Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nick in North Face Sallopettes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I have a nick on the lower leg of my NF sallopettes. Anyone have any ideas of how to repair this? Is there some form of patch that I can apply over the area to repair it?

Many thanks

Griggs
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/gore-tex-repair-patch-p126422
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This stuff is clear, and has stayed on so far after several trips: http://www.amazon.co.uk/McNett-Tenacious-Tape-Fabric-Repair/dp/B000KBH7S2/?tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Duck tape or ignore it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Second vote for tenacious tape. Used it on a. Pair a few years ago and it did a great job.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you can keep it neat and tidy then seam grip/seal will give as close to invisible repair as you will get doing it yourself.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/mcnett-gear-aid-seam-grip-p107601
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In my experience Aquasure is way better than Seamgrip
http://www.sailboats.co.uk/mcnett-aquasure-1oz-tube

And when you're done store it in the freezer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all

Thank you for the replies - really useful. Have opted to try the tape option as seems less mess involved !!

All the best

Griggs
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I came on here expecting to see some guy called nick dressed in some daft sallopettes. Im disappointed Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Who's Nick?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got your attention though !! wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would buy new ones. In green. Green is the fastest colour.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timberwolf, only because they are embarrassed and trying to get away! Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Duck tape or ignore it

I have one I've ignored for two seasons now, with no ill effects. I think it makes me look gnarly. Little Angel
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think I did it by lazily treading on my bindings to take the skis off (ie, it's a cut made by a sharp ski edge).
snow conditions
Now srsly..

Many goretex things arrive with patches. Try your local shop. May sell something.

Otherwise duct tape.
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
I came on here expecting to see some guy called nick dressed in some daft sallopettes. Im disappointed Puzzled

And I came on here expecting a GIRL dressed in some tight sallopettes Smile
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
I would buy new ones. In green. Green is the fastest colour.

Only applies to Kawasakis
latest report
Wasn't quite sure what to expect either - I also thought that there maybe a photo of 'Nick', but I am really glad I clicked on here as my daughter's Regatta all in one suit has ripped at the seams and I've now ordered some Seam Grip to fix them (I was just going to bin them!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy