Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for some advice.....new board for 14 year old.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from holiday and my son managed to write off his current snowboard.....a 2014 Burton decendant flat top 148. Bought used, so not a great loss. He liked it, I also have a Burton lipstick flat top and like it.

Looking to buy something else in the current sale, he also skis so it would be nice for it to last 2 holidays, but we are also happy to ebay it when he outgrows it (or I may use it).

He is 14 and about 166cm tall, about 54kg, size 7 feet (that is today, may be different tomorrow :0). He has been boarding for 4 holidays (part time as he also skis) after learning the basics on the dry slope, and a couple of days per year at snowworld. He likes pistes, speed and messing/playing about jumping next to the piste. Pretty competent...

Current shortlist:

Burton decendant 2014 flat top 151cm

Burton decendant 2015 pure pop camber 152cm

Burton process Flying V 2015 152cm

Slash happy place camrock 2015 152cm

Looking to spend no more that £250, and buy something with a little growing room if possible (in the past a little more lenght and softer flex seemed to work).

Anyone tried any of these boards? Any advice, other suggestions? Snowfit and tribal riders are my local shops.

Been very happy with Burton in the past, they also sell on well.

He wants the slash....

Thanks Simone
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...or perhaps a Burton antler, used one for sale locally. Perhaps a little too advanced?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy