Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI sued for £500 000

Poster: A snowHead
@laundryman, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there anywhere one can read an accurate report of day-to-day proceedings? Planet Ski is a bit broad-brush...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hurtle, I'd be there if I weren't skiing. I do e-know someone there (as well as the principal who can't talk); but I've no additional info beyond the Times and Planet ski articles.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@laundryman,
Quote:

I'd be there if I weren't skiing
you've got your priorities right!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timeline as stated in Court;

BASI informs French that SB's MOU has been withdrawn, January.
SB gets arrested, February
BASI informs SB his MOU has been withdrawn, 4 days after his arrest!!!!!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:

If true that is appalling duplicitous behaviour on the part of BASI.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do we have any film producers amongst Snowheads? This would make an epic sequel to Erin Brockovich. I have a Go-pro type thingy if that helps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cameronphillips2000,
As it would be a farce, can I suggest Steve Coogan to play SB Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
being totally impartial , and admittedly only gleaning info from here and current reports on proceedings from planet ski etc ....
It reads, cutting to the chase ... his arguement is that despite not having an MOU, he should have and so assumed he had and is putting reason behind his not having, as vindictive ....
Arguing principle can be a very disappointing and expensive process ....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:

If true that is appalling duplicitous behaviour on the part of BASI.

One hopes that TTT is somewhere on the witness stand to explain this as a purely administrative oversight and vouch for the fine character of the thoroughly good chaps at BASI HQ. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
musher wrote:
@cameronphillips2000,
As it would be a farce, can I suggest Steve Coogan to play SB Toofy Grin

Then Lee Evans would need to be BASI chair NehNeh
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still not settled!!

Tuesday 8 March 2016 in the Court of Session, Edinburgh.

Following two days of evidence, the judge ordered that the hearing be adjourned to allow parties to clarify their respective pleadings. A procedural hearing will take place in May 2016 when parties will consider further procedure.

As the court action is ongoing, no further information can be provided at this stage.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jarndyce v Jarndyce! The whole lot of them will be too old to ski, never mind teach, by the time this is finally finished rolling eyes .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear. Is it usual for a judge to ask for pleadings to be clarified i.e. to sort out what you want? I work in IP and I can't imagine a judge would be very happy if your pleadings weren't clear
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
maggi wrote:
Jarndyce v Jarndyce! The whole lot of them will be too old to ski, never mind teach, by the time this is finally finished rolling eyes .

+1

Justice delayed is justice denied. If one or both side hasn't got its arguments straight after a year, tough luck!
latest report
Is "clarify your pleadings" judge code for one or both of your arguments are a shambles I suggest you settle out of court?
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, I wondered that too.
latest report
especially if you get voted in as chairman
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Is "clarify your pleadings" judge code for one or both of your arguments are a shambles I suggest you settle out of court?

That's the way i read it.
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

I would guess it is both sides as if the judge felt one had a strong argument and the others was weak then it may be deemed unfair if he stopped the case to allow the weak case to be strengthened. I also agree it is probably an attempt to get both sides to settle.

This is what BASI have said tonight in a members update:-

Quote:
10 March 2016 BASI Update for Members

IN THE COURT OF SESSION

SIMON BUTLER

Against

THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF SNOWSPORT INSTRUCTORS LIMITED

The judicial hearing for Petition 2 (see point 2 below) began on Tuesday 8 March 2016 in the Court of Session, Edinburgh.

Following two days of evidence, the judge ordered that the hearing be adjourned to allow parties to clarify their respective pleadings. A procedural hearing will take place in May 2016 when parties will consider further procedure.

As the court action is ongoing, no further information can be provided at this stage.

Ends

Members Update Issued on:

18 November 2015

BASI Statement

IN THE COURT OF SESSION

SIMON BUTLER

Against

THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF SNOWSPORT INSTRUCTORS LIMITED

On the 18th November 2015 at the Court of Session in Edinburgh there was a first hearing in respect of Simon Butler’s judicial review petition. This first hearing was a legal argument hearing, the judge listens to the legal arguments brought by each parties legal representation, no witnesses or evidence are presented.

In this petition Simon asked the court to:

(1) revoke the decision of 1 November 2014 to terminate his membership of BASI; and
(2) revoke a “decision” of 26 February 2014 to “withdraw” his MoU; and
(3) damages in the sum of £507,500.

BASI have previously conceded (in the court pleadings and by correspondence) that the decision of 1 November 2014 did not follow due process and have revoked this decision. This was recorded by the court on 18 November 2015. Simon Butler is currently a BASI member.

In terms of the other issues BASI maintain their defence. Their position has been that these issues cannot be determined by a court on legal argument only and without hearing evidence. Accordingly (given that no evidence can be presented at a first hearing in a judicial review) their position has been that a second hearing is required. This has now been granted.
At the first hearing on 18 November it was agreed between parties that a second hearing should be fixed to determine point 2 above. This hearing will take place on 8 to 11 March 2016.

No hearing has been fixed to determine point 3 above. Whether a hearing is required on point 3 will depend on the outcome of the 8-11 March 2016 hearing.
latest report
What we need is TTT to tell us what all this really means wink
snow conditions
My guess is that the Court wants more information about how the £507,500 is calculated. Why is exactly the MOU was withdrawn.
ski holidays
SB was assuming that the case would be over before the meeting to appoint a new Chair was held. The fact that the case has been adjourned until after the election makes for an interesting situation.
snow report
@FFIRMIN, according to the basi update this hearing was to consider point 2 only. Having conceded point one already basi may already be in line to pay some damages.
It looks as though on point two SB is presenting evidence of malicious intent with the timing of the withdrawal of his mou and the dobbing in before he had been notified. He may need to prove that not only was the motivation malicious but that the action itself was incorrect or at least inconsistent.
Then it's just about the money.
It seems ludicrous that he should be standing for election in the middle of a court case.
I feel SB has already won at least the moral victory, having had point one conceded, plus the airing of the shenanigans around the withdrawal of his mou and his dobbing in. Whatever happens this looks very bad for basi in my view.
snow conditions
Quote:

Whatever happens this looks very bad for basi in my view.
+1
An organisation that qualifies could not convince a judge that their view on a qualification is correct? Is that what just happened?
Puzzled
snow report
update from Planetski..

"According to a supporter of Simon Butler, who was in court, this was as a result of evidence from the former Chief Executive of BASI, Raymond Morris."....

"The supporter of Mr Butler, who spoke to PlanetSKI on condition of anonymity, claimed Raymond Morris's evidence had undermined BASI's case."....

"On Wednesday, Raymond Morris told the court that he had made an agreement with the French authorities that Simon Butler would be granted an exemption to the Eurotest.

This is a timed slalom run introduced by the French to ensure only the best skiers can be instructors.

Mr Morris told the court that he could have the exemption as long as he committed to working legally .

Later in his evidence, Mr Morris said Mr Butler had "done enough to get the ISTD" and that he had granted it. "
ski holidays
Ooops!!!
snow report
FFIRMIN wrote:
Ooops!!!

+1 !!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1 wrote:

Mr Morris told the court that he could have the exemption as long as he committed to working legally .

Later in his evidence, Mr Morris said Mr Butler had "done enough to get the ISTD" and that he had granted it. "

Got to say that sounds like a hella simple administrative error. Where is TTT - we so badly need his/her expert analysis?
snow report
Does anyone recall the courtroom scene from 'a few good men'. When the prosecution lawyer cross examined the young marine about him witnessing the order being given, and then asked how long it took him too get back from his post...........

The truth, you can't handle the truth....

I teach 300 yards from 4000 frenchmen who are trained to ski better than me, don't think you can come down here and flash a basi badge and make me nervous.

:
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes,
Quote:

Where is TTT - we so badly need his/her expert analysis?

Would you like mine instead? It is that BASI se trouvent dans l'ordure.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes,
Quote:

Hurtle, je crois que tu as raison. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
So has the court case been adjourned mostly because BASI need to clarify their pleading ?

If so this brings up the question was this done intentionally so as to try and make SB's candidacy for chair unattainable ?

In an on going case it would be difficult to say the least for the person suing BASI to also be the chair thus defending BASI.

After the way they kicked SB out of BASI, the fact for any organisation those acting so against another member would automatically be suspended pending an investigation, with ultimately the final punishment if found guilty dismissal from said organisation. With this not happening they have to accept they will have every single action they take viewed with suspicion.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes,
Quote:

Hurtle, je crois que tu as raison. Madeye-Smiley

Le chien de mon policier est un topinambour
ski holidays
Le plume de ma tante
snow conditions
I'm out of my league here but here goes.

Ça a complètement merdé.
snow report
Le singe et dans l'arbre
snow conditions
la merde a frappé le ventilateur
latest report
Le bordel, ou quoi?
snow report
“Bonvoro alsendi la pordiston, lausajne estas rano en mia bideo!” And I think we all know what that means!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy