Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best of 90mm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
AthersT wrote:

I'm finding that's its quite difficult to find many honest and negative reviews of many ski's to be honest. Seems as though reviewers enjoy the perks of ski testing more than reviewing them too critically!

Is that not because most skis out there are more than adequate, while one might suit you a bit better than another the reality is as long as you pick one which suits where you want to ski, your size and ability you'll probably get along ok?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I made my choice.Will go for Elan Amphio 88xti 2016 model.Friend of mine can get them with nice discount.All I have to do is wait till September now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I goud them crap off-piste though, despite the width.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That should be 'found' (instead of 'goud), of course.

Really, why base your choice on whatever deal you can find? That would have saved all of us an entire topic. And I bet I a nice deal on practically all other mentioned skis can be found as well. I personally don't like the Amphibio construction, but they are good carving skis. I just wonder why you want ~88 mm skis if you worry only about carving? If that's what you want, get a nice SL ski, there are lots of those.

I suspect you want a wider ski for some versatility and capabilities off-piste and in fresh snow. If that is the case, I think many of the skis mentioned (Rictor 90, Brahma, Powertrack 89, Nrgy 90, Ranger 88, Motive 86) - although very different at certain points - are better all-mountain options than the Elans. Just my view, of course.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did not choose Amphibio because of deal I can get.They still will be more expensive than Brahmas or Powertrack 89.I do not want sl skis as they are most specific skis you can have.I dont bother how Amphibio perform off piste cause first few "freeriding" yaers I skied on Salomon 3V Sl and it was awesome.Do not think Elans are worse than Sl's off piste.Mentioned before one of m skis are Salomon Rocker 2 90 but they to soft on morning groomers.Looking for something with same dimensions but much stiffer.Had only positive experience with Elan skis so why not.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
But then again my question: why a ski so wide? You say you want something for early morning groomers (and you don't care how they handle off-piste, you say). So why the width? There are much better hard snow skis, also with bgger turn radii. I just don't get it I suppose.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Must say that I now spend most of my time and enjoy most my 98mm Mantras. My alternatives are FIS SLs, GSs and SGs, and the Mantras are generally more all round fun on or off piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Cheizz, I do understand why you don't understand Smile I guess it is all about personal preferences.It just feels right(90mm).Although I will spend more time on groomers(beginner wife) my mind constantly venture off piste.That is why I got Rocker 2 90,however spending most of my time on piste for last 2 years I kinda fell in love with carving again.Yet 88mm is versatile enough even if not rockered.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In that case: Fischer Motive 86 TI, K2 Rictor 90 (hurry up, they will replace them next year) or - for a bit more performance - Nordica Nrgy 90.

Have fun with whatever you pick.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy