Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is it with the snowboarder's group mentality?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just one more reason to stay off the piste, such a dangerous place, though kooky may have a different view today.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@waynos,
Were those trees stopping in the middle of nowhere and just ... standing there ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@@musher, the trees standing aren't really a problem, it's the ones laying down just under the snow. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@waynos, How the hell did I find an entire toppled tree trunk not only under lovely powder but on top of my skis Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here's one... if the main part of the piste is fairly empty with an extensive field of view from above, lots of fluffy snow at the sides near the trees and people diving in and out of the edges playing in the powder... should you stand well into the piste in clear view or stand to the side and have a greater risk of being hit? Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarpa,
...but what if you want to sit ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher, I'll pop to the loo. Oh... sit Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where they sit is really mainly only a danger to themselves...have seen plenty of skiers stop in stupid places too....but when snowboarders choose to go sit on their board and slide down the slope ....that really annoys me because they usually fall off and the board keeps going.....which probably is quite funny initially...until the board hits someone.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having boarded in Champagny two years on the trot, one thing is clear, I won't be going back there in a hurry. Skiers in France seem to think they own the piste, the queues and are perfectly entitled to stop wherever they like, whether it be in the middle of the piste over a blind rise, or huddled in groups in the middle, or 10 yards out from the end of the chairlift. Invariably they cause chaos and carnage, every single crash and accident I have seen has been caused by skiers either going faster than their capability, stopping in the middle of the piste on a busy section suddenly for no apparent reason with the resulting domino crash and chaos as everyone behind has to take urgent avoiding action. Barricading the exits on chairlifts seems a favourite pastime too, with idiots standing idly by fixing ski poles and chatting in a group whilst boarders and skiers coming off the chairs behind crash into them as they have nowhere to go. Then they curse and complain about idiots skiing or sliding into them!

Yes you do get idiots on snowboards too, but they are the minority by far, just through straight numbers as there are fewer boarders as a percentage of slope users than skiers. And you can guarantee when standing in the queue there will be some impatient skier who will be pushing and shoving their way, sliding over people's skis and boards without a care in the world. If you want to experience an even worse example of friendly French skiers, go and have a week at Le Mont Dore over the Christmas/New Year break when it seems every mad Parisian with access to skis decides to dice with death. No word of a lie, there was not a single day when there was less than 5 ambulances with sirens wailing carting off some injured nutter, on New Year's Day it was a constant wail, literally every half hour, all day....this at a small family ski resort.

So, I think it is unfair to single out boarders for stopping in the middle of the piste. Maybe a bit more tolerance and education is needed all round!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy