Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry slope body armour

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being the paranoid type I normally wear body armour/a back protector on the slopes, however for short dry slopes is this complete overkill?

Over the summer I'm tempted to have a go on a dry slope (Bromley and/or Brentwood if it makes a difference). I will take my wrist guards and crash shorts, but is a back protector/upper body armour likely to be of any benefit on these short slopes?

A friend of mine broke his collarbone at Hemel, which is why I'm so paranoid, but Hemel can get quite compacted towards the end of the evening, so not sure if it really compares to a dry slope?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you're going to break your collarbone I doubt there's a lot armour could do to stop it. To me it's overkill, but if you're going to throw yourself at rails then I suppose they don't care if you're on snow or plastic. You will find plastic less forgiving of poor technique than artificial snow and more painful to fall on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not good enough to even think of rails yet Happy

For now it's just a case of trying to improve my general boarding technique!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nothing less than a giant ball of bubblewrap

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Enough people wear back protection now that nobody would look at you funny for wearing it as part of your regular gear. *personally* I don't, but one of my regular riding buddies won't leave home without it. Popping a collarbone is pretty common for snowboarding, if you're concerned about it then make sure your armour choice does offer clavicle protection - the simple 'spine line' ones don't - you'll need something that covers the upper shoulder and top of the back specifically, which may make you look a bit "Alexis Carrington"... so dated myself there. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well...i am also this kind of guy...i have this wrist guards and a pad sorts for almost 10 years when i really start to snowboarding...
of course helmet.
however i bought a body armour for motorcycles which is quite cheaper than these for snowboarding and its also good for protection (maybe better)
i didnt use it one day in Kitzsteinhorn...and i broke a rip in the back that day....
from that day....

i know...not so lucky...but sometimes.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy