Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids skis or adult for teenage girl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter is a confident little skier. Great on reds not matter how tricky and ok on easier blacks. We invested in skis for her a few years ago and have replaced them a couple of times as she has grown. Before our next ski holiday in December we will need to replace her K2 Luv Bugs which are 124cm in length. She is at the age where we expect she is going to have a massive growth spurt and become a young lady before our next trip. She loves her skis and wanted the same ones in the next size up but we think she may need short ladies skis. Can anyone recommend any that maybe suitable for her? She will be 13 when we go again.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of height/weight? If she's growing so fast, wouldn't hiring be a better bet? She's presumably growing out of her boots all the time, too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My 10 year old has been skiing on 130cm slalom skis that we bought 2nd hand. They are very heavy / chunky construction (Nordica Redster FIS).
They are getting a bit small for her (tall for age) - now below nose height - she is about 140cm tall and is fairly athletic. She is probably a bit more advanced than your daughter - skied a black run covered in refrozen bumps with a degree of aplomb this season, started enjoying powder.

We have just bought some second hand women's skis at 140cm for her (Salamon BBR limelite). The issue in my mind was whether she would be heavy enough to bend them but they don't feel stiffer or heavier than her current skis so I think they should be fine.

You don't say how tall or heavy your daughter is but I suspect you should move her on to women's all mountain intermediate/advanced skis now (unless she is going to start racing?).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

If she's growing so fast, wouldn't hiring be a better bet?

It all depends I think.
We bought my daughter's new skis from the hire shop across the road that was clearing out rental stock. They are in very nice condition (can't have been rented much) and cost us Euro 100 with bindings. Even if we only get next season (say 22 days over 3 weeks) out of them and bin them it will be cheaper than renting. But I suspect we will be able to sell them on for a good chunk of the 100 euros. She might get two seasons out of them.

In any case, my wife is on 159, my 12 year old boy on 148 so I'm hoping when it is time to move up we can trickle down skis and treat my wife to something new Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She is a short little thing like me. I expect she will be be around 4ft10 to 5ft tall and she is not very heavy either (I am only 5ft myself). We have bought her skis in the past because I have always got a good deal (under £100) and she has generally had 2 - 3 ski holidays and had the experience of owning her own equipment. I usually also tend to get at least half my money back be selling them on so it has worked out cheaper than hiring. I have had some bad experiences with very poor hire skis in the past so dislike hire equipment.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, my daughter wont be racing. I was thinking ladies skis around 140cm in length. I am only 152 cm tall and 9st and have 149cm skis. i have never had a problem with the longer length. I am probably due an upgrade to more advanced skis but mine will be far too long for her at the moment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

@jedster, my daughter wont be racing. I was thinking ladies skis around 140cm in length

sounds about right - I can't offer much advice on specific models but (whispers so my kids cant hear) doubt it really matters that much at this stage Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy