Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI sued for £500 000

Poster: A snowHead
Smee heeee, smeeeee heeeeeee
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

All gone quiet, have I missed something?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was wondering the same, does anyone know when the hearing in "May" is to take place?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My guess is that BASI will want to settle out of court but to do so they will need to have the agreement of their insurers for both the amount and the settlement terms. Assuming that they really are covered by insurance of course. Wouldn't be surprised if will be done before May hearing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I suspect basi had to wait until after the election.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob wrote:

I don't know the scheduled date of the new hearing, but i suspect that the above is quite probably useful to basi as the new 'management' can claim rightly or wrongly to have reviewed previous decisions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1 wrote:
jbob wrote:

I don't know the scheduled date of the new hearing, but i suspect that the above is quite probably useful to basi as the new 'management' can claim rightly or wrongly to have reviewed previous decisions.

Hopefully they will use new management reason to relook at the previous boards actions, they also have to weigh up the impact the votes SB received in the election as it will negate any argument of lone wolf etc as the number SB received shows there is a reasonable number willing to support him.

Lets hope they now sit down with SB and work towards an amicable arrangement without the need for further court sessions.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
speed098 - wise words and lets hope so.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@speed098, +1
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
speed098 wrote:

Lets hope they now sit down with SB and work towards an amicable arrangement without the need for further court sessions.

I believe a meeting was arranged in 2013(?) at Geneva. BASIL pulled out as the Legal Director said they would easily win so no need to speak to SB rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not directly related to the SB/BASI case but related to the background to it, the British Ski Academy is leaving Les Houches after 20-odd years and decamping to Italy because of charges brought against its director for using so-called "unqualified" coaches (who were coaches of their countries' national ski teams):

https://www.facebook.com/thebritishskiacademy/posts/1099806486743697

and the Tea Club loses its appeal:

http://www.planetski.eu/news/7955

Someone with a suspicious bent of mind might almost think the French are trying to get rid of the non-French.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I do hope Mr Piddleston paid his symbolic damages to the ESF in some small shrapnel he conspicuously removed from his anus before handing them over.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From the BSA's statement:

Quote:
When we gathered with other clubs and academies for the British Alpine ski championships in Tignes, a team of PGHM gendarmes arrived from Chamonix and spent three days interrogating coaches and parents.

Chilling. They should move that championships to somewhere more welcoming.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think they will!! Very Happy Pila is already a base for a British Race School (impulse) and the joint pull between the two will be very welcome there. However on a different point some parents of BSA children may well be struggling due to the problem the Skiers Trust is having with HMRC!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
iskar wrote:
I think they will!! Very Happy Pila is already a base for a British Race School (impulse) and the joint pull between the two will be very welcome there. However on a different point some parents of BSA children may well be struggling due to the problem the Skiers Trust is having with HMRC!!

Don't you mean The Skiers Tax Avoidance Trust? I think they charge a 7% fee on donations to cover admin and 'to assist the Skiers Trust in making further grants to less fortunate children.' I wonder what they mean by 'less fortunate'? Mummy only has a new Marc every 3 years?
ski holidays
upto a few years ago they did actually support skiing in general, somewhere along the line its become a bit more aimed at single skiers. As a club we had a grant from them about 5 years ago that helped us greatly when times were a bit ruff!! I think their tie in with the BSA especially has led to HMRC getting a bit miffed with what could be interpreted as tax avoidance, though I certainly couldn't comment.
ski holidays
Simon Butler is back in the Scottish court next week I believe... Should be interesting for BASI Wink
snow report
Kicked down the road a fair way but as yet nobody has blinked.

http://www.basi.org.uk/article/members-update-mr-butler-v-basi.aspx
snow conditions
@ansta1, the link has disappeared following the update to the BASI website. When has this been deferred to?
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/gfiKRfgSOVo

Not funny at all Laughing
ski holidays
@AndAnotherThing.., no, not at all in slightest bit funny in anyway whatsoever.

As for the previous link @Gaza I don't have a clue or any updates as I have nowt to do with Basi or sbs in anyway.
snow report
I think early oct is final court date
snow report
Does anyone have any idea on the timetable or any progress on negotiations?
latest report
There is a preliminary hearing at the Court of Session in Edinburgh tomorrow, 11October. I believe Simon will be up in Edinburgh for that.

The full hearing will resume next week on 18 & 19 October 2016.
snow report
Thank you Spurtle, I have skied with Simon in the distant past and I think everything that has happened to him in the last couple of years is appalling and I am hopeful the Court will agree with that view and he will get a fair outcome although of course as an outsider there is often much which one is unaware of! We will see.
snow report
I'd better look out that bag of popcorn, the court proceedings should be interesting! Toofy Grin
snow report
@Spurtle, nothing listed on the court rolls for tomorrow.
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=00db1fa7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7
snow report
Is this the longest thread on Snowheads ?

54 pages and more to come
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is this the longest thread on Snowheads ?

54 pages and more to come
latest report
@TQA, nope, not even close! There are some near the top of Apres with over 100 - and I think I've seen over 200 somewhere...
latest report
It's the double posts.
snow report
Jungfrau ski region has far more posts if you add parts 1 and 2 together 188 pages in part 1 and 56 pages in part 2
ski holidays
David Goldsmith had his own 100 page thread.
snow report
At yesterday's hearing at The Court of Session, next weeks full hearing was postponed until 29 November 2016.
ski holidays
Spurtle wrote:
At yesterday's hearing at The Court of Session, next weeks full hearing was postponed until 29 November 2016.

Interesting to hear that the wheels of Scottish Justice move just as quickly as those of the English judicial system! Toofy Grin
latest report
The wheels of justice grind slowly but they grind exceeding fine
snow report
Meanwhile a guy loses another season of income waiting for "justice"
snow conditions
Scottish court date is now 4 November I hear
snow conditions
Don't want to things but am settling in with my and
latest report
I think a later date in the most recent email -

Quote:
Following a further procedural hearing in October, BASI can confirm a date has been set for a final hearing on 29 November 2016. BASI understands that the case will be concluded on this day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy