and ride the new Chapelets 6 man. it would be nice to ski Chapelet without having that long drag back up again.

Thanks again folks
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, I wouldn't worry about the carpet skiiers at lunchtime march all over it and Jonathan would hate to be thought of as that "sort" of designer he mainly designs carpets for hotels and such. Know what you mean about the Chaplet drag esp at the end of the day when it's in the shade!
latest report
Frosty,

in no way is it hidden but it does seem to be a little ignored - the restaurant at the the top of the Cime de Carron above VT does a big plat of spag bol for not too much and has amazing panoramic views on a sunny day.

Do consider skiing the black from C de C - its at the easy end of 3V blacks (i.e., pretty gentle) and has good snow.

St Martin is a great spot for lunch (various options, relaxed).

You'll enjoy Mt Vallon - the very top section is a little steep but after that it is a gorgeous red with reliably excellent snow.

J
snow report
Another treat you have coming is the delicious blue called Pluviometer back down into Val T from the Meribel side. It has a black alternative that is hardly red and not worth much of a look. Pluviometer is one of those blues that go steepish/flat at reliable intervals and has great views of the most beuatiful of the 3Vs.

If you find yourself in Mottaret at lunchtime, the Cote Brune does decent pizzas. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy