Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Infant Strollers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another vote for the Maclaren buggy - we picked one up second hand off eBay for about £40 and it has been indestructible. We took it with us this year on our trip to the Dolomites - it's light enough to throw around/drag through snow and small enough to squeeze into hire cars. The couple of days there was snow in the village we used a sledge. Would second what Pam w said about crawling being the most tricky stage. Our little boy was 14months and not walking - so wanted to play in the snow but got very frustrated about not being able to move around with the other kids. Time spent outside in the snow was pretty limited (for him anyway!).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, Absolutely
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're another who just picked up a second hand buggy. It was a maclaren but I got it as it was free rather than because of any features so I didn't mind if it got damaged in transit. It was useful to have as if we handed over child up the mountain to grandparents they could still let them sleep in the buggy before walking back to the hotel. Always found roads and pavements were cleared quickly so we were always been able to use it and the lifties were always helpful wheeling it in and out of the gondalas
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As you've booked already - are you diy or with a tour operator? We've taken both ours to the mountains since the elder was 12 months, there's an 19 month age gap and the following season his younger brother was 6 months old (yes, I was skiing while pregnant with him!) and as we were with Esprit when they were small, we just used their buggies in resort and a sling for round the airport - I used a sling almost all the time at home so was used to it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another +1 for Mountain Buggies, we have the swift model and it’s been fab. We’ve been taking our little ones to the mountains from 8 weeks old and found a sling (we have an ergo baby) the most practical for the airport and the mountains, you can happily carry them around on your back until around 24 months.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mountain Buggies are fantastic. I only have the flight version (the Nano) but friends have the more off road ones and they seem excellent. As for in snow, I'm not sure anything works unless it's on rails, and I wouldn't want to carry the kiddo.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Old post but we’ll be taking the baby jogger city mini GT on this trip.

I have a babyzen yo-yo which was absolutely fantastic for our trip to NZ last year (folds up and is small enough for cabin baggage) and we saw loads of people with these in Hong Kong and Singapore. You just don’t really see them here in the UK. Or at least not where I live. They are absolutely not practical for snow though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy