Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski welt.. Half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2 trips booked for next year but already thoughts are turning to 2017. The plan that year is to do a big family trip for my 50th. With Uni and school exams looks like it is going to be either over Christmas or half term. We went over Christmas/new year last two years and tbh not too sure with paying peak prices I want to take the chance on going so early in the season again, so thinking of going over half term.

Planning on staying in Brixen and just wondering how busy does it get over half term in ski welt. It is such a vast ski area is it able to handle the queues.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@2waterford, check to see if it is just our half term. If it is it should be fine. If the locals, Dutch, Belgians, Danes etc... Are also off to might be a bit busy.

Do yours get half term off from uni?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hammerite, thank you, my daughter is hoping to study nursing and the college she has in mind does half term but my son has now told me he can't take that week off revision for his mocks. Looks like it is New Year or celebrate my 51st rather than my 50th snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Looks like it is New Year

Christmas would probably be both quieter and cheaper.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Looks like it is New Year

Christmas would probably be both quieter and cheaper.

True but if we had opted for Christmas this year rather than New Year it was green fields rather than white pistes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were in Skiwelt at Christmas this season. You are right it wasn't great, but there was skiing. This season was just a poor start, but there could quite easily have been very little snow at New Year, or a shed load of snow at Christmas. Don't base the decision on one year.

I can confirm that Christmas is a huge amount cheaper (for 3 of us just for flights, accommodation and transfers I think we saved about £1,000 on going out the following week).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Don't base the decision on one year.

This. I recall one year where Christmas had been OK - rather thin snow but lovely sunshine. There was no more precipitation for some time and the thinning New Year snow, plus the usual crowds, made for a very poor week.

This last year was exceptional (I speak of France) where the Christmas snow, the worst for many a long year was followed by a huge snowfall on that changeover Saturday which caused utter chaos on the roads but made for far better skiing.

Frankly, I think New Year is the worst week of the season, overall. Too early to be sure of good snow but you CAN be sure of sky high prices and very busy pistes. I generally opt for a cross country ski course that week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tbh I want to one last big family holiday for the 6 of us more than my husband or the kids. There are a lot of variables when picking a good time to go skiing and when I factor in work for oldest son, university for my daughter and two youngest doing exams it really is becoming a bit of a mine field.

On the plus side if we don't do the big family swan song ski trip hubby and I could manage two ski trips that year. A week in January and a week in February. Decisions. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A time comes in life where, hard as it is, you need to prioritise yourself. wink

I can understand the dilemma though, especially since it'll be your 50th so it'd be nice to do one big family holiday. Our eldest daughter is at Uni and middle son is starting college in Sept, youngest son is only 8 though so we're 'stuck' with him on holiday for a while. Even with both the wife and I due to turn 50 in the next couple of years I doubt either of the eldest would be terribly keen on a 'family' holiday with us, even if we could afford to pay for them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I have just taken the offer of the family ski trip for my 50th off the table, kids weren't too bothered by it. rolling eyes rolling eyes

Looks like a week in Saalbach and a week in Ellmau for us in 2017. Every cloud and all that. snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 10-06-15 15:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@2waterford, Saalbach - good choice! Party time without the kids being there to get embarrassed by you!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy