Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seth Pistols for BASI L1 Ski in a dome?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm booked in for an Alpine Ski L1 in a couple of weeks as a second discipline. I'm well aware that Seth Pistols (these ones http://www.ski-review.com/ski_reviews/review/k2_seth_pistol_2005/) wouldn't feature on anyone's list of reccomended skis, but are they so unsuitable that I need to source something else for the week?

I'm not really intending to go further with the skiing than the L1 - I guess a L2 might be nice in the future, but it's not a priority. The course will be in a dome.

Looking forward to your opinions!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't see why not. A friend passed the Austrian Anwärter on OG ObSETHeds.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you would get by on them ok.
however you probably learn more and find it a little easier on a narrower ski.
(plus you will probably be told to get something more piste orientated for L2).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Better to use the dome's rental skis I'd say.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Better to use the dome's rental skis I'd say.

+1 if it's at Hemel, and you tell the ski tech issuing kit that you're doing your L1 they may have some newer or sharper pairs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+2, scski passed his L1 on Hemel's rental skis.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok - so I'll be OK on my skis but better on rentals if they're decent. I'll have a good chat with the trainer on day one and see what he says. I guess I'm a little worried about losing the familiarity I've got on my current skis.

While I've got a topic open, there were some skis going up for grabs ex-rental at the end of season this year and I picked up a couple of pairs. Can anyone ID the Volkl skis in this picture?

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the name is on the tail, Volk Wall
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jiagedaping, you might find the trainer tells you to ski on something more pistey. This happened to about 3 people on my course. One had another pair anyway and two were able to borrow something more suitable. The best skier on my course was on rental boots and skis Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy