Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody got a idea when March 2016 flights are released
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we asked EJ they said by the middle of July.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@cad99uk, thanks for that
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Monarch have just released there flight for winter 2016

I'm getting some absolutely horrendous prices for a flight at the end of February ,Manchester to Innsbruck.. ....Over £400 return !,

WTF is going on with the flights to Innsbruck. Evil or Very Mad

Over £700 return at Easter 3-10th April
as well !!!!

Is it just them trying to cash in ??

Last 3 years I have paid less then 100 euros for the Thursday flight Innsbruck to manchester.
Is it just me??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hedley, thanks, I've been waiting for Monarch as last week I was told they would be available to book on 1st May and then they weren't!

Me too-for a March return flight Manchester to Innsbruck £641 without ski carriage or luggage. Gatwick was £330 again without luggage.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@VolklAttivaS5, ridiculous prices.

What is going on? My February dates are not school hols either.

Last year it was under 100 euros for a return (one way)flight at the same weekend!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hedley, strange. Me too-no holiday dates here I thought it was off peak time.
I think maybe it's to capitalise on the keen early bookers? Or maybe they will get even more expensive as time goes on!?
Think I'm going to have to wait for Easyjet Liverpool prices to come out. Or fly to Munich and get a longer transfer. There might not be much in it once the cost of the transfer goes up.
Hmmm time will tell.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just checked directly on the Monarch website and it is my outward that's £280 on its own, the inward is only £50. Maybe it's because my outward was on a Thursday.....
Hmmm think I will change my dates around a bit to suit!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would never even consider Cowboy Airlines (aka Monarch) after last winter's carry on. They cancelled one leg of our Manchester - Friedrichshafen flights about six weeks before departure - after we had booked seven months previously.

Ended up flying from Stansted to Memmingen - so out of pocket on airport hotel and parking and a lot more inconvenient.

Not an isolated cancellation apparently Confused
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The prices for half term flights for February 2016 have been horrendously high since March. I was hoping to do a self booking ski holiday next Feb but the price of 4 x flights with prices at the minute make a package holiday seem very reasonable and probably a cheaper option.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wizz Air prices are out
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
London - Innsbruck with Monarch are 211EUR for 3rd - 10th April Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have changed dates now to going out on a Sunday from Gatwick on 13th March and coming back on a Thursday-24th March. My previous dates were flying out on a Thursday 17th March and flying back on a Sunday 27th March (which I have since noticed is Easter Sunday but even so the Thursday 17th was expensive as well-nearly £300 just for the outward leg from Gatwick)

Was on previous dates

£745 Manchester to Innsbruck return
£434 Gatwick to Innsbruck return

Now

Manchester flight was same price even though changed dates Shocked

£198 Gatwick to Innsbruck return

All prices compared include my bags and ski carriage. Guess I will be going from Gatwick then 13th to 24th which suits me as it's not only cheaper, it is not as busy and actually I can make it 11 nights instead of 10. Oh well.... Toofy Grin Makes no odds to me when I go so may as well do it this way round!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
[b]Think I'm going to have to wait for Easyjet Liverpool prices to come out.

easyJet have already released their Winter 2016 flights but it looks like Liverpool - Innsbruck has been discontinued.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gaza, they have, but only up until 28th Feb so can't get any March flights yet with them even from Gatwick. I contacted Easyjet the other week to ask when can I expect March flights to be available so I could see what they had going for this trip and they said anytime in the next few months.
Shame they've got rid of the Liverpool route.
Luckily where I live I can do Manchester Liverpool or Gatwick and it's all about the same.
snow report
A lot of a airlines inflate the prices for the first few weeks they are on sale.
latest report
@ringingmaster, they do. I'm quite happy with mine now at less than £200 return including skis and 23kg luggage I think that's the cheapest Innsbruck flight I've ever had with everything included I mean. It may be because in the past I've booked an Innsbruck flight later than now.
£400-£700 return just to Austria is crazy though I wouldn't bother at that price.
snow report
This is interesting! @lampbus and I have just booked flights Gatwick - Innsbruck with Monarch (oneway) on the 10am flight on Saturday 19 December. This is def. the cheapest flight to Innsbruck we have ever been able to find - £225 for two including 23kg (x2) of luggage and ski carriage (x1 - we might add a second one depending on what we decide to take).

Easyjet and Thomas Cook were already close to double that for the same date!
snow conditions
ringingmaster wrote:
A lot of a airlines inflate the prices for the first few weeks they are on sale.

I hope that is the case. I'm going to hang on a bit and risk it as I'm not paying 400-700 for Manchester to Innsbruck.

You would be seriously miffed if you paid 0ver the odds fir the price to drop a few hundred a. Few weeks later.

How to #wee wee off your customer base.
snow report
Quote:

if you book with easyJet and the flight prices later go down you can, I think, get the difference as a credit towards a future flight. You probably only have to hang on to their premium rate customer service line for a few days to achieve that..... wink
snow report
@hedley, have you checked the Gatwick price for the same dates? As it will probably be cheaper to go from there instead even if you have to stay in a hotel the night before? You would probably still save a few hundred pounds.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy