Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine Elements

Poster: A snowHead
Hi im looking at booking a holiday in a refurbished chalet with alpine elements in tignes.......I know there has been a lot of reviews about them but I cant seem to find anything newer than 2013.

Has anyone had a recent experience? Have they turned a corner.

The full holiday, flights, transfers, and chalet catering will be about £800 so im not expecting 5* service.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are looking to book with them next year, so far customer service and responses have been reasonably good. They won't do transfers separate, so stuck on a very early gatwick flight with them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went to Tignes with Alpine Elements in 2014. Good chalet, almost ski in / out. Good hosts and fairly decent food. Would recommend and use again.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My sister did a last minute booking with them for Christmas week just gone, after she and her family (husband and 2 boys aged 11 and Cool decided to bail out of what would have been a "snow free" holiday to Morillon. They booked with under a week to go (I found the deal online for them), and got a rock bottom deal as there was a £150 per head discount if they did their own flights and transfers (and they already had flights for the other trip, so it made sense to then pay for car hire on top). That made the cost for the Alpine Elements hotel and board just over £300 per head, bargain!
They were in the former Mark Warner chalet hotel -Hotel Hautes La Toviere-in Tignes Le Lac. In fact their "family room" was a 2 bedroomed apartment across from the main hotel. She said it made them feel a little isolated. Food OK. If she had a complaint I think it was that there was no early kids tea and their boys were not used to eating so late. However, that was all far better than staying in a catered chalet at 1100m with absolutely no snow.
On the plus side, the changeover day was Sunday, so they managed to miss completely being troubled by "Snowmageddon Saturday" between Christmas and New year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@zoe_h2004, What's the name of the accom? - I may have been in it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im looking at the following options:-

Chalet Waterloo, Tignes

Chalet Napoleon, Tignes

Hotel Gelinotte, Val d'isere
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know it's a different resort, but we had a week with Alpine Elements in Chalet Rathia in St Anton earlier this year. Whilst the chalet was large and warm and the staff were ok, the place was disgusting. Especially the kitchen with every surface filthy with food residue and grime and the fridges full of half-open packets of food, nothing sealed properly. It was a couple of weeks before the end of the season (28th March) and it didn't look like it had been cleaned from day one.

We were asked to leave our rooms unlocked so the staff could get in to clean as they didn't have spare keys Puzzled and they never came and cleaned once.

What made the state of the place hard to comprehend was that fact the resort regional rep also stayed there, although we saw her out blind drunk in the bars most nights so she probably didn't care.

I'd tagged onto a group who I didn't know well so I kept my mouth shut whilst I was there, but if this is the state of their properties I would never book with them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@zoe_h2004, is that for real? Do they really have chalets called Napoleon and Waterloo? Nice to see cultural balance 😄😄
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and they wonder why the French get so upset.
rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Both the ones in Tignes are in Les Brevieres the lowest village in the EK. Its a pretty village but there is little apres and is not connected by free buses. Some people love it - but if you want to be in the 'thick of it' then its not the best choice.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone any opinions on these chalets:-

Anne-Marie Tignes

Artkic, Tignes

La Perle, La Plagne

L’Orchidee – Courchevel

Chalet Estrella – Courchevel

Chalet Camille – Tignes

Thank you in advance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@zoe_h2004, if that Chalet Estrella is in 1650 then a group of us stayed there nearly 10 years ago. I think the operator at the time was Crystal. The lounge looks the same as I remember it. The chalet itself was okay, the downside was the walk to and from the lifts. The nearest lift may have been removed recently, and anyway in practice you would probably end up walking to the main lift in the centre of 1650, must be about 10 minutes walk at least. Which is not so bad if you left your ski boots in a locker at the lift station but a pain otherwise. And the lockers were unheated as I recall, and also have to be paid for. Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chalet Camille is ex Ski Olympic - very close to the lifts in Lavachet in a quiet part of town but only 5 mins walk from the nightlife in Le Lac or Lavachet - stayed there 3 times and it was fine. As you are with Inghams it will be a good standard.

The other two are with Total the slightly cheaper little sister of Inghams Anne Marie and Arctic are both very new - not quite so handy for pistes and nightlife - I could say they are being a little generous with the descriptions of access - but Arktic has fantastic views from the front if you don't mind a 200m walk to a drag lift which then allows you to ski to the main lifts - not great with little kids or tired legs. Again both are quiet areas on a night 5 mins for Arktic to the action a little longer for A-M.

Not much to choose between them - all of a good standard of build and a reputable company - plus the best resort in the World (but I may be a little biased
wink )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Total cowboys. They tried to charge £20 more than the high season lift pass price in low season. Also tried to duck their responsibility to get us all home when the flights were cancelled. It took the threat of legal action to make them pay up for our return travel. This was in 2011 so they might have got their act together since then.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells wrote:
and they wonder why the French get so upset.
rolling eyes

Perhaps then the French should rename the Gare d'Austerlitz.
ski holidays
@dogwatch, but that is actually in France, not UK , which would be the equivalent.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy