Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Socks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Normally I take hiking socks and ski socks, which tend to be slightly different thicknesses, however Im guessing this probably isn't ideal, so I should probably stick to one type...however I was wondering is there a difference between ski and snowboard socks and are either of them really worth it, or are regular socks okay (I presume the key is just a consistent thickness)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy snowboard specific socks. they're different thicknesses in different areas. Thick where you need a bit of padding, they differ widely but thicker at - toes, balls of feet,heels, ankles front of calf rear of calf. Shaped, thinner and stretchy in other areas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got some really nice K2 snowboard socks that I use for hiking. Very similar to merino ski socks, just not quite as long. Presumably you boarders aren't as fussy as us skiers as your boots aren't as demanding.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have smartwool phd snowboard socks that I really like. As already mentioned, they having their padding in slightly different areas compared to ski socks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear whatever's comfortable. Can't say I've ever noticed any difference wearing socks with variable padding. Currently loving my PallyHi Merino depth-gauge socks. Everyone should pull on a good pair of merino socks at least once in their life.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought this was going to be about DG Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fair enough...I'll check out the end of season sales Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rogg, OFFS! If you think that what you slide yer toes into defines your ability to slide yer board . . . you really need to buy a pair of snowblades rolling eyes

@vjmehra, thin is fine, though that needs to be with a nice pair of snug fitting boots. Thick socks and loose boots will not give you a good experience . . . unless you are very experienced yourself.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As they say, use what works. I got a box of fancy Burton socks this season and they are the same as the usual ski socks I use ( I use race boots). Except they have a pretty Burton logo.

Personally I like them thin,but it's a choice.

The main difference I have found is in how long they last. Buy a couple of pairs each season so they don't all die at once.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Masque I'm pretty sure I could board without them and I'm also pretty certain I didn't say that socks in any way define your ability to slide on a board. I just find them comfy - more comfy than say "ski tubes" or hiking socks. That's my personal experience. If you want to tie rags around your feet or go commando, whatever, that's up to you. Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rogg, grip tape and bare feet does fer me ya Jessie Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saves on bindings too. Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy