Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard instructor course information?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Chasing some information on the best option on Snowboard instructor courses? I have been looking at the Anwarter courses offered and that seems like a decent course.

Main questions are:
- Is the Anwarter course desirable worldwide for work?
- Recommendations on which course to pursue; Casi, Basi, Anwarter etc?
- Some threads I have read recommend the Anwarter as the best course? is there truth to this?

Cheers guys.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you looking to work, and how's your German?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking anywhere I Europe really.

I have done some further research and the Anwarter course seems only to be required in Austria.

I am leaning toward Basi now. Thoughts?

My German is 0. I would have to do a language course also.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BASI is almost certainly the most internationally-recognised Snowboard Instructor course out there - but bear in mind that you need to get to level 3/4 to really get the benefit of this.

Level 1 is not well recognised, but plenty of people are out there working (in Austria, Switzerland, NZ/Aus, Canada, etc.) with level 2.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And until u get to level 4 or above, its a lifestyle not a way of making a good living
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also be aware that it can be harder to find jobs in Europe if you are just a snowboard instructor, much better if yiu can tech skiing too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
winterfunman wrote:
And until u get to level 4 or above, its a lifestyle not a way of making a good living

Does anyone teach skiing/snowboarding for the money?

My Daughter has been BASI L2 qualified for two years. She works for Les Elfes in Verbier, she receives full food and board and a pretty decent salary. She is currently home for a month to return for a summer season of MTBing and wakeboarding.

She qualified with Peak Leaders in Morzine.

A keen youngster could have great few years living off of L2, it would be better than seasonaire money. If they then wish to progress through the levels, great. Madeye-Smiley It's getting past the 'experience' hurdle which is the tricky one.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is there any way to feel your legs on a board. I mean to move normal. I'm trying to learn snowboarding but my fixed legs make me crazy. Is there any way to get used to it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kate Bennet: Try bending your knees more and pushing your bum out whilst keeping a straight back. Ensure your body is over the centre of the board when you do this.

should free you up more.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy