Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which 3 Skis for Intermediate?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hoping to get some insight on these skis! Am currently an Intermediate skier trying to progress this upcoming winter. Used a 156cm past winter and am thinking of getting a little longer 166cm. Would like to hold on to a pair of skis that will eventually help me as I increase my skill level. Thanks in advance!!

2015 Atomic Nomad Blackeye Skis with XTO 12 Bindings $399
2015 Rossignol Experience 80 Skis with Xelium 110 Bindings $455

2015 Volkl RTM 75 Skis w/4Motion 10.0 Bindings $399
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How tall and heavy are you? Without that info, we can't really comment on the length question...

The best ski that I have skied that is great for anyone from intermediate up to really advance on-piste, but also in bumps and slush an when things get difficult... Fischer Motive 80.

Great deal too. < 400 EURO

Of the skis that you mentioned, I only skied the Atomic, but I found it a bit twitchy on hard snow and not very compliant with what I wanted them to do (and I am a pretty advanced skier). Not a great confidence builder, I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
5'8" 165lbs
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Than I'd go for a 172-ish all-mountain ski or a 165-ish piste ski.

The Motive 80 is an all-mountain ski: great on-piste, but also very good in bumps, slush and fresh snow. Take the 175 length. DOn't be intimidated by it: it is a very easy ski with lots of rocker (i.e. much shorter contact length).

Here's a deal you might find interesting (binding included, great service: 3 days and it was at my home in The Netherlands): http://www.xspo.de/artikel/fischer-motive-80-pr-2014/15.html?ean=9002971721367&utm_source=Idealo&utm_medium=Produktanzeige&utm_campaign=Portale
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy