Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interlaken/Jungfrau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

flying into Basel next friday for a weekend with a few guys any suggestions on where to go/stay

Thinking jungfrau at moment

Is staying at Interlaken an option?. We are keen skiers but like a few beers too so somehwere were both are pretty good wouldn't go a miss. Someone said that Interlaken is a bit livelier than Grindelwald/Murren/Wengen. Dont mind driving up each morning. What is the train like

Any other ideas on locations

Only just discovered snowheads wish i had found earlier!!

Thanks in advance

AB Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alanbevo, Cannot help, but the local Jungfrau expert, DGO, hopefully will be along soon. Cool

BTW Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interlaken and Grindelwald are pretty similar on the apres-ski front, whilst Wengen and Murren are quieter. You're much better off getting the train in the mornings (it's covered on the ski pass) - parking is difficult in Lauterbrunnen (for Wengen/Murren), not too bad in Grindelwald.

It does take a while to get to the skiing from Interlaken though, so if skiing is just as important as partying then Grindelwald might be a better option.

Welcome to snowheads!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alanbevo, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Engelberg is an option from Basel. As telford_mike says, Interlaken is a bit far out for skiing....it'd take you at least an hour to get on the slopes from there. Grindelwald has a bit more life than Wengen (don't know much about Murren apresski...but I can't imagine they have too much!!)...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wengen Apres ski has actually improved slightly this year Shocked , there's Sinas and Chillis bars for good music and beers, big screen tv with the footie in Rocks bar (free internet for 30 mins with when you buy a drink), Tiffany's under the Silberhorn Hotel is much better this year they've even got a pool table and table football as does the underground section of Chillis, avoid the newly renamed Blue Monkey (formerly the Keglebahn) though as 1 its like a kindergarten down there and 2 the ventilation is dreadful. Next weekend shouldn't be too busy but the folowing week will be manic as its Lauberhorn weekend so no accomodation anywhere
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alanbevo, welcome to Snowheads

Murren Apres Ski is probably the quietest out of Grindelwald & Wengen but they have a couple of good pubs.One of them being the Eiger Guesthouse where the drinks are at a good price and it has freindly atmosphere,pool table,TV,darts,music and the internet. Alot of the local hangout there so b prepared to bump into them alot in the resort.

They do have a nightclub there called the Inferno (inside the Palace Hotel) but most people just hangout in the pubs (due to the prices wink )
Anyway its not the amount of pubs and club that makes the evening.....its the people you meet and the company you are with !!

I would try and stay away from Interlaken because you will spend alot of your time travelling to get to ski than actually skiing.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 4-01-06 19:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alanbevo, Welcome to snowHead

I'm in Engelberg on sunday and the snow is looking good.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some cheap flights to Basel still around. Which of the above and how (drive/train) would be the quickest to get onto the slopes? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wengen and Murren are not so good if you drive. You have to abandon your car in a carpark in the valley which will be expensive.

Grindelwald and Interlaken are better if you have a car, but to be honest the public transport is so good (and included in the lift-pass) that a car is useless while you are in the Jungfrau Region.

If you're flying and catching the train, it's all pretty neutral. Interlaken is the shortest transfer, but has a correspondingly long trip to the skiing every morning.

Go to Wengen, you know you want to Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike, thanks, but i'm looking from a quick fly-in, one-nighter, then fly-out viewpoint Toofy Grin. I suspect the transfers count the Jungfrau out? though I understand there are some German ski stations within easy reach?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm doing the same in Feb. I'm planning on Engelberg, and have estimated that bus then train will be sub three hours.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
you can find out exactly how long a bus/rail transfer will take at http://www.rail.ch
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
telford_mike, 3 hours and 7 minutes. Close but no cigar.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike, I am told that foreign nationals can buy reduced price travel tickets in Switzerland. Do you know anything about this?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
telford_mike, thanks very much Very Happy
moot_point, good luck snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy