Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lauterbrunnen as a base for Murren and Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rogerdodger wrote:
Yes Snowblades, I was refering to Jungfrau Lauterbrunnen. So it sounds as if the hole has been filled with concrete.
This does avoid the shockingly cold water.

So it seems.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can i just check - is the "piste" down to valley from Winteregg open to sledges/multiuse ? - i believe it is but wanted to confirm to avoid us trespassing for want of a better word - should it be open when we go. thanks !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gamer2471, yes you can use sledges.

The Riggli chairlift this morning (lol...thank #murrenlover) -

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thankyou for confirming. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going skiing, and not staying in a ski resort, is a waste of everyone's time and money.

Lauterbrunnen is low, gets little snow, and is basically a glorified train station.

Stay in Murren or Wengen.

Do it proper.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Must contradict Whitegold most strenuously! We have the ultimate flexibility from our base in the canyon.
Access to Wengen obviously straightforward, access to Murren 2 choices, direct or from Stechle'
Finally the trip around to Grindelwald is a breeze, ok 40 mins but so what?
Today, wonderful powder up on kleine scheidegg and Mannlichen, ski out to Schwendi ( below Grindelwald ) and home in 35 mins! Easy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To be honest i would rather wake up to the mountain view of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau, 2 minute travel time to the lifts and ski back, snow-sure, car-free, beautiful surroundings than the valley floor but everyone to their own.

Murren looked wonderful today -

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
>> piste from Winteregg to Lauterbrunnen :

I skiied it once 10 years ago: its a forest trail. My skills then were ok for the trail, but not fast enough for overtaking traffic including many sledges. Piste end was a bit of a mystery, 100 metres above Lauterbrunnen station with a field to ski across.(fairly typical for Jungfrau Region valley runs, several end abruptly in car parks).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy