Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas for a snow related charity challenge?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I might enlist the brains of snowHead to help me with some ideas.

Since last year I have done a bit of work for a charity, and am currently trying to come up with a new challenge to raise money.

Things that have been done in the past include Climbing Mt Fuji, Abseiling Table Mountain, San Diego Triathlon, and on Sunday I am competing in a 'its a knockout' style event.

A core group of us are mad keen snow sports enthusiasts so we thought there must be a good plan we can come up with. I appreciate that saying 'Im going skiing, fancy giving me some money for charity' is unlikely to gain much support so it has to be considered a real challenge. Didn't some snowHead do something a while back?

Ideally it would be possible to do over a long weekend, so Europe would be best. A couple of the group actually live in the Ski Amade region, so anything specific to that area would be good too.

Anyhow, would much appreciate anyones thoughts or experiences.

Oh the charity is DreamFlight for those who are interested

Cheers

Jon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Needs to involve a midnight ski tour where the only illumination allowed is an iPhone gaffa taped to your forehead. I'd pay good money to see you do that (again).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BTW, it's a great charity. Provided an amazing experience for someone close to me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.mountain-attack.at/02en/route.html in Saalbach

Edit: Rob@Rar great minds apparently think alike (though this one's a race)!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worlds biggest snowball fight.
Best snowman comp.
Full moon skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This dropped in my inbox today...

http://www.snow-camp.org.uk/events/alpinechallenge
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob wrote:
Worlds biggest snowball fight.
Best snowman comp.
Full moon skiing.

All too fun.

I hate all the cowdoo things like 'sponsor me to climb Kilimanjaro' a load of my mates do. It's a walk not a climb, and it's enjoyable not hard - basically a free holiday. Sponsorship challenges should be genuinely challenging.

Like this one: http://www.oceanvalour.co.uk

Quote:
On May 3rd 2015 Tom Rainey and Lawrence Walters set out from Manhattan, New York to row 3,800 miles unsupported across the North Atlantic Ocean to honour the memory of Tom’s Father Luke, who died from a brain tumour and raise £250,000 for the Brain Tumour Charity.

Badass, and well worth sponsoring. Obviously the danger and time commitments there are way beyond what might be considered reasonable for these sort of things, but I refuse to pay for any able and healthy person to walk up Kilimanjaro.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jonkgray78, I was involved with the original BHF "Ski Feat".
Raised loadsa cash for the BHF by skiing as many pistes in France in a given week.

Could get as many Snowheads to ski a given country in a given few days and raise cash based on how many pistes or resorts they can ski in that time/week/days.

Ski Feat raised £190K in a single year back in early 2000's.

Just requires bums on (lift)seats, and a few beers! wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the great ideas!

@rob@rar, I'm up for more midnight skiing, if you are up for more Limoncello ? Wink It is a pretty good charity isn't it.

@ansta1, @clarky999, Just the type of thing I was looking for thanks.

@skimastaaah, Wow! £190k! Thats very impressive. I will definitely investigate. I'm a big fan of the BHF too, very good charity.

Thanks again
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cycle down to a ski resort?

London to 3 vallees? 1 day to the channel then 5 or 6 days to a resort.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
emwmarine wrote:
Cycle down to a ski resort?

London to 3 vallees? 1 day to the channel then 5 or 6 days to a resort.

Now that's a cool idea!

Reminds me of this: http://bike2boat.com/wp/the-idea/?lang=en#en

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy