Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI sued for £500 000

Poster: A snowHead
Back to subject, Simon Butler is back in the UK, he was spotted in a pub last night (strange as he is teetotal?), news update will be coming soon.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do not doubt @rob@rar's word. He has spoken about the selection process in the past, and I do believe that he acted with integrity in this matter.

It is however possible to have a shoe-in whilst everyone on the selection committee is unaware of back-stage wranglings.

Mostly my feelings on this matter are based around my believing that the current CEO is not the right person for the job. It was concluded that he was the best of the candidates, but this does not mean the best person for the job, or even the right person for the job.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

spotted in a pub last night (strange as he is teetotal?)

Puzzled My 5 year old grand-daughter has been spotted in pubs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suspect a covert meeting with Nige wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
billy not a boy wrote:
It is however possible to have a shoe-in whilst everyone on the selection committee is unaware of back-stage wranglings.

Mostly my feelings on this matter are based around my believing that the current CEO is not the right person for the job. It was concluded that he was the best of the candidates, but this does not mean the best person for the job, or even the right person for the job.
Perfectly reasonable to conclude that the best candidate was appointed, but that he is not the right person for the job. I don't have an argument with that. I might not agree with it (for me it's too early to say), but it's not an unreasonable position to take.

But not reasonable, IMHO, to hint at back-stage wranglings without substantiating what might be nothing more than rumour and conspiracy theory.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
But not reasonable, IMHO, to hint at back-stage wranglings without substantiating what might be nothing more than rumour and conspiracy theory.

I'm not hinting at anything rob@rar, I am just expressing an opinion.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@billy not a boy, OK, thanks for clarifying.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
musher wrote:
So now we have some shoes to go with our socks. What's next?
... ^^ what they are saying has legs
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I posted this on 'BASI (No Moderation) Community' earlier today [ https://www.facebook.com/groups/basicommunity/ ]

and it might make interesting viewing for all. It's a discussion about strategy and communication strategy [particularly after 06:50] between new BASI's new CEO Andrew Lockerbie and Tania Alliod (BASI Membership & Marketing Manager), recorded last December ....

BASI Strategy and Vision with Andrew Lockerbie from Official BASI
https://vimeo.com/114765914
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Malaise Meleze wrote:
musher wrote:
So now we have some shoes to go with our socks. What's next?
... ^^ what they are saying has legs

The butt stops here, if you can stomach it. (That statement is head and shoulders above all the rest, some might even say it's a little bit hair raising!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@billy not a boy, glad you got it off your chest, now keep your eye on it, having fingered someone, they might get the elbow, could be handy. Enough.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
billy not a boy wrote:
The butt stops here,

Well, on that video, he's really promoting his webin arse.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@maggi, Laughing He certainly doesn't say anything substantive.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="Malaise Meleze"]
Quote:

. Bullying and socks seem to be the norm, to read the above.

No they are not the norm on this forum. David Goldsmith might do it (bully and use anonymous socks) as have a few others but most people have one account.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I once invented a sock for the express purpose of disclosing my age in a post (can't remember why). But now that so many sHs have met me, there's little point in hiding my extreme decrepitude. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Hurtle, Laughing Did you out yourself?
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
I once invented a sock for the express purpose of disclosing my age in a post (can't remember why). But now that so many sHs have met me, there's little point in hiding my extreme decrepitude. rolling eyes

More of a bluestocking than a sock?
snow report
Quote:

[quote="Malaise Meleze"]
Quote:

No they are not the norm on this forum.
Ok - that is very good to hear. If it is not the norm around here, then is it something to do with the subject of the thread do you think?
latest report
I've heard some very sad news today, that one of the instructors involved with the Simon Butler situation has officially resigned his post as a ski instructor (Basically never teaching again) Alex is a good friend of mine, we've done a few BASI courses together over the years and Training during the summer in Tignes, for the ski industry to lose such a talent as this is tragic news. BASI should hold it's head in absolute shame.
I know he was very popular with clients in Megève and i'm sure he will be a huge loss to clients and company.
If you do happen to read this i'm sure i speak for a few of us on here that you will be missed by all, you were 100% one of the characters of the ski industry. Good luck mate in what ever you decide to do.
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
Malaise Meleze wrote:
Quote:

No they are not the norm on this forum. David Goldsmith might do it (bully* and use anonymous socks) as have a few others* but most people* have one account.

* a few others

Including, as previously pointed out, Mr Admin McMuffin, proprietor of this kiosk.

* most people

How many, in your estimation?

As previously argued, if the administrator of this forum kicked off the enterprise in 2004 with two usernames (for starters) ... then is it appropriate to complain to yours truly about the practice? I would address your complaint to customerservices@snowheads.com

* bully

I'm certainly familiar with these people, as they troubled my life in childhood. You're free to make the accusation, but I'd argue that it's not bullying - it's 'assertion of truth and moral principle'. We can get back to the 'elephant in the room' on that particular front in due course.

In conclusion, I really believe that 'anonymous falsehoods' are a much bigger problem on this forum than somebody larking about with a few joke names.
snow conditions
Quote:

I really believe that 'anonymous falsehoods' are a much bigger problem on this forum than somebody larking about with a few joke names.
+1 except I don't think that it is a huge problem
snow report
@Karl Marx, this thread is about BASI being sued. Since you keep bringing this up in this and various other threads perhaps you'd like to start a new thread about Socks, internet anonymity, bullying etc and leave the original thread(s) on topic?
ski holidays
Quote:

More of a bluestocking than a sock?

@T Bar, Laughing Laughing Laughing This thread needs all the humour it can get.....
snow report
... even if it is at my expense...
ski holidays
@Teacher, pinch of salt.
ski holidays
Quote:

Put it to admin ...

The first two registered users of this forum were "admin" (snowHeads member No. 1, registered 5 February 2004) ...

... and "u brain" (snowHeads member No. 2, registered 5 February 2004). Two names, same brain!

'Serial sock puppetry' has always been all the rage on this forum ... from day one.

admin - who's got more socks - you or me? !

You are quite the idiot DG
You do know when setting up something like a message board it's pretty handy to have a non admin user to log in as to check the changes you make work ok so that plebs like yourself can come along and waste everyones time, you find suspicion in everything apart from your own stupidity.

Quote:

There was someone on here called TTT. Personally - I did not like what she said, or how she/he said things, at all. But I still agreed with those who noticed how he/she was bullied away.

WHAT

you are kidding right? or on the sauce

No one bullied TTT away, someone revealed which country they live in, you call that bullying? no they stopped posting because they realised the rubbish they talked was not 100% anonymous like they wanted it to be, and someone somewhere might just mention it to them in real life making an awkward conversation, please tell me what the bullying was in your eyes.
latest report
@geeo, don't feed pigeons or talk to crazy people. They keep coming back if you do.
ski holidays
Quote:

WHAT

you are kidding right? or on the sauce

Neither. And you are quoting me out of context. Surely no-one wants to go over it all again? I don't. The full post explains what I mean, and for the rest, it is all on page 10 or something.
What I am interested in, is the being sued part, and this thread became interesting (to me) again yesterday. There was even some new discussion,and some new background.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Teacher - I am sorry to hear that Alex is giving up teaching skiing, we had the pleasure of skiing with him in Megeve a few years back and he was both a talented teacher and a big hearted chap with great sense of humour. Please pass this on to him.
ski holidays
Quote:

Neither. And you are quoting me out of context.

How so, I didn't bother with the rest of the post as you appear to think (and what I thought the point of your post was) that TTT was bullied, I disagree with that, not sure what's out of context there Puzzled
ski holidays
Teacher wrote:
I've heard some very sad news today, that one of the instructors involved with the Simon Butler situation has officially resigned his post as a ski instructor (Basically never teaching again) Alex is a good friend of mine, we've done a few BASI courses together over the years and Training during the summer in Tignes, for the ski industry to lose such a talent as this is tragic news. BASI should hold it's head in absolute shame.
I know he was very popular with clients in Megève and i'm sure he will be a huge loss to clients and company.
If you do happen to read this i'm sure i speak for a few of us on here that you will be missed by all, you were 100% one of the characters of the ski industry. Good luck mate in what ever you decide to do.

As @Dunc says, pinch of salt.

He absolutely loves it, he's not quitting again. Mark my words, skiing is in his blood, he'll be there next season.
snow report
@billy not a boy, @Dunk, Hi everyone i am Alex Casey and as some have come to call some of us, one of the "Megeve 6" (which i find hilarious).
I am sorry to inform that the rumours are true, i have resigned my post with Simon Butler Skiing.
The reasons are very complicated, but i will say this, i saw a thread on the basi Facebook page yesterday on how much a level 3 could expect to earn in the market place, for which i did comment, £0 after expenses, now this does seem to be the normal, after spending £000's of pounds getting in my mind a very difficult qualification you still can't make a living, anyone that worked for Simon Butler Skiing earned a decent living out of it, everything is paid for, except the compulsory coffee before teaching. All food, accommodation, lift pass, uniform. Simon is a decent guy and looks after his staff so well, above and beyond what i felt he ever had to, and thats the side of the guy that no one on here or FaceBook ever see's, if you ever get the chance to work for Simon Butler Skiing i couldn't recommend it enough.
So why wouldn't all of you level 2's & 3's want Simon to win his case and have more companies like his! the business model works and works very well, why spend all that money and not earn a living wage? everybody should be backing Simon so people can earn a wage.
As for me i spent 14 years working for Simon Butler Skiing and loved every second of it, and earned a very decent living out of it too.
Please feel free to ask me any questions about the current situation i'm happy to have decent chat about anything, but you do have to appreciate that there are some things i can't talk about due to on going legal concerns.
snow report
@BlubaBluba, welcome to snowHeads Very Happy
It's sad you had to give up doing something you loved and which was profitable. I hope things work out for you.
ski holidays
@BlubaBluba, Chapeau. At last some informed rhetoric on this thread.
ski holidays
geeo wrote:
Quote:

Neither. And you are quoting me out of context.

How so, I didn't bother with the rest of the post as you appear to think (and what I thought the point of your post was) that TTT was bullied, I disagree with that, not sure what's out of context there Puzzled

OK understood. Don’t be confused. Rather than a repeat – have a read of all original post – it is on about page 19 I think.
FYI from your previous comments – you and I are pretty much in agreement on most things TTT related.
If you in any doubt what I was getting at after a fuller read, or to save you the bother at all, @stewart woodward gets the gist of it when he says

Quote:

Malaise Meleze wrote:

Or maybe you actively want them all to go away? A sort of passive censorship?

Passive censorship, just like BASI staff members being appointed 'admins' on BASI Face Book page.

My full post touched on the environment in which posts can be made at all. It is just an observation, a little side-comment. It is really not the main issue.
The real subject of this thread itself is much more interesting. There were some comments from various people such as @billy not a boy, @rob@rar, and @philwig recently, just for example (and there have been others too, they are just the most recent) that have provided me background to this. More interesting than an endless rehash of what you think I think you think I think Wink no?
latest report
@BlubaBluba, just seen your post Alex - sorry - If I had read it before I would have added your name to the
commenters ^^ that are helping me understand. Good luck in what you decide to do next.
latest report
@BlubaBluba, the mountains will be dulled by your absence.

And there you go folks ... 14 years working for SB; loving every second of it, earning enough money to warrant returning year on year, respected amongst his peers, sought after by customers and all as a BASI Level 2.

I've read on many threads on Facebook that allowing lower levels to work in France will cause wages to go down, and instructors will not be able to afford to live. Here is an excellent example of the complete tosh which those posts spout.

I've read many threads accusing SB of being a ruthless business man, who employs lower level instructors because he wants to exploit the lower wages inherent in hiring such individuals ... here is one of those lower level instructors (remember that having a lower level qualification only demonstrates what "exams" you have done, and not what you are actually capable of doing!). He returned for 13 years straight!

These are the perceptions of those people who cannot see the wood for the trees, at least on FacePlant.
snow report
billy not a boy wrote:
I do not doubt @rob@rar's word. He has spoken about the selection process in the past, and I do believe that he acted with integrity in this matter.

It isn't a "shoe-in". Or "Shoe Inn" The expression is "Shoo - in".

Meaning a race so rigged that a weak, frightened horse can run in the winner with no competition.

However. That is a false description of the appointment of BASI's new CEO, who was an extremely strong candidate and with his experience of having done the job before, will be a safe pair of hands after all the years of previous incumbents seeming to drop the ball.
As it isn't the members' business to appoint the CEO, I don't think it does any good to question the appointment in public or share "feelings" and "beliefs" or attack the CEO on a personal level.
Let's see what happens and if necessary, comment on performance and achievements later.
I'm a member of BASI, and don't think public criticism of the association by others helps me, or my business.
I wish people with a BASI bone to pick would just contact BASI HQ via their proper channels.
D.C.
latest report
Deleted

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 24-05-15 15:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Teacher ^^ I completely dissociate myself from your comment.
(Which you have now sensibly deleted)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 24-05-15 16:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy