Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trips from Moscow? Kyrgyzstan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, new to the forum, so hoping to get some help!
I'm an avid skier, having done 3 seasons so far, but next winter I will be working in Moscow, so only get a one week break (which all of russia gets...so its gonna be busy, i know). its jan 2 until jan 10.
Basically one of the cheapest countries to fly to is Kyrgyzstan
Has anyone been here? Any ideas on prices. booked tours seem quite expensive. I've managed to find the below which would equate to 544 EUR in total...is this good, seems really high

Flights return moscow bishkek 180
hostel 75
ski rental 60 (maybe more because if conditions are good, want powder skis)
ski pass 80
return transport to airport 30
transfer from karakol hostel to karakol ski base 120 (most expensive part and dependent on renting car with other people!)

Anyway, any information would be great
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi kylie. It's heather from Snowbombing lol. I thought this must be from you. Sorry I can't help you about Russia but hopefully someone will. It gets a bit quieter on here over the summer months. If I hear of anyone been that way I'll point them in your direction. X🎿❄️🍻
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DO NOT GO TO KYRGYZSTAN.

Fly to Almaty in Kazakhstan- great city, great ski resort with modern facilities, MUCH sager for lone female traveller.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kylie12, I haven't been to Kyrgyzstan, but I think @Nadenoodlee, is probably correct. Kazakhstan is a pretty civilised place IMO. Kyrgyzstan probably a lit less so.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does the fact that Russians with money ski in the Alps possibly tell us something?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quite a few are coming to Almaty now @dogwatch,

I am here now and I wish I had been here for ski season. They have spent ALOT of money on winter sports as part of their Asian Winter Games hosting. They're also bidding for Winter Olympics so should throw even more cash at it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kylie12, Kyrgyzstan is awesome! Ran a trip there a few years back and would love to go back... See lower part of this:
http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.fr/2012_03_01_archive.html

We were ski touring, though one of the team stayed on after we left and had a day at Karakol ski area. By all accounts it is fairly basic - 4 ex-Les Menuires chairlifts with signs still in French - microwaved burger lunch, but some fun skiing for a day or two.
I would be surprised if the taxi up to the ski area from Karakol town cost that much (I'm sure cheaper could be negotiated). We stayed at the Greenyard Guesthouse which was very comfortable and great food all at very reasonable cost.

As to what it would be like as a single female traveller I couldn't say - but a good friend of mine's girlfriend worked in Kyrg and Tajikistan for a few years and never mentioned any particular problems as an unmarried woman.

Would love to go back but my diary keeps squashing it out Sad
2017 perhaps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went up to the resort near Almaty during the summer, facilities do look very good, brand new lifts etc. I expect it may be considerably more expensive than Kyrgyzstan though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy