Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is your Season really over?

Poster: A snowHead
Back from the mountains a couple of days ago, but one season just rolls into another type Cool

This was yesterday, and not the most flattering of POMBAS Laughing

Loads more superb pics from our resident snapper. You need FB.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@squawker, enjoy Hemsedal. Some fresh snow yesteday. Looks v quiet on the webcams. Last year, they opened for a few extra weekends, IIRC - a lot of snow, last year mind. But they've shut the run back to town. Bah!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kat.ryb,
Fifty quid with Ryanair from Stansted to Memmingen if you go a week on Friday, returning Tuesday.... wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hemsedal for the long weekend. We'll be one of those accursed race training groups Wink Hope the sun is shining on Tinden.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dobby wrote:
@squawker, enjoy Hemsedal. Some fresh snow yesteday. Looks v quiet on the webcams. Last year, they opened for a few extra weekends, IIRC - a lot of snow, last year mind. But they've shut the run back to town. Bah!

Thanks for that dobby. As noted, we'll be training mostly (son will be training and I'll be helping/hanging about/running off to ski whatever's open). Chances are we'll be skiers left of the double t-bar at the top of the 8-pack ("fjellheisen") or on Tinden if conditions are good and the resort gives us the nod. Probably yes to free-skiing drills but no to gates.

The May 1st weekend was glorious last year - fingers crossed.

Oh, and it won't be quiet at the bottom of the 8-pack on Friday and Saturday - its the big end-of-season party with live music and people spewing their guts up by 3 p.m. Will be quite nice to avoid all that really.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CHAMONIX tomorrow snowHead

.....Shame it's going to pee down with rain all weekend Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S wrote:
Best snow on the planet currently here in the UK Cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-32512716

bug. I was going to go and saw the forecast was rain all week so didn't
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@squawker, enjoy. Hope the wind keeps down so you can enjoy Tinden. They seem to like partying in hemsedal. Saw one guy barfing off the balcony. Good advert for the kids to not hit the beer too hard.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nope, will be here at some point over the weekend, Saturday's looking good

Peter S wrote:
Best snow on the planet currently here in the UK Cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-32512716
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is after a last wee sneaky trip Glencoe today Very Happy. Not my best ski effort by a long way but good fun. The "run" back to the access chair is fast becoming a "walk" but who cares for a late season slide?!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After the season is before the season snowHead !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rain @ 2600m lturned to snow at lunchtime at Stubai, final run down in weak sunshine makimg fresh tracks.

Clearer and colder now, so looking good for tomorrow snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@geoffers, how much fresh is there? Last Saturday was ok but not great, so I'm wondering if it's worth making the trek up from IBK this weekend...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Say 5-10 cm when we left at 3:30, but still sheeting down. Off up there now,nice sunny morning. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Claude B wrote:
Last day, 58th, was Saturday. I'm all skied out for the moment. Will move onto other things. I will be out in L2A the 2nd half of August but doubt I'll ski. Ive absolutely no interest in skiing indoors. Early start for me in December for next winter I think Happy

I spoke too soon Happy I'm out in L2A next month apartment shopping and the lifts open that week for the summer Happy I still wouldn't bother myself but my daughter will be with me and she hasn't skied for 2 years (A levels then uni) so it will be nice to have a morning with her, there should be a fair bit open that early. I wont tell her lifts open at 7.15 yet Shocked Will try to persuade her to renew her BASI L1 too which runs out in the summer, it cost me enough Happy
snow report
@Claude B, can't she just do a 1 day refresher to keep the L1?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 7-05-15 8:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@kitenski, She can but tbh she's not really interested, she's never used it. Would have to do a 2 day 1st aid again too.
snow report
@Claude B, I think *but check with BASI* that she could do the refresher to keep her L1 license, but when the first aid lapses she becomes a member , but hasn't lost the L1 status??

That happened to me as I didn't renew first aid in time but I'm pretty sure it didn't invalidate my L2.
snow conditions
@kitenski, Cheers I'll talk to her and BASI about it.
ski holidays
@clarky999, Just back from an epic day of spring skiing -short skin up the closed Pfaffengrat lift then skiing perfect corn in the closed Fernau sector down to the Mittelstation

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/uploads/859/20150507_181625.JPG
snow report
@geoffers, nice pic Smile
latest report
Nope!! My season is still going on!! First week in May and still skiing, cannot be bad. If the snow comes high up again with the rain that is forecasted I shall ski again next weekend!

For anyone interested, I just posted the photos of my day out at Glacier 3000 in Switzerland. Really nice to be able to ski 8750m vertical in one day by just using a cable car. The same as four trips in one day down the 'North Face of the Bellecote' for those that know Les Arcs and la Plagne off piste areas. Hope you enjoy the photos. This is a great place for freeriding. Well worth the effort to visit the area. Let me know if anyone wants to take a trip next season. If the weather and snow conditions are OK you can ski new routes everyday for a week without even hiking.

https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
latest report
@snowcrazy, I've had 3 weeks in paradiski over the past couple of years and really like it for the variety of pistes, they still have mogul runs as well as carve your heart out motorways but I have had little chance to explore the off piste. Not made any plans for next season but will look you up if I'm in the area.
Motor bike season has just started!
snow conditions
I was snowboarding last week and am off again to Austria in July to get my last ride in of the season Smile
latest report
It is now - the ski lifts have stopped in Val Thorens.
snow conditions
squawker wrote:
dobby wrote:

Thanks for that dobby. As noted, we'll be training mostly (son will be training and I'll be helping/hanging about/running off to ski whatever's open). Chances are we'll be skiers left of the double t-bar at the top of the 8-pack ("fjellheisen") or on Tinden if conditions are good and the resort gives us the nod. Probably yes to free-skiing drills but no to gates.

The May 1st weekend was glorious last year - fingers crossed.

Oh, and it won't be quiet at the bottom of the 8-pack on Friday and Saturday - its the big end-of-season party with live music and people spewing their guts up by 3 p.m. Will be quite nice to avoid all that really.

Just noticed we had both posted about being in Hemsedal for the 1 May weekend but neither of us had noticed!

It was my first time in Hemsedal (and Norway for that matter) and I thought it was a brilliant resort - couldn't have had better conditions for the Saturday and Sunday that we were there. Couldn't believe the conditions were still that great for so late in the season!

Hope you had a good weekend too!
ski holidays
Last day of Uk lift served yeasterday at Cairngorm. However several lifts will run at Glencoe for mid summer skiing next month....to mark the start of the nights drawing in !

No sign yet of the weather warming up appreciably Confused
snow report
Definitely over now, unfortunately.
My last day of the season was spent crusing around the off piste on the Zugspitze with my mate Sascha. We went up hoping to find 30cm of fresh pow, but only came across 10cm (max), which during the course of the day turned into chewed up crud and slush. Wonderful all the same. Wonderful scenery and a great day.
https://vimeo.com/127774962
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steilhang Very nice indeed. Thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy