Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family resort recommendations for March 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

The family will be flying Edi-Gen on the 26th march for a week. We need somewhere within striking distance of Geneva that's reasonably high, has good ski school for the kids (beginners), nice mix of runs for myself and the wife and a good selection of accomodation within a few minutes walk of the lifts.

So far we're looking at La Thuille and Arc 1950 as good options. Would welcome your thoughts and suggestions. Happy to book anytime between now and January!

We might also be joined by another family of 4 so need to consider additional accomodation for them either near us, or all together.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nearer to Geneva would be Flaine and I understand the newer development is quite attractive. Arc 1950 would fit the bill as would, Arc 2000, and some of La Plagne but the transfer is longer than Flaine/Samoens (latter is more of a mission to access lifts) La Thuile is surely even more of a mission from Geneva? Someone will come along that knows more than me but La Rosiere to which La Thuile is linked (research on here will tell you how good/bad that link is) is about the same as Les Arcs in transfer time. However it is south facing and if the spring is warm may be less than ideal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for this. I've been looking at Flaine and the new resort does look pretty tidy - it is further from the lifts though which is a consideration for my beginner kids.

At the moment we're pretty much sold on Arc 1800 or 1950. 1950 is preferred as its smaller, higher and in a great spot for ski school. I've stayed in 1800 for a lads week and whilst the snow/mountain was amazing the accomodation left much to be desired if I'd been there with the family. The 3hr transfer is a negative, but once you're there it will quickly be forgotten and the kids are used to transatlantic travel to visit family in the states so should take it all in their stride!

I also have some free nights to use from hotels.com and they seem to have some good options with the Pierre et Vacances SC apartments.

Final thought is Avoriaz. Will it be high enough at that time of year? It's certainly close to Geneva and looks quite attractive. We were in Les Gets this year and it seemed the skiing would be limited if Morzine/Les Gets were getting slushy/links breaking lower down.

Thanks again
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've stayed Courmayer 1/2 board at hotel Pillier d'anglier last three seasons. Our kids are 11-16 and loved hotel and skiing. Just the other side of Mont Blanc. They will do a pick up from Geneva. If you are under your own steam La Thuile & Pila are easy driving from Courmayer for more skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy