Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Chamonix Valley 2012/13 snow report

Poster: A snowHead
It begins Wink

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking very promising! snowHead

Has CdMB released the early-bird discounted season pass for non-residents? I didn't get one last year due to injury, so won't get the email.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zero-G, Yes. There is an early early one if you had one last year which saves an extra 20-30 euro plus the normal early one.

Link here

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/gp2012
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jbob, ta - pass will be purchased!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

office window today

Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob wrote:
Zero-G, Yes. There is an early early one if you had one last year which saves an extra 20-30 euro plus the normal early one.

Link here

this is the link if you have the residents card http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/gdp2012
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
midgetbiker wrote:
jbob wrote:

Link here

this is the link if you have the residents card http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/gdp2012

Last year we bought some early early in names that hadn't had a pass the year before, so i think the extra €20-30 is to do with timing rather than renewal. Could well be wrong on this as i find the buying process and site hideously unintuitive.

Does anyone know if the 3 stage payment option is available again this year? Certainly helps when your giving them €2k+
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
midgetbiker, last season was the first season that I didn't buy a season pass, so it looks like I have to wait a wee bit and pay the extra €30. Bit poo but still better than paying fully price.

Idris, your pic and caption raised a lot of confusing emotions: envy, awe, hate.... damn!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zero-G, I think Idris posted that one just to stir you up again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I so wish I could move to the Alps Neutral
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
midgetbiker wrote:
Zero-G, I think Idris posted that one just to stir you up again.

Well it worked, didn't it. I only went and booked the whole bloody season Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
More new clothing arrived from Flylow today and I'm chuckin' €2k at the Compagne d MB tomorrow. I can almost smell the snow!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
got locked out of my old SH account so my first post...again!....

midgetbiker, yes I believe there is still the 3 stage payment, the subject came up on chamsocial the other day Smile

That snowlines creaping down the hill as well, its melted lower down but was below the treeline yesterday morning, about 1600 i reckon Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Now much lighter of pocket - however can 100% confirm the 3 stage option (50% now/25% 10th Jan/25% 10th Feb) so that's something.
ski holidays
Hey, happy birthday midgetbiker! Nice little present to yourself then: new kit and season passes Very Happy
latest report
Zero-G, thanks for the HB

your comments above about having to wait and pay more because you didn't buy last year:

I'm pretty sure that if you used the link and bought before the 14th Oct there is no restriction on it being a renewal. I just did a dummy run and hit no such snags, before i had to bail as i was in danger of buying another pass.

Certainly whilst I was buying the Gen du Pays annual pass there was a question about whether it was a renewal but the only effect of saying non was a note that you had to send a pic by email whereas you didn't if you answered oui.

Have a crack nothing ventured nothing gained and you only have to stick 50% on the plastic now.
ski holidays
midgetbiker, I tried but logged into my account first and when I tried to buy it I got some message that I wasn't eligible. Suppose I could try again without logging in.
ski holidays
I have also tried to purchase the Chamonix Season pass on the Super Promo Rate today. I did not have a pass last year.

I get an error message when I try to go to the checkout. "Please correct the following errors: Not possible to buy a season pass". Does anyone know if this means I cannot buy today at the Super Promo rate?

Does anyone know when they go on general sale and the cost?
ski holidays
jsrt201, looks like Zero-G was right and if you didn't buy last year you can't get the extra extra discount. If so don't worry it was only slightly cheaper than the general pre season discount which is available 27th Oct to 30th Nov. During that period you still seem to get in excess of 40% off, with the pre 14th Oct only getting you about another 3or4%
snow conditions
I don't see why (although we just renewed, and are residence secondaire) but can't you just say you did have a pass?
latest report
under a new name, I've also renewed on the residents card, and didn't see why you needed to have been a buyer last year, I assumed the extra bit of discount was just for paying before the 14th. But both Zero-G & jsrt201 have reported that they have been bounced out of the buying process so i thought mt assumptions must be wrong.

Thinking about this though: Last year I bought residents passes during double discount, the year before I had regular early pay passes BUT I definitely was not asked about them when I came to buy my residents pass during the early early period. So unless things have changed since last year (entirely possible) then it should work.
snow report
midgetbiker, That said, the website is complete crap... Maybe they just got randomly bounced.
ski holidays
under a new name, midgetbiker, Yes the website is crap - I resorted to going to the office in person last week to get pass.
snow report
Yesterday (11th October)

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151264716777174&set=a.10151264715797174.520538.511777173&type=1&theater[/img]

if you need more

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151264715797174.520538.511777173&type=3
ski holidays
Idris wrote:
under a new name, midgetbiker, Yes the website is crap - I resorted to going to the office in person last week to get pass.

French websites in general (internet banking, ecommerce, etc) seem to be poor and several years behind US/UK sites. Or is it just me?
snow conditions
Great pics Tom!
snow conditions

Sunday morning snow Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't nice cold photos give you a nice warm glow! Very Happy
snow report
Anniepen, they do indeed! Just looked at the webcams and it looks like the town has had a wee dusting snowHead

According to my countdown widget, not much longer till I start my season:

ski holidays
Powder turns available in Cham

A close up of the action.

This was Andreas Franson and friend tracks, not me, I took the photo from the Office Window.
snow conditions
that is crazy, i did look up yesterday and think it was looking nice and white. i didn't now it had been skiied.

i wonder how the route out was. hardwork?
snow conditions
From his Instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/RXt11gJqO7/
ski holidays
Zero-G wrote:
Anniepen, they do indeed! Just looked at the webcams and it looks like the town has had a wee dusting snowHead

According to my countdown widget, not much longer till I start my season:

nice widget!

All the snow at town level has disapeared now but its still white on the hill side. The foen's whipping up as well, getting windy as hell (not hurrcane like as in June but its really blowing!)
ski holidays
More snow in les Houches this morning

snow conditions
Meteo Chamonix suggesting big dump Tuesday, another suggesting 60cm+ Very Happy
snow report
First tracks in les Houches

Plenty of room for fresh tracks

latest report
That's looking very promising!
snow report
Yesterday we got some blue sky

Heading up

heading down

ski holidays
Looking good......can't wait to get back to the valley
Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy