Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Full Tilt tounge flex rating?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I got a new pair of Full Tilt Seth Morrisons back in Jan, think I got talked into them by the salesman as I went in wanting some soft flex boots for doing freestyle in but ended up with these at a flex rating of 10! (pretty much the same stiffness as the boots I was replacing)

No biggy realy as the main reason I wanted Full Tilts was because of the replaceable toungs. The plan was to get a pair that I could switch between soft and stiff depending upon what the day held.

Anyway, Im wanting to buy a soft flex tounge now but not too sure which one to go for, has anyone got any experience of these toungs and can recommend which stiffness I should get? Ive pretty much skied on race boots for the last 20 odd years so would imagine most will feel realy soft anyway.

Was looking at the 6 but not sure if this will be too soft for me

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied 4, 6 and 8 tongues on various boots through the years. Yes, the difference is (just) noticeable. No, I haven't a clue which will suit you!

Bear in mind that the flex doesn't feel like other boots. As you push it seems to feel stiffer and more precise.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the info, so a 4 wont feel like jelly then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd say they won't - but then I skied exclusively on Flexons for over 20 years and are quite used to them.

If you've learnt to balance on your feet and are just wanting to do strange things with them then, to me, they'd seem ideal.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a pair of seths and a 6 tongue too. The 6 flex is pretty nice for freestyle stuff for myself but i do prefer stiffer boots so wouldn't want the really soft flex. If you prefer the really flexy boots for freestyle then i'd consider going for the 4 tongue since the liner in the seths is a tad stiffer than the basic level full tilts if my memory serves me correctly. Just make sure you get the tongue in the correct size for your boots.....made that mistake once Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers Andy, I think the 6 is the one for me then, skid in race boots for the past 20 years so used to a very stiff boot, dont know how Id cope with a very soft one but obviously want somthing a little softer for freestyle. P.S. yeah I almost ordered the wrong sized one Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy