Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gatwick car parking - ACE meet & greet

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used this service at Gatwick? You simply drive up to the arrivals terminal where a representative will collect your car from you & drive it to the secure parking compound. And they meet your plane arrival the same way. Sounds like a great way of avoiding the lugging of all the luggage on the shuttle buses between the car parks & the terminal. And at £49 for the week doesn't sound too bad.

Any good/bad experiences of this?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cathy Coins, yes, I've just used them last week and they were great. I've used other Meet & Greet services, but Ace is about £20 cheaper than the others, and just as good.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks RachelQ, that's good to know! We were a bit hesitant as the other Meet & Great was £72, wondered why this was so much cheaper especially as we've never used this type of service before. But if you've used it I think we'll give it a go Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BCp at gatwick good too - park at reception - drag bags 20 yards or so to the transfer driver and you're done. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff even at ungodly hours in the morning!

aj xx
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another option is to pre-book the short stay at Gatwick. Although more expensive, it's jolly convenient.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks ajhainey & magriggs, done both of those options several times, just trying to get an easier option that doesn't involve lugging of bags on/off transfer buses and/or queuing up in the car park office. Laziness really Very Happy We've booked the ACE meet & great so we'll see how that goes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've booked ACE for Saturday morning at Gatwick, it was only £3 more than normal car parking and as Cathy says, without the hassle of buses etc. Anyone know if there's much paper work to complete on turning up, what's the process?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm glad to read about this as only yesterday I booked ACE Meet & Greet service at Gatwick airport. We have a highly socialable check in time of 5.45am this Sunday. Urgh!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Everyone

Its Mark from ACE Meet and Greet. Im glad u like the service

Any suggestions on how we can improve even more or if we can be of any more help to Skiiers, would be appriciated. We are looking at setting
snowheads up with an exclusive deal for our VALET PARKING at gatwick. What do you all think?

Im of skiing with my 4 year old and 8 year old March/April dits our 1st time. We went to a lpace in
Tamworth the snowdome they absolutely loved it today, so much fun.

Does anyone have any good places to recommend for 1st timers prefferably not a very very busy place

Have great day

Kind regards

Mark
ACE Parking
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ace, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead . Being from the north, however, I don't use your airport unless absolutely necessary. I can live without the M25 Laughing .
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ace, welcome to snowHeads snowHead . I think it would be an excellent idea for you to do a snowHeads deal - PM admin and I'm sure he'll be happy to put you in the snowShops section. From reading the comments above, your service sounds very useful and relevant.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ACE,went to Puy St Vincent over the new year with snowbizz http://www.snowbizz.co.uk/index.htm and would throughly recomend them and the resort for 1st timers especially ones with kids as its very child friendly.

Small resort,ski-in/out ideal for beginners
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ace wrote:
Hi Everyone

Its Mark from ACE Meet and Greet. Im glad u like the service

Any suggestions on how we can improve even more or if we can be of any more help to Skiiers, would be appriciated. We are looking at setting
snowheads up with an exclusive deal for our VALET PARKING at gatwick. What do you all think?

ACE Parking

Start up in Birmingham also! once you have a wining formula duplicate it!

Well done on fulfilling a need, good luck with it Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ace, Welcome to snowHeads! I'm using you on Sunday morning for the first time, thanks to the recommendations here. Will let you know how I get on upon my return.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ace,
Welcome, thanks for considering a deal for Snowheads parking ! See my advert regarding Ski holiday in a place called Termignon. My place is unfortunately not available for your preferred dates but the actual resort may meet your requirements e.g not overly busy

Rgds

Rich Smile

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=235525&highlight=termignon#235525
snow report
Ace, we have an apartment in Serre Chevalier close to the slopes and ideal for beginners as the nursey slopes are a short walk away. There is also a British-run ski school in the village, for tots and adults.
snow report
Thank you for all your comments

We look forward to seeing you Saturday and Sunday with a smile on our faces.

Thanks Liam for your info re the apartments.

The ski villa looks lovely Helen. I will get some dates and make a firm reservation.
How much are these apartments and do you know any for sale?

I have emailed admin and look forward to speaking to him next Tuesday

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to build a ski apartment website. Where you can see
availability and book online?

Have a great day everyone

kind regards

Mark
latest report
Ace, I've sent you a private message re the apartments, click on the link at the top of the page, just below the SnowHeads logo, it should say '1 new message'
snow conditions
Quote:

I have emailed admin and look forward to speaking to him next Tuesday

No - speak to admin now! I need to book parking asap wink
ski holidays
Ace, weclome to Snowheads. Love the idea of a snowHead link-up. One of my group has booked a meet and greet deal for this weekend for us through his work, but I am really not sure with whom! Be nice if it was with you guys.

We've used a variety of companies at gatwick before, and it really is a terrific service. I particularly like the idea of the valeting ( which admittedly we've never used) and the newspaper/milk / groceries order being available in the car on your return at odd times /days (which we have!).
snow conditions
blast i missed this thread i just booked with an off airport firm we've used b4 altho i looked at the meet and greets very closely maybe next time Crying or Very sad
snow report
Well, just back from a beauuutiful week in Saalbach (I'll update various threads tomorrow) & just wanted to say what an excellent service ACE meet & greet is - they were there ready to pick the car up from us when we arrived at the terminal - a quick check over the car for any dents, signed a form & that was it. On the return, rang them up as we were collecting our baggage, got out to where the courtesy buses collect you & there was our car waiting for us! Waved goodbye to people from our hotel who were waiting for their bus to the car parks NehNeh and off we went. Would def use again. We used a discount through SCGB - £49.

Oh, and welcome to snowHeads Ace! snowHead
snow conditions
Just back from VDI. I'll echo the comments above - ACE is an excellent service, and will definitely use them again. Saved so much hassle lugging bags and skis on and off the shuttle bus, as well as quite a bit of time (an extra half hour in bed for an early check-in is worth more to me than the extra few quid for this service!).

Now, can you open a branch at Stansted (before 4.00am next Thursday if you can manage it wink )?
snow conditions
whats the number or website for ace please
ski holidays
colw wrote:
whats the number or website for ace please

http://www.airport-parking-quote.co.uk/airports/gatwick/ace_gatwick_parking.php
snow report
thanks looks like they have gone up to £69 / week
snow conditions
Hi Everyone its Mark from ACE Meet and greet. our web address is https://vault2.secured-url.com/ace-parking-gatwick.co.uk/new_index.html we have a different price for snowheads and will be sending them to Admin and to you all by wednesday next week. Please bear with us. The new service to snowheads members will be they can pay at the Airport. NO More credit cards. I will keep you posted on any news we think could be relevant. Ie we have cheap car hire available in France, Portugal, Italy etc. Speak to nyou all soon regards Mark
latest report
Back from France via Gatwick, and just to say that we used ACE and they lived up to their name. The only sticky bit was having to phone them 20 minutes before we arrived on the way out - not too easy when you don't know how far you are from Gatwick or how long it takes! But all that meant was we waited a couple of minutes after we arrived for them to turn up. We will certainly use them again! Shame we missed the special snowHead price though!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You have a point Helen its something we are looking at. would you or anyone like to give any sugesstions on the arrival procedure. Maybe we would should say. Please turn up at your alocated time slot. If however you are going to late please call xxxxxxxxxxxxx . We are hopefully going to do business with ADMIN so you will all get prefferential rates for winter and summer parking. Have a good time Mark wink
ski holidays
This may seem a little hostile, but it's really not supposed to be. But how do we know that companies like yours, that offer to drive our cars away, are insured (licensed?) to do so?

I really like the idea of these services, but would just like to know a little more about the legalities.
ski holidays
Helen101, yes I found that too! Coming down from Croydon way, I reckoned once we hit the M23 that would be 20 mins but anyone else going that way, I'd ring once you've left Coulsdon. I had to keep telling Mr C to slow down Little Angel

DavidS, they do say on their website that they are fully insured to drive our cars. But all offsite car parks drive your car anyway.
ski holidays
CathyC I bought the question up because I was talking to someone who works in airports and I mentioned valet parking as an example of something that would make the whole flying experience less of a drag (partly because I'd read this thread)

His response: "Good in theory, but some of these companies aren't properly insured and BAA don't take responsibility for checking credentials."

I am *sure* that ACE is not a cowboy operator, but was just wondering how a punter is supposed to know!
latest report
DavidS, good question, wasn't knocking it. Let's see if Ace can reassure us!
latest report
Interestingly enough, I was nattering to one of the ACE guys while I waited for my car to arrive, and he was saying that BAA are very hostile to the meet'n'greets - charge them ridiculous rent if they want an office on-site, because BAA want people to use their own, expensive parking. Hence they have to wait off-site to the carpark and can't leave a pool of drivers at the airport. So I'd take the "they're not insured properly" comment with a pinch of salt - although I'm equally sure that DavidS is right and there are cowboys operating out there - you just have to check up on the company you book with - like any other company you'd buy a service from!

At the end of that day, ignoring the insurance factor, whether you want to use this sort of service depends very much on your attitude to your car. James is very protective of his, whereas I treat mine as a reliable little workhorse (or it was until I rolled it through a hedge two days ago - oops!) and don't have a problem with other people driving it - as long as they are either someone I know, or a professional whose job is to drive cars! Hence we took my car to the airport - and not his Happy

Ace, on the phoning '20 minutes before arrival thing' it would certainly be better to go with your suggestion of only having people phone if they're going to be late, though that does leave you open to turning up for people who aren't coming have forgotten to cancel their booking - but I think you'd take the money for that anyway (via credit card). The other problem with phoning 20 minutes before is that if I'm on my own in the car it means I have to pull over - or am I the only person with an antique mobile and no hands-free kit these days wink An alternative, if you keep the phoning in, would be to suggest where people should phone from, e.g. which Junction of the M25 (clockwise or anticlockwise), or places on other approach roads.
snow report
Thank you so much for your comments David, Cathy and Helen. ACE is very different to 95% of all meet and greets at Gatwick regarding insurance. As soon as we set foot in your car it is insured when we park the car up at our secured compound manned 24hours per day it is also insured and our liabilty. We pay near £45.000 per year for our insurance. I know a few companies which would say LEFT AT OWNERS RISK if there was any damage, as they are not covered to store your car. We are the only company that takes in the supercars Bentleys Ferraris Maserati's. And Helen you are right. The BAA looses millions per year on car parking revenues. It is not in there interest to help us in any way shape or form. What about a snowheads deal. 1. Pay at the airport cash or cheque. NO CREDIT CARDS. 2. No phoning only if your late. Once again thank you for all your comments. Kind regards Mark
snow conditions
I used ACE a couple of weeks ago when flying to Winter Park. I called once we'd turned off the M25 and had no problems. They mentioned that they may be a slight delay as they were very busy, which is to be expected on a saturday morning. I just left the car with them and off I went. I was parked just in front of a Bentley turbo so didn't have a problem with the thoughts of other people driving my car etc. If he can trust them so can I.
On the return journey we landed 45 mins late and I rang tham as we were entering the luggage reclaim. They said they'd get there in about 20 mins. Unfortunatley the skis took another 45 mins to turn up during which the driver called to ask how long we'd be after explaining he'd already been moved on once. My wife went down to collect the car while I waited for the ski's.
In all a great service. We payed £69 for the 13 days and the cheapest off site parking I found was £66 for the same period. No contest and I'll be using them again.
latest report
Returned to Gatwick yesterday having used ACE and had no problems either dropping the car off or picking up - great service.

Ace, any more news on a formal deal for Snowheads? When I booked, the woman who took my call had no idea what I was talking about and said that paying with cash or a cheque when dropping the car off sounded very suspicious.
snow conditions
Any more news on a Snowheads discount here? I'm off this weekend for a week and was wondering if anything had been formalised yet?
ski holidays
Does anyone have a telephone number for ACE parking ? Their website seems to be under construction at the moment !

Rgds

Rich
snow report
Hi Everyone our telephone number is 0871 9002175 Smile just mention you are members of Snowheads and we will give you a discount.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy