Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for the perfect ski resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So already I'm excited about ski season and would love to book the holiday soon so I really have a lot of options. Problem is I wasn't too taken with the resort last year and would really love some advice on where to go.

I will most likely be going with a lot of family members who will vary from skiing very often to skiing maybe once before and aged between 8 and 55. I think the best place to go would be somewhere with long, cruising slopes that everyone can enjoy. I don't think anyone is really bothered about spending the whole day on black slopes. Personally, I would like a few difficult slopes but I think I'm the exception here.

So the main things I'm looking for are scenic, long slopes, a lot of new places to explore and a reasonably pretty ski village and preferably in Austria or Italy (cheaper). Last year I was in Pila and Andalo and both were skied out and a bit boring by the end, also not very pretty towns. Thanks in advance! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dolomites. Arabba, Corvara, Colfosco, La Villa or Selva all fit the bill. Great ski area with all those villages connected.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mattyhugh, Wecome to snowHeads! snowHead

And I'd second hammerite's recommendation of the Dolomites. I particularly like the resorts in Val Gardena (Selva, St Christina and Ortisei). There are several threads on snowHeads about these places e.g http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2656768&highlight=longia#2656768
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cortina, while we're on a Dolomites theme. Skiing is a bit fragmented, but the loveliest town in the region.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I think we've established the Dolomites a perfect in every way if you're not too fussed about lots of difficult piste skiing. Corvara is my favourite. Not as busy as Val Gardena and near to adventures such as the Hidden Valley, Great War Ring and Marmolada.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mattyhugh wrote:
I will most likely be going with a lot of family members who will vary from skiing very often to skiing maybe once before and aged between 8 and 55. I think the best place to go would be somewhere with long, cruising slopes that everyone can enjoy. I don't think anyone is really bothered about spending the whole day on black slopes. Personally, I would like a few difficult slopes but I think I'm the exception here.

So the main things I'm looking for are scenic, long slopes, a lot of new places to explore and a reasonably pretty ski village and preferably in Austria or Italy (cheaper).

With that post I think you have just described the Dolomites perfectly.

Any of the villages others have mentioned should be fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy