Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This Years Trips

Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully going to Alpe D-5th February week with Messr's Prior/Gunner/Robertson for a meet up,both on Slopes & Bars.

Ok,Who's going where this year & When.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shamown!, can't wait for that one. Plus I'm off to Morzine and Avoriaz for 4 days in middle of Jan. That is with 3 skiiers from work so I am already in intensive banter training for that Laughing

Now that I can keep up with them it's gonna be payback from wayback!!! Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, who invited you???? Alp D is exclusively our resort.

Joking aside......c'mon. Can't wait for this year

Seriously simon....who invited you?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been invited to go on a shop demo week, partly subsidised by Burton and with the opportunity to trash - sorry, I mean try out - nice shiny Burton kit. Cool

Not exactly sure when but should be late Jan/early Feb. The place will be Flims / Laax.

I'm just hoping that the promises don't fall through.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oooh, just checked out the Burton boards on that extremesports site mentioned on another thread. That Raven board looks nice (a little bit freestyle, a little bit freeride) - i wonder whether the demo will have any of those available....

I can see that I'll have to make sure that my Timeless doesn't get jealous
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm off to the afore mentioned Alpee Dee trip with the boys Robertson and Prior. I think I might try to sneek in a cheeky trip to Serbia to visit the in-laws in January/March and get a weekend at Kaopanik if I can. Can't wait.....need snow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Careful Tony, the Timeless is can be a beast with green eyes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmm sounds like a nice trip Tony.........no not at all jealous!

Only got 1 trip this year planned - buying a house in Brighton + complete change in career next year (less£) = no £££. Going to Sauze over new year for 8ish days, going to go more off piste this time and get a guide snowHead Cool

May get some weekend boarding in Upstate New York area if a works project comes off Little Angel
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
before this invite came up i was seriously thinking about going on a McNab course to experience some proper off piste action and learn about what's safe and what's not. I was really up for looking for something new.

but the guys that are going on the shop trip are a good bunch and so I'll probably postpone the off piste course until next year now
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kev,i invited myself!
Hopefully i'll be bring some of the Muppets from the Weymouth Massiv'!
Don't care about the off piste too much (Don't think Saalbach will be ever bettered will it Phil) ,just as long as theres some Snow,but it would be nice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It will take a cracker to better that week in Saalbach that's for sure. Still we have the Sarenne to time ourselves down and also the heli trip to Les Deux Alpes to keep us occupied.

Depending on the conditions, and if there is the event of some good powder we can get a guide for a day. If not just cruise the pistes. I'm gonna stay out of the park I think but there's a nice hut I want us to take a look at Mr T.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
La Grave........when we went there was not enough snow & in all honesty i was too crap to board it...but this year...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Going back to Livigno this year... Had such a good time last year... only problem was not getting as much boarding dine as I should have....

A mates stag do and another 10 dayer with my Worcester homies - Tignes is being discussed at the moment... but really want to try for St. Anton again this year. Especially after seeing all the nice piccies in last months SnowboardUK mag

Dates?? who knows... but it will Happen!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowboarding stag do's are definately the way forward..............the one and only way to garentee it's a boys only holiday!! Twisted Evil snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dan, you made me realise - do we actually have any girl boarders on this forum?

There are plenty of girl skiers on the Other Side and there are plenty of girls over in goneboarding.
snow conditions
.........er not that i know of, I don't think there were any on the SKGB forum? My gf boards but i try to keep her away from the computer.

I've stuck around here most of the time as i find goneboarding annoying, not functionality as that's fantastic, maybe i'm just tooooo old for it.........too many silly arguments. Still browse gb and adrenaline trip every so often.
snow report
i agree about goneboarding's forums - too random to develop any real conversation (assuming that you have to try to fit in some work at the same time...)

I liked it for a while but haven't actually looked in it for ages
ski holidays
My gf Boards too. She loves the humor on the darkside forum... she did say she would sign up... then again she had had a few schnapps at that stage...
snow report
Tony Lane wrote:

I guess the girls have enough sense to ski Wink Anyway, I'm sure one year I'll get around to trying it for more that a day at a time. I'm almost considering leaving my skis at home when I go for a long weekend......but then again Puzzled
snow report
Mr T. La Grave???? Is that not supposed to be most treacherous???? even for the top of the tree advanced boarders? Still, If I was going to buy the farm, where better to be? (only joking). Interesting thought though. mmm ( a ponderous expression on my face).
ski holidays
No boarder chicks here unfortunately (would lead to some good banter I'm sure). My g/f does not board or ski and it took me some time to explain why I felt it necessary to have 3 trips to the mountains last year. I can never decide wether her not being a "snowsports" person is a good or a bad thing.
latest report
I am in the same boat Mr p. At least its an excuse for a lads holiday!!! (Don't tell Clare I said that)- Only joking Clare (grovel, grovel!!!)
snow report
Looks like a new funicular thingy at Alpe D for us to play with coming season.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2703
snow conditions
I board on and off, but prefer skiing to be honest,

Im going to Arinsal in March and then the BUSC trip in april + try and squeeze in a few trips up to the highlands, providing theres enough snow!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 6-10-04 13:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I'm fortunate that the better half is a nutter on skis (as some of you know) so I have no problems getting to the mountains. She does get a bit miffed when I start banging on about boarding and the next trip around May/June though. Very Happy
snow conditions
I spoke too soon - it turns out that the shop trip will no longer be a Burton event and it will now be in Tignes (a good resort but i was looking forward to trying somewhere new).

But, it is still the same group of guys and they have sorted out some great accommodation for peanuts. Going on first class Eurostar on 14 Jan for 8 days.

Looks like my Timeless will have no reason to be jealous afterall.
ski holidays
alp dee?????? its all about les arcs / la plagne link. some hot off piste over there as well as some serious amounts of piste and two amazing parks. Bring on that white fluffy stuff!!
ski holidays
Elizabeth B wrote:
Tony Lane wrote:

I guess the girls have enough sense to ski Wink Anyway, I'm sure one year I'll get around to trying it for more that a day at a time. I'm almost considering leaving my skis at home when I go for a long weekend......but then again Puzzled

Uh - I was never known for my good sense.

Will be in Les Arcs all season BOARDING Toofy Grin

Meg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stuffy get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Mr. Green im a little envious.
snow report
freerider, welcome to snowHeads snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Plans for this year are

4-7 Novemeber Hintertux
3-6 December Tignes
26-30 January Sauzy
Feb ?
26-2 March/April Mayrhofen
May ?
June ?
9-12 July Hintertux

First trip went down a couple of weeks ago, pics here, first near the top of the Hintertux glacier.

This was after the last run, it was at the gondola station in Hintertux village.
latest report
Git wink
snow report
Git is not the word Richie,does this man have no shame! Come to think of it,with all those trips,does he have a job! I don't get that much leave. Razz
snow report
I just never have enough holidays and normally only have a handful of days left for the second half of the year. Mad All my trips have to be done on the cheap as I haven't won the lottery yet. My goal is to hit the alps once a month from November to July and have been lucky enough to do this most years for about the last 10 years due to a job which involves a lot of travel to Germany. Very Happy
snow conditions
Im off to Morzine this from the 18th to 26 JAN, stayed in Chatel twice so i know the area a little! i cant wait! there are a couple of us chicks around, just dont look hard enuff! this year i have the challange of teaching by bf how to board ( i suggested he got a private lesson for a day else it could be the end of a beautiful friendship!)
latest report
I'm off to Whistler many times this year, hopefully every weekend or second weekend. I'm going to University in Vancouver this year, so I'm not too far, and am able to get a seasons pass for $350 Canadian (around 170 pounds) and stay overnight for $18 Canadian (around 8 pounds). I'm very excited, without deals like this through the University there would be no way I could go, as I'd hav to pay something ridiculous like $1500 for the seasons pass and probably at least $100 per night to stay there.
snow report
Now then,
I previously posted that I'd be going to Alpee Dee in Feb...........I still am. However, thanks to the ski and snowboard show on C4 (at rediculously stupid times), I'M ALSO GOING TO LAKE LOUISE / BANFF AT SOME POINT IN MARCH. I won the latest competion and I'm fecking stoked. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Very Happy ..........sorry, can't stop smiling Very Happy
ski holidays
I normally post on the other subjects - as I'm the 'other way inclined', but as a local to ADH and having just seen the New and Improved FACE TO FACE Shop on the high street opposite the outside swimming pool. It is worth a visit and merits a big Plug!! Very Happy
latest report
Seriuosly mate..............you wanna stop smiling!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy