Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nice little gizmo to help get into tight fitting boots

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the "three buckle" boot thread where a few people commented on how difficult it is to get into their tight boots.

I bought one of these because one of my daughters was taking a really long time to get into her boots. And sometimes I might drive down to the lift with three or four people and can spend quite a while waiting whilst people faff with their boots.

And then indeed for me this season with a new pair or alpine boots I found them a real pain to get into and another mate was so impressed with it that he ordered one.

It's such a simple idea and works so well

http://www.slippinltd.com/

Apologies if it's been mentioned before rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
£9.99 for a plastic bag! Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, you might well think that, but there's actually quite a lot to it, as it has to be really strong with the webbing attached to the material for when you pull it back out.

Yes, if you're a cheap skate you could use a plastic bag to slip your foot in, but then how would you get the bag back out rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam, i find correct boot insertion technique works fine without any gadgetry.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, I'd simply pull on half the bag that was stuck out of the boot rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, every ski holiday I struggle and say I'm going to buy one of those when I get home.

And every time, when I do, I look and say
Quote:
£9.99 for a plastic bag!

and don't bother Laughing .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had one of these for a couple of years and they are brilliant. As Weathercam says, they are a lot more than just a plastic bag. Trust me I've tried plastic bags too and they aren't a great substitute. They tear, last five seconds and can be a pig to get out again. Th Slippin is made from very low friction nylon and is extremely strong.

@under a new name, Thanks for that rather condescending contribution, but it's not just about how you put your boot on. It's also a question of foot geometry, ankle problems for some people and also whether your boots are bone dry or not.

@Weathercam, Yes, they have been mentioned before. I've been evangelising about them for a year or so. I don't always need mine, but on the days when I do then they make life a great deal easier.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, sorry it was actually your post in the "three buckle thread" that made me think of posting this, I obviously must have misinterpreted it rolling eyes

under a new name wrote:
........I had a full oversize pair of boots last time (Nordica Dobermann 150) as I simply couldn't get my feet into the "correct" size without assistance. As it was I still had to drive home in them and couldn't remove them until they warmed up.......

The faff factor of people putting on boots is massive, and yes many people do not know "correct boot insertion technique", (or extricating themselves Laughing ) all I know is that it saves a lot of time, and there's nothing worst when going for first lifts and having people who spend ages getting in their boots!

£9.99 might seem a lot but so is €5 for a plate of chips etc etc up a mountain.

In I season I might end up transporting various people to the lift 20 or so days - I reckon the gizmo saves 10mins of time spent faffing, that's 20 x 10 which equals a fair amount of time.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 20-04-15 8:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@foxtrotzulu, my pleasure. Condescension is my middle name.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@foxtrotzulu, but really , I've skied for (gulp) 44 years and only about 4-5 years ago did the smallzookeeper point out that the insertion process was all wrong.

Made a big difference.

@Weathercam, titter, seriously, the Nordicas were bee-atches to get on and off. Even with assistance. Ridiculously rigid. But very responsive. Your Sallies should be like slippers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs rungsp has developed an arthritic toe and getting cold boots on is a real problem (pain!).
Insertion technique is not the issue.

A bit less condescension would be a good thing, you don't need it? Great, you are not everybody.

That "plastic bag" looks like a good idea...thanks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
or just get some bigger boots?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a condescension new name, Nice boots.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The biggest lesson in getting boots on I learned was never leave them overnight somewhere cold.

But can someone link to the "correct" insertion technique? My style works, but it would be nice to know I'm doing it correctly wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@blahblahblah, they were snowHead

@larkim, other than keeping them warm... Use both hands to open the cuff and clog and insert foot at an inward twisted attitude. Rather than straight. Huge difference.
snow report
Seems a very similar product to what the nurse proposed on Dragons Den recently, see http://www.healthcare.ac.uk/news-and-events/more-news/2014/october/alumni-nurse-enters-the-bbcs-dragons-den/
snow conditions
the slip-in has been mentioned quite a bit on snowheads and seems a good thing - Hurtle uses one regularly. It's not a plastic bag, really. Special stuff, stronger and more slippery. But the market probably only needs one.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy