Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes Fridge - Poor Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
. . .has alledgedly got problems with some of the plant equipment that keeps the 'snow' and temps as required - its currently only working at reduced capacity which means the snow is very poor . . .a bit pants considering the high ticket price

Went last night and it was like skiing on sand. . .annoyed that they failed to mention this when booking (why would they?) as I would have gone to Tamworth had I known . . .its been 'compromised' for a couple of weeks and there was no confirmation as to when it would return to BAU.

Probably best to go am only and during quiet periods as bodies heat up the fridge making it even worse . . .

Rant over!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Belch, bet it didn't cost as much as I paid to ski on that sort of **** this year? Family of 4, peak week in Norway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
True dat . . .surely not that bad? I skied in La Plagne 3 weeks ago and it was slush but nowhere near sand. On another note - are you a seasoned Norway expert or was this a one-off? Looking to take my own family somewhere sane next year and quite fancy the look of the Nordics . . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last time I went in late February it was dreadful too, more like flour IMO Toofy Grin I very rarely go and this was in the middle of 2 spells totalling 10 weeks in the Alps Shocked Why you ask waste nearly £30 on that crap, gave me a chance to see my stepsons girlfriend ski as I was sorting out a private lesson for them both in L2A a couple of weeks later.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Belch, there were two-three days of sandy/sugary stuff in Norway (Hemsedal) in Feb. 2015. Quite unusual, I think, due to abnormally warm weather. Couple of days of slush - don't mind slush so much. 2014 was excellent snow, though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bit off piste of the thread but do you sort independently or are there any decent agents doing Hemsedal holidays? Have 3 young kids (10 & under) and want a safe, sane, mainly green run resort with lovely snow and nice blonde barmaids for me to dream about later on . . . . . !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Belch, did it independently this year because a lot cheaper than TO. Last year used Crystal who were good (our half term was different from rest of UK and therefore Crystal was not expensive). Season with Crystal stopped in early March this year and last year. I have posted a couple of TRs on Hemsedal for our trips this year and last year. Type Hemsedal in the search menu and you'll find them. Some people swear by Ski Norway - possibly quite expensive but do longer lessons, I think, than the usual 90 min lessons you get in Norway. I think you need to book accommodation at least with Ski Norway to get the longer lessons.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Belch, every fridge I've ever been to the snow is poor and like caster sugar... the worst I've been to is Castleford, Hemel was very poor too, Trafford chill Factore best of a mediocre bunch IMO. Save your money and do the real thing is my view, pack the skis away and go biking or hiking!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd go to a fridge in summer for coaching and there's some good coaching to be had. I wouldn't ever bother going to one just for recreational skiing. Biking, hiking and sailing in the summer, absolutely. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven".
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Clearly there's a market for them or they would not survive (yes, I know the financial history of MK). Personally I prefer plastic as it seems faster and more challenging. Plus snowdomes seem more inherently dangerous. I don't know what the accident stats are, but there are lots of really poor riders at a dome where as on plastic they perhaps are a bit more careful.

I did once calculate that even if you ride hard all the time, the slopes are small and the lifts are slow, so it costs more per vertical meter to ride a snow dome (or a dry slope for that matter) than to pay for a helicopter.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
philwig wrote:
I did once calculate that even if you ride hard all the time, the slopes are small and the lifts are slow, so it costs more per vertical meter to ride a snow dome (or a dry slope for that matter) than to pay for a helicopter.

You need to get out more.... a lot lot lot more Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Fridges may be heavily compromised but I always still have a laugh. Try using wildly inappropriate skis like Armada AKJJs or vintage 200cm jobs of ebay for a fiver to add a spark and really challenge your technique.
Its got to be better than my return to station at Pralognan on Easter Saturday. Beautiful powdery and empty slopes up top but knee breaking porridge on the last few hundred meters of vertical as the skis just would not carve in any meaningful way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy