Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place in London to have boots fiited?

Poster: A snowHead
I want to buy a pair of boots and have them custom fitted with a liner.Where is the best place to get this done?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Profeet?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wife got hers done at Profeet in Fulham too. Very good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMHO

Bicester ( almost West London frankly ... ) Solutions for feet - best for both value and special situations.

Fulham Road : Profeet as above -best for convenience and convenient after sales (so maybe value?

Surefoot (aka Sorefoot.. Fulham Broadway) - not sure - some swear by them, injected foam liner , v v comfy, but get the impression that they are keen to clear stock...

Google away, here and elsewhere!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Profeet
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Profeet!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.Solutions4feet.co.uk but ring to book an appointment or risk being turned away. Such is demand!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had mine done at Solutions 4 Feet. Would thoroughly recommend. Deffo book an appointment, it was thoroughly worth the morning off work. Can't comment on the others, but as you can see, Profeet are also popular on here, so probably be OK with either unless you have major issues.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had mine done at Profeet in Fulham, they were brilliant. Took a few days for them to bed in, but now they are the best boots I've ever had.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you are willing to travel a bit further west then I think you should add Ski Bartlett (Hendon) to your list of candidates.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski Bartlett are in Hillingdon
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
my mistake, Hillingdon Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I had a terrible experience with Ski Bartlett. Won't ever go back again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I had a terrible experience with Ski Bartlett. Won't ever go back again.

That sounds ominous. Presume you mean badly fitting boots which they wouldn't rectify rather than alien abduction? Might be useful to be a bit more specific though?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry but don't buy boots in the UK..... any more.
Maybe there is an argument that you are not taking a massive risk as long as you have normal-ish feet but there is a rather obvious flaw in any comfort guarantee....
Due to my massive over-enthusiasm [I have a mental age of 4 where skiing is concerned] I bought a pair of boots from a London based shop known for their 'excellent' fitting service.
The fitting took around 2 hours. I explained that my medial malleoli [ankle bones] were very prominent and I had experienced severe problems in the past.
This is always a difficult fix as the stretch needed is around the pivot point where two parts of the shell join.
Like an idiot I assumed they knew what they were doing, so even though my post stretch assessment felt only marginally better, I though that everything would improve with a bit of use.
Anyway .... hey ... [at no little cost] I had a comfort guarantee ......
So ... off I went skiing. .... and yes ... you've guessed it ... eye watering pain. Not new boot first weeks discomfort.
This is where the stupidity of my purchase became glaringly apparent.
I have agonising un-skiable pain in my feet and need my boots stretched immediately.
I have a comfort guarantee from a shop in London .... but presently I am up a mountain in the Italian Alps.
The guy I took my boots to in Italy was someone I have had great service from before. He gently pointed out to me that I had bought a pair of Italian boots from a shop in London, not located in the resort where I was going to first use them, relying on a geographically insane comfort guarantee from people who don't stretch boots all day every day like he does.
His logic was embarrassingly undeniable ... but I have never been that bright.
He examined the boots, but when I mentioned they had been stretched to accommodate my large ankle bones he was somewhat surprised. There were visible points where the boots had been previously stretched with a heat gun. He measured where my ankle bones were and showed me that the stretch points were a full 4cm away from where they were needed.
It was his opinion that the inaccurate stretch was down to the fact that, with a heat gun it was pretty well impossible to perform the adjustment needed as it only heated a narrow area. He used a heat lamp that heated most of the boot so a progressive deep stretch could be achieved.
I won't bore you with any more details, suffice to say it took three more visits back to him to get a near perfect fit [yes I have weird feet]. This was achieved over a few days rather than after a few holidays of agony had I stuck with adjustments performed but my UK based shop.
I headed from Italy to a multi-Canadian resort extravaganza and have to say that, post Italian fixing,my boots were fab!
I am sure many many people have great experiences buying boots in the UK.... I will never do it again ... if all goes well ... fine ... if it doesn't .. unless you fly home for a mid holiday adjustment ... it makes no sense at all.
latest report
@FoofyNoo, it makes sense if you ski in the UK, which I do. Multiple trips to a snowdome will soon extract a problem from the woodwork. It can then be dealt with not a million miles from the snowdome. Otherwise, I understand your logic.
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
@FoofyNoo, it makes sense if you ski in the UK, which I do. Multiple trips to a snowdome will soon extract a problem from the woodwork. It can then be dealt with not a million miles from the snowdome. Otherwise, I understand your logic.

Fair point. I hadn't thought of that.
latest report
When I skied in a wide variety of resorts I bought my boots in the UK and it worked pretty well.

Now I spend a huge amount of time in one resort I bought my boots there and will again when they need changing.

Horses for courses IMO.
snow report
@Hurtle,
I'm not sure, for me, that I could possibly work the boots hard enough in a fridge to elicit all possible problems. Although clearly it's a step in the right direction.
snow conditions
Profeet in Fulham, every time. I bought my boots from them too, but they will also do fitting on a pair you already own (they corrected the appalling job Snow & Rock did on Lady Flashman's boots).

Expensive, but great value, if that makes sense? Free refits for the life of the boots - which is more important than you would think. I've been back 3 times over the 150 days or so my boots have done, as they moved, packed out etc. It means that my boots are still going strong at a usage where most people would junk them and buy new ones...
latest report
PS I found out just how valuable properly fitted boots are on my last trip to Whistler, when I rented some for the weekend, as I was opportunistically tacking the trip onto the end of a business trip, and had no ski kit with me. My boots are 5 years old, so the rented stuff is much newer and modern boots are meant to be pretty good. They weren't a patch on my old, worn but custom fitted ones!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy