Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instruction for beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I learnt to ski in Soldeu with ski school. Lessons were in the morning only and I skied in the afternoon with my partner who has been skiing since he was 8 years old. I am now going to Selva Val Gardena on my 4th ski holiday and will be taking private one to one tuition as you can really only go so far with ski school.

easiski is very good - I'll second that, I had some lessons with her last year in Les Deux Alpes.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Martin, The first resort I stayed at was La Tania and had lessons with Magic in Motion, and I can recommend both. We had group lessons, and paid for as such, but we only had 3 people in them, 2 of them being my partner and I! So it felt almost like a private lesson, but on the cheap. However, we did go in April, so that might account for the very small group size as it was pretty late in the season. The instructors we had were all good, and I felt I progressed really well with them.

Previously, La Tania only had a relatively steep run back to resort (very busy, labelled as a blue I think, but with distinctly reddish tones!), but they say they have now opened a green run from the Courcheval side, and you can also return in the bubble car, so you don't need to tackle the run back until later in the week if you don't want to. You can get across to the Courcheval runs on some easy blues, but don't have to pay Courcheval prices for accommodation, and you can also go the other way to Meribel for a bit of variety.

Have to say, as a beginner I really wouldn't have wanted lessons for a whole day ~ ours were 3 hours and I was really tired by the end. Recently, I've had private lessons (only 2 hours long, but non-stop) and do think they are the way to go once you've mastered the basics. We felt we learnt more in that 2 hours than the week of stop-starting in a large and unsatisfactory group lesson in Sauze d'Oulx - and while I am on the topic, don't go there! I found it relatively inconvenient with a 20 min hike up the mountain from our hotel and then a long chair lift to Sportinia before you get anywhere near the snow ~ and then not much snow! [that was in January last year] And by the sound of recent threads on here, it is as bad this year ~ not sure if it improves later in the season, but I for one would not go there again....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy