Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI sued for £500 000

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle wrote:
@billy not a boy, the difference is that you are not, on the one hand, decrying xenophobia and, on the other, constantly making disparaging remarks about British skiers. That totally begged the question of where he lived, or at least skied. I did ask this question, if not expressly, then implicitly, in connection with his 'I cannot speak for France' comment.

Similarly, you are not for ever making reference to your occupation in support of your arguments: if someone does this, he or she must expect to be questioned on the matter.

I can't argue with that ... questioning, however, is not the same as abusing a position of authority Smile

We differ in our views on what is acceptable behaviour ... let's leave it at that. I don't think TTT is coming back Sad

I enjoyed the baiting.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
billy not a boy wrote:
David Goldsmith wrote:
... probably because he was as fed up with TTT as anyone else.

And for that David you think that it is perfectly okay to abuse a position of authority? Where is the line drawn for you? Is there even a line?

No I didn't say it was "perfectly okay". That's your phrase, Mister* Billy-Anonymity.

Not 'Master*', clearly
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith wrote:
clearly
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@billy not a boy DG Orf probably - strictly - shouldn't have disclosed any information at all, but the information was so sparse as scarcely to have been worth the hot air (including mine wink ) it provoked.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
billy not a boy wrote:
I don't think TTT is coming back Sad

I enjoyed the baiting.

I didn't and if we want to talk bullying, TTT's sheer repetitiveness, shameless willingness to distort what others said and endless determination to have the last word was also a form of bullying.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, yes, the last word is the same as the first word(s) ...

BASI sued for £500 000

... and WTF is BASI going to do about it?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
billy not a boy wrote:
I don't think TTT is coming back Sad
I was hanging onto this thread waiting for a flounceo event, looks like I have wasted my time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@David Goldsmith, yes indeed that is the question. Thank you for bringing us back. Basi will defend their position or settle out of court....
Plenty members are not happy about it, sense that something is not right.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BergenBergen, it's ok, I'm sure you will get your flounceo.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 27-05-15 12:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think BASI's hierarchy regard Simon Butler in much the same way as the England cricket grandees view Kevin Pietersen. However, KP has no legal right to selection. I think SB does have a legal right not be expelled from the organisation with his licence revoked by a secret process (the court agrees with me, at least so far); nor to have paperwork withdrawn, which facilitates his right to work in France, via equally secret proceedings (and alone among people who've passed the same exams in the same period).

Now things are starting to go well for SB in the French courts, BASI is looking down multiple barrels. Surely they should settle the actions, grant SB his MoU (again) and bung him a few quid for his troubles (which are undoubted). Then sit on the sidelines while the French (and possibly European) courts reach their decisions. I think he's already publicly offered to resign from BASI should those decisions go against him after all avenues of appeal are exhausted.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@laundryman, BASI still think they are correct, this I believe will go much further yet.

@billy not a boy, you seem to have upset some bullies. TTT is not here to fight her own battles, so this may end much swifter than if she was here!
Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Yes, and personally I don't know why you felt the need to repeat it. It's up to the individual concerned to decide whether or not to reveal that information online or not. It's not at all classy to "out" them

Please untwist your pants, there was no 'outing', I repeated it because deleting it is pointless as once it's out there it really is out there, the posts are still visible to anyone who knows how to use a search engine and will be for forever and a day. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dunk, I fear you're right, lawyers all round will make a fortune.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geeo wrote:
Quote:

Yes, and personally I don't know why you felt the need to repeat it. It's up to the individual concerned to decide whether or not to reveal that information online or not. It's not at all classy to "out" them

Please untwist your pants, there was no 'outing', I repeated it because deleting it is pointless as once it's out there it really is out there, the posts are still visible to anyone who knows how to use a search engine and will be for forever and a day. rolling eyes

Indeed - should it occur to anyone to make that search. But to repeat the info on the live thread after the mods had deleted it after TTT had explicitly requested it to be removed smacks of - at best - rudeness. Please take more care in future; one day it might be you who gets outed unwillingly on the web somewhere, but the best way to avoid it is if every one of us takes a bit of care in deciding what to post online. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Pyremaniac, +1
snow report
Quote:

Indeed - should it occur to anyone to make that search. But to repeat the info on the live thread after the mods had deleted it after TTT had explicitly requested it to be removed smacks of - at best - rudeness. Please take more care in future;

Off to the naughty step for me Sad
Quote:

@Pyremaniac, +1

NehNeh
snow conditions
@geeo, I'm struggling to understand the offence when then the "offended" party confirms the offence themselves Puzzled
snow report
Yes, it was a bit bizarre that (s)he confirmed it and then asked for it to be removed, but given that they did ask...
ski holidays
Quote:

@geeo, I'm struggling to understand the offence when then the "offended" party confirms the offence themselves

I never let common sense get in the way of a snowheads request wink

Anyway I think it says a lot that TTT has skulked off after such paltry info was given out, so we know where they live (most of the time), are they so embarrassed by their previous arguments that knowing that is such a big deal... I guess so Shocked
snow conditions
@geeo, indeed, that was the guess I hazarded on Tuesday as the reason for TTT's obfuscations.
latest report
@geeo, No you don't know where they live other than what country and it's a pretty big country.

I noted that TTT deliberately avoided answering certain questions regarding such things as why Snowboarders were expected to take the ET on GS skis, I likened it to asking a regular car driving instructor to do a lap of a race track on a superbike and be in touching distance of the pro racers.
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
@geeo, No you don't know where they live other than what country and it's a pretty big country.

Yeah, but surely there are only one or two people in that country who know so much about BASI, and skiing in France (even if it's not their scene) NehNeh
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
I noted that TTT deliberately avoided answering certain questions ...

I'm not entirely sure she did answer ANY; it looks to me that she just kept on repeating the same thing over and again ... but I may be blinkered (I'm sensing a theme)
ski holidays
I HEAR BASI HAVE PURCHASED "SNOWHEADS" BE CAREFUL EVERYONE.
snow report
@Teacher, Laughing
snow report
Teacher wrote:
I HEAR BASI HAVE PURCHASED "SNOWHEADS" BE CAREFUL EVERYONE.

Is this to protect TTT's identity Puzzled
snow conditions
@stewart woodward, it would be a good move by BASI.
Totally consistent with the other 140 plus domain names they have purchased to protect themselves considering they are the sole provider in a national market and are not for profit.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Oh, I suspect that someone's been making some money off it somewhere wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stewart woodward, Probably on advice from their legal expert
ski holidays
^^^^^ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
BergenBergen wrote:
@stewart woodward, Probably on advice from their legal expert

Oh touché mon amie!
ski holidays
Quote:

touché mon amie!

I've only met him fully clothed but I believe @stewart woodward to be a bloke.
snow conditions
Quote:

@geeo, No you don't know where they live other than what country and it's a pretty big country

Yes well the fact is they live in that big country that wont be named, i'd guess they probably live in the south of that big country, you know the place where they have a good football team, are near Austria, have LOADS of corporate businesses, lots of expats, beer festivals, ToyTown forum, so much that I would bet hard cash on it wink
latest report
I would take that bet quite happily as I'm fairly confident you would loose and beyond that I'm not going to say where they are Little Angel
ski holidays
So did this conversation really die with the departure of TTT?
If so, I conclude that......the lady protesteth (-ed) too much. (At the same time s/he kept the subject at the top of the Snowheads page for weeks).
Maybe something to learn there, perhaps???(I mean about social media in general and trying to control forums)
ski holidays
@Malaise Meleze, Possibly a tactical withdrawal as opposed to a full Flounceo. TTT felt that she was about to get outed (real name, occupation, city of residence, whatever), the mods stepped in on that one and she decided not to risk it any further. Probably still lurking and may even be back under a new username at some point wink
snow report
Malaise Meleze wrote:

Just paused pending some actual new news.

I'm not sure there is any lesson to be drawn at all, other than that kids form an excited circle around a fight. But I expect most of us learn that at an early age.

TTT comes and goes. Likely to be back IMO. Has too much fun to stay away, unfortunately.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:
Well, yes, the last word is the same as the first word(s) ...

BASI sued for £500 000

... and WTF is BASI going to do about it?

Consult their legal liability insurance company, I would imagine, and take their advice. I would also think that they would have taken that advice before action against SB.
latest report
Malaise Meleze wrote:
If so, I conclude that......the lady protesteth (-ed) too much. (At the same time s/he kept the subject at the top of the Snowheads page for weeks).
Maybe something to learn there, perhaps???(I mean about social media in general and trying to control forums)

are you another David Goldsmith sock by any chance?
snow report
I can answer that, and the answer is "non". [I have a policy of identifying my socks, by means of those little sewn-in labels]
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy