Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Patagonia shell jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Please help me a little if you can fellow snowheads... I'm trying to get a new Patagonia Powder Bowl Freeride jacket, size small, in the colour they call Willow Herb Green; this is a shell in fact, no insulation at all, and is dis-continued by Patagonia. I've had a pretty good look around the interweb, but no luck yet... Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?
Many thanks! AG.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome !!

This is a bit spooky - but I am also searching for a Powder Bowl Jacket ! (Cobalt Blue tho'..). I've searched and searched, cant find one...

If i see a Willow one will let you know..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://jackets.patagoniasale.net/mens-patagonia-powder-bowl-jacket-willow-herb-green_p271.html

Insulated (and no size info..)

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/patagoniapowderbowljacketmenwillowherbgreen-p-223400.html

again insulated
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.bergzeit.co.uk/patagonia-powderbowl-freeride-jacket-tumble-green-tumble-green-m/?utm_source=amazon-pads&utm_medium=cpc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/patagoniapowderbowljacketmenwillowherbgreen-p-223400.html

Willow Green in small - one left
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.backpacking-united.com/en/patagonia-powder-bowl-jacket-cobalt-blue?gclid=Cj0KEQjwi-moBRDL4Omf9d_LndMBEiQAQtFf8xksQonbpAyrncibFuzYfO8J9aOEOUyl_mv04szgXbYaAgVn8P8HAQ

in cobalt blue?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you'll need to contact this one to see what he has left

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PATAGONIA-MS-POWDER-BOWL-FREERIDE-JACKET-31401-UOMO/361074093059?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29666%26meid%3D06aafcacd62442c5815df8d180752c94%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D381093824312
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.backpacking-united.com/en/patagonia-powder-bowl-freeride-jacket-tumble-green

Right size - wrong colour !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sack the Juggler, The OP is looking for a 'Shell' jacket - the Telemark-Pyrenees link is to an 'insulated' one

And thanks for the 'backpacking-united.com' link.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
albob wrote:
@Sack the Juggler, The OP is looking for a 'Shell' jacket - the Telemark-Pyrenees link is to an 'insulated' one

think the telemark one is un-insulated?

Quote:
Patagonia Powder Bowl Jacket Men- Willow Herb Green

Patagonia make the Powder Bowl Jacket for the season-long chase of the perfect ride, wherever and whenever you might find it. Patagonia's most versatile hard shell for going anywhere in any condition, the Powder Bowl features a 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric for durably waterproof/breathable and windproof protection. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish increases wet-weather performance by sloughing saturated snow and icy rain. The torso lining uses a brushed polyester mesh to wick moisture; slick mesh in the arms glides more smoothly over underlayers; pit zips release heat on long posthole climbs. The removable, 2-way-adjustable, helmet-compatible hood has a laminated visor for optimal visibility. Other details include coated, watertight Slim Zips; cord lock adjustments at the hood and hem; a fully featured powder skirt (with webbing loop that attaches to any Patagonia® snow pants); an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector; and a progressive, highly articulated fit for dynamic motion. Pockets: two handwarmers, one chest with a secure media pocket and cable routing, one pass on the left forearm and two interior pockets (one drop in, one zippered stash).

Features :
Durable 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric for durably waterproof/ breathable and windproof protection; polyester mesh lining wicks away moisture.
Removable, helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; tall collar protects neck and face even with hood down.
Slim Zip installation with watertight coated zippers reduce bulk and weight.
Pit zips quickly release heat; low-profile cuff with pleated gusset secures over or under gloves.
Fully featured, adjustable powder skirt with webbing loop connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants.
Zippered pockets: two handwarmers; one chest with secure media pocket with cable routing; one pass on left forearm; one interior drop-in and one interior stash.
RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector embedded in back of neck.
2-layer, 156 g 150-denier 100% polyester GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: Torso: 100% brushed polyester mesh. Sleeves: 100% polyester mesh. Powder skirt and hood: 119 g 91% eco polyester and 9% spandex.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
albob wrote:

cobalt blue - small - at a clearance price - you may need to pay vat and duty on it. but its still a good price

http://www.campsaver.com/powder-bowl-freeride-jacket-men-s
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Sack the Juggler, Thanks agn -- will look into costs !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
would you believe it -- they do not ship to the UK due to restrictions imposed by the manufacturer !!!!!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
check that one in Italy on ebay - he has two left but doesn't say the size or colour
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
checked that - one brown, one green....

I'm eyeing one up on Ebay USA ..... Smile
snow report
Thank you albob and StJ, I got one! Turns out that the one at Telemark-Pyrenees (their last in stock - right size & colour), is not the insulated version but the shell - exactly what I'm wanting! And it will be winging its way to me very soon! Actually had a good phone chat with the key guy there, very helpful and knowledgeable. Good luck in finding your cobalt blue one albob, I'll keep an eye out for you. Thanks again guys, cheers!
latest report
@AG, Smile
ski holidays
AG wrote:
Thank you albob and StJ, I got one! Turns out that the one at Telemark-Pyrenees (their last in stock - right size & colour), is not the insulated version but the shell - exactly what I'm wanting! And it will be winging its way to me very soon! Actually had a good phone chat with the key guy there, very helpful and knowledgeable. Good luck in finding your cobalt blue one albob, I'll keep an eye out for you. Thanks again guys, cheers!
cool! snowHead
ski holidays
Just took delivery of this baby! Smile

£180 from Sportpursuit! Very Happy snowHead
latest report
@Sack the Juggler, so you're to blame for it being sold out...
ski holidays
I got the red colourway earlier in the year,@Sack the Juggler, nice jacket eh?
snow conditions
Very nice jacket, chaps. And Willow Herb Green sounds delightful.
snow report
@ernie, @rogg, its a great jacket, I'm very impressed with it.... in fact the only problem with it is that I wont be using it for skiing until next year Sad but I'd been looking at it for a while before it went onto SportPursuit, and for that price I couldn't not buy it snowHead
latest report
I just bought the Marmot Freerider shell jacket in Orange Haze from same source, absolutely love it, it is a stunning jacket, great features and looks like quality build. I'm a big fan of the Marmot stuff now. Same story though, not able to use it til next season, gutted!
snow conditions
Wore mine today to walk into work, feels nice Smile

Just realised I now have about half a dozen marmot jackets - think its time for a clear out! :0
snow report
I wore mine in Canada this year. Two weeks of daily use and it felt great. It breathed much better than previous (non shell) jackets. No issues at all.
snow conditions
Mmm, that Marmot jacket is clearly a great bit of kit... enjoy it! My Patagonia equivalent should be on its way to me now Happy
snow conditions
It is good. I do also have a Patagonia jacket, it's about 6 years old now and still going strong apart from a bit of an incident with a pointy tree branch, great quality and very durable. The only other jacket I have is an Analog jacket, which has a huge AG on the front (about 14" tall). Maybe they're your initials?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy