Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2117 clothing

Poster: A snowHead
I have been looking at the oh most common of websites that sell discount kit including Marmot as discussed in other threads. However can anyone share a view on the kit made by 2117 the Swedish company that we dont normally get here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sportpursuit? I took the plunge and ordered a Storsylen jacket (shell only, no insulation) and with one week of experience I am well pleased. When I got home I ordered the equivalent shell pants. They also look good but the zip fashion police will have me. Jacket bright blue with yellow zips, pants black (I thought that was safe) but when they were delivered they have green zips!

The jacket is virtually indistinguishable from Norrona shells.

I might go back in for a lightly insulated pair as well.

If you decide to go for it and are not yet a member you could use this link http://www.sportpursuit.com/join/DJL and they will then pay me a few quid!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DJL, If I wasnt already a member I would happily get you the credit but I am. I am tempted by the pants that match your jacket but in blue - how would you say the fabric of the jacket compares with Gore Tex?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied a season on Hokkaido, Japan in 2117 jacket and gloves.

No complaints. Bombproof.

Buy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pete_Berks, Very similar I would say. I didn't have a wet day so the waterproofing wasn't tested. The face of the fabric has a sort of interlocking H woven into it which doesn't show on photos and isn't offensive. Build quality is good. Full length zips on the pants and the snow cuff is velcroed so you can open them up completely. you could put them on over other layers without taking ski boots off. At about £90 for a full set of 3 layer shell jacket and trousers I'm happy. Only thing missing on the jacket is pit zips and the hood is a bit tight over a helmet. Sizing seemed accurate. I am 5' 10", 11 st 10lb, 33" waist, 32" leg and 39" chest and medium fitted spot on for both garments
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was also looking at their stuff on the same site last week and was very tempted -fear the sale is now finished though. Pity as this thread would have convinced me to go for it Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nickH wrote:
Was also looking at their stuff on the same site last week and was very tempted -fear the sale is now finished though. Pity as this thread would have convinced me to go for it Sad
sorry to tempt you but they are selling 2117 (and loads of other brands) in their "warehouse" sections near the bottom on the site under "snowsports jackets" - sale ends 12 April
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been wearing mine a bit, not bad. Not enough (no) vents in jacket. Braces broke on trousers. Seem reasonably warm and waterproof. Wear my goretex proshell stuff on bad days. Steal for money though looks good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aaaaagh! Away! Thanks Sack the Juggler[/b], just checked and sadly ( though tinged , perhaps, with quiet relief ) the particular jacket & trousers I was tempted by aren't being shown. Will just have to get another season out my my current kit Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@nickH, Sorry if you wanted the blue in a medium, I think I got the last set of those pants!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @Pete_Berks, no it was a different pair and in black, but glad you found what you were after Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought some outfits (jackets and salopettes) for the children because they were cheap and looked good but with no expectation of the kit being up to the job in a cold January. I've been pleasantly surprised, though. The material isn't as soft as a Marmot or Spyder piece of kit but it has proved to be warm and waterproof. I'm very impressed.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got a Storsylen jacket in that yellowy green color favoured by Swedes and wore it last week in Monte Rosa (I was hoping it would enable me to ski like some of the extremely good Swedish freeride skiers you see there). No complaints whatsoever - it seems to me to be a very well made bit of kit, and true to size. I didn't test it in trying conditions such as heavy snow or rain, though, but I'm confident it would hold up. My skiing did also improve somewhat as well, so a result all round. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@J2R, I am really pleased to hear it will make me into a Sweedish freeride quality skier I have been looking for the bit of kit to make me awesome for years!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm pleased to hear it too. It didn't quite work when I only had the jacket but now I've got the pants as well next season is nailed on!
latest report
Yeah, don't let anyone fool you with talk of skills and rubbish like that. I've been concentrating on the wrong thing for years. It's all about the gear, and not just the skis - it's the clothing. Well, maybe the beards as well - some of those Swedish freeriders have impressive beards (the men anyway), which is something I'm going to have to work on for next year.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 17-04-15 22:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@J2R,
+1 for the beards Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy