Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know of any International Educational Schools in a French Resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had a question from my French niece who lives in Bali regarding schooling, anyone know of anything like this ?

Do you know if in ski resort in France they have international schools? My friends wants to spend 3 months in the alps, next year (jan- March) but they have kids 12 years old and 10 years old! Maybe you know people who are doing the same thing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, I looked into this a bit. To my knowledge there are international schools in Lyon and Grenoble. There are also many international schools in Switzerland and some of them are possibly commutable from some of the french resorts of the PDS at a push.

I put my 10 year old in the local french school for 4 months, he coped fine.

I guess in most French resorts there will be resident kids of other nationalities, Brits, Dutch mainly, as their parents have settled there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think there is one in Chamonix.

If French language is the key, rather than actually France, then there is one in Verbier (St George's)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A freind did two seasons in Morine with her kids, justbput them into regular French school. Coped fine.

Morzine being unusual in the number of anglophonic pupils...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I understand from friends that at least one of the Chamonix state schools has an 'English' intake where they take in a bunch of British kids for the winter, give them intensive French language courses, then after a couple of months, mix them into the normal classes. I might have got the details slightly wrong, but that was the basic principle. Apparently it was very good (and free!) with the only downside being that the 'normal' education was a year or two behind where their kids were in the UK.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Be aware that from September 2016 the international sections of French secondary schools are being shut down... well that is the plan by the current government. Just a thought, so the only option in France will be private schools.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy