Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best catered chalet experience by company

Poster: A snowHead
Sack the Juggler wrote:
that does look like an excellent chalet, but if you had paid full price for it, you would have expected it to be all that Smile

I've paid similar for other holidays with Crystal which may have been in better locations but the accommodation, food, drink and service was far inferior. Put it like this, even at full price there is a fair to good chance I'll be going with Mountain Heaven again next year. I appreciate it's maybe a wee bit steep for some people's budgets, but each to their own!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobalexander1983 wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
that does look like an excellent chalet, but if you had paid full price for it, you would have expected it to be all that Smile

I've paid similar for other holidays with Crystal which may have been in better locations but the accommodation, food, drink and service was far inferior. Put it like this, even at full price there is a fair to good chance I'll be going with Mountain Heaven again next year. I appreciate it's maybe a wee bit steep for some people's budgets, but each to their own!

Their other chalets seem much more reasonably priced, the one you were in seems to be a cut above the norm - anyone know if this is true or if they are all that good? Also not sure of their locations in their respective resorts, anyone know if any are ski in / ski out?

Might give them a go myself Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Over the years I've always had brilliant service from Meriski, but a friend sais that this place wasn't too shabby:

http://www.elysiancollection.com/en/chalet-les-anges/

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Their other chalets seem much more reasonably priced, the one you were in seems to be a cut above the norm - anyone know if this is true or if they are all that good? Also not sure of their locations in their respective resorts, anyone know if any are ski in / ski out?

Might give them a go myself Very Happy

I think their chalets in Le Praz are the newest and by all accounts are their 'signature' properties. Both le Praz Chalets (next door to each other, one sleeps 16 and one 8, with shared hot tub and spa) were across the road and what I assume is the village green from the bubble up to 1850 (maybe 150 yards door to door).

I think their properties in general tend to be in smaller, quieter resorts within massive linked areas, with more focus on quality time spent at the chalet without being miles away from lift hub/resort centre. It's the first holiday I've been on since my first that wasn't ski in/ski out, which I've always considered of paramount importance, but to be honest a hundred metres or so didn't really bother me. The rest of our chalet and the larger chalet next door were a group of about 20 doctors in their late 20's who were more enthusiastic about nightlife than me or my fiancee and they seemed fairly happy with the offerings in resort. As an aside on this, the hosts were pretty good at leaving a couple of extra bottles of wine out at the end of dinner if we were planning on sitting having a conversation around the table after dinner.

I suppose it depends on what kind of holiday you're after, but if good accommodation, food and wine take precedence over ten hours of apres ski for you these days, they're probably right up your street.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went to Morzine with Ski Morzine last Christmas and despite the very poor snow conditions we had a great time. The room was huge compared to some we've had in the past and we had gourmet style food all week. The staff too were great; friendly and very helpful
Would certainly use again.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
VIP, in a heartbeat. We've been with them maybe ten times now and I can't fault them

We went with ski beat this year, the childcare and food were both v good, but overall, they were nowhere near as good as VIP and despite them being cheaper, for our one sacred week on the slopes, I'll pay the extra and go with VIP in the future
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Magic in La Tania. Incredible for the price, especially if you use their childcare. Been with them twice. Would do so again with zero hesitation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from a brilliant late season week in Les Menuires. Actually we weren't in Les Menuires itself but in Reberty 2000, a more recent "suburb" which is higher and altogether nicer. We stayed in Powder N Shine's Chalet Le Chamois - http://www.powdernshine.com/the-chalets/ The chalet was in a perfect location - on the side of a well connected piste and adjacent to the best bar/restaurant in the area (Le Ferme du Reberty). Accommodation great and the service was excellent but the quality of the food and wine was what really impressed. Chef Colin had previously worked in a Michelin starred restaurant and it showed in everything he put on the table. Even the canapés were brilliant. Powder N Shine make a point of recruiting professional chefs for their chalets and compared to my previous experiences of chalets with "cooks" the difference is well worth a bit of extra cost. After some poor experiences with catered chalets in the past we usually stay in Austrian 4-star hotels, but for a late season break next year there's a very high chance I'll be back in this Chalet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Valkyrie - just out of interest - did you find the quantity (not quality) of food - (dinners) to be sufficient?
In other words - were the evening meals fullfilling after a days skiing??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dippy, value for money is always a factor for us. I guess it is for just about everyone- except for those of us lucky enough to not really have an issue about the price of a ski holiday at all at which point the 'experience' can be measured only against itself rather than anything as vulgar as the price. Sadly I've never had that.

Over the years we have had experience of;

Bladon Lines- Zermatt sometime around the dawn of time- probably 1993: Price no pricey really, accommodation- OK -central, food- ok, staff- went on strike / left whilst we were there (not because of us), wine - cheap. VFM- fair.

Ski World Meribel les Allules- a long time ago- early- mid 1990s: price- cheap, accommodation- cheap, food- cheap, staff- awful, wine can't remember. VFM - YGWYPF.

Ski World le Contamines (Max's Farm) a slightly less long time ago mid 1990's: price cheap (very cheap- a last minute offer), accommodation- fantastic, food- fantastic, staff- fantastic, wine- can't remember. VFM- fantastic. (Can't believe we went back with ski world but glad we did)

Crystal Whistler late 1990's: price- fair, accommodation- not central but very nice, food- fantastic, staff fantastic, wine can't remember. VFM- VG.

Crystal Chamonix 2001: price fairish, accommodation- OK, food not so good, staff - OKish, wine can't remember. VFM- OK

Mark Warner various in Val D'Ispair / Tignes early noughties: price- depends Early Jan or late April cheap, accommodation- a bit rusty, food- generally OK but can be variable, staff generally good some not so some more so, wine not as good as it should be.VFM- varies Early Jan- late April- good, Peak weeks- poor. We haven't been back for years- and probably never will.

Ski Esprit various 2001 - 2011 (Chamonix twice, la Rossiere, Peisey, Arcs 2000, Obergurgul also summer in Sass Fee x 2): price fairish some mega last minute bargains, some quite pricey for me standard deals, accommodation- variable some old and decrepit, some very nice indeed. Food variable- Chalet Hotels- generally very good with some excellence especially for dessert, standard chalet variable, wine better than most- AOC and quite quaffable in Chamonix. Staff generally good but all childcare staff excellent. Our kids loved it. VFM- the facts speak for themselves.

Ski Total- Courcheval 1850 Chalet Hotel 2012 last minute deal: price very fair for Feb half term, accommodation - very nice, food very good fantastic spread for afternoon tea which my now 13 yr old boy still reminisces about, wine very good, staff good. VFM- at the price we paid VG.

Mountain Sun- Tignes 2014: price- very reasonable, accommodation- cheerful, food- plentiful- wine drinkable, staff - all excellent / super-fantastic even the dog. VFM- hard to beat- I'd go back tomorrow.

Go-alpine Peisey 2003- ongoing: price- reasonable, accommodation- very nice indeed / idyllic, food excellent, wine decent AOC, staff- fantastic. VFM- we go back every year.

Also some others which I can't quite remember- for some strange reason- definitely went to Serre Chevalier, Val D'Isere and some other place with some other chalet companies but can't remember any of the details- generally rather erm rustic Chalet Hotels serving interesting food.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've always found VIP excellent.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a couple of lunches at the VIP chalet in Les Gets at the Chavannes area right at the end of the season, along with our daughter, son in law and their two small children. Daughter had a good look round, spoke to some people staying there and chatted to the staff and she thought it was a very good set up - and would like to stay there - if they were not able to stay with us in our chalet down the road with the catering and childcare sorted out - by us.
But she has friends who she will tell about it - and we thought that considering the staff were on their last few days of working they had lost no enthusiasm for good service - this is a chalet that has some areas that are open to the public during the day. The food was very good. And the in house nannies seemed good and caring.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dippy, the food wasn't as massively plentiful as it generally is with an Austrian hotel half board but there was always enough to fill us up. Continental breakfast with a different hot thing most days, cake, bread and butter/jam at about 4pm and a 3 course meal plus cheese if you wanted it. I love cheese but never really had room for it. So yes, plenty food.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Valkyrie - thanks for the reply - we have used them - I loved them - but some of the men in our party just did not find the food to be sufficient in quantity - and they are honestly NOT large/overweight big eaters!
I would love to persuade them to give PnS another try - but could only do this if the main evening meal produced a bit more in the way of quantity for them.

I hope this thread continues as I will find it very usefull when booking later in the year!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have stayed with 'The Chalet Company' in Meribel for the past two seasons now. The service through from the sales team to the team in resort was seamless and very personal. Decent prices, very good accommodation and lovely food. What is there to complain about?
snow conditions
Hello all

Dont see anything mentioned for Ski Hame at La Tania. We are a group heading over in March. Any reviews please? Smile
latest report
@GixerGirl, Spam springs to mind as its a thread form 2015, resurrected by a new member Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@GixerGirl I've stayed with Ski Hame in Meribel (Les Allues) and it was fine, but not the best chalet (in terms of value for money) I've stayed in. In La Tania I think they offer flexible duration of stays, rather than full weeks, which could be handy and they're the only people in the area doing that as far as I know. I would definitely use them again, but if staying in La Tania then I highly recommend Snow Retreat.
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@GixerGirl, Spam springs to mind as its a thread form 2015, resurrected by a new member Toofy Grin

Nothing misses your radar, Radar Toofy Grin I didnt notice that it dated back to 2015. Embarassed Smile
snow report
kieranm wrote:
In La Tania I think they offer flexible duration of stays, rather than full weeks, which could be handy and they're the only people in the area doing that as far as I know. I would definitely use them again, ...

That's exactly what we are doing, the short break thing. Thanks for getting back to me. Very Happy
ski holidays
Best chalet holiday was with SkiWorld in Aspen USA. Very upmarket large log cabin style chalet with outside hot tub. The chalet hosts were excellent and the food several grades above the norm.

It was some years back and when I had a look to see if it was still on their books it looks like Skiworld have seriously scaled back their US chalets with only two showing up.
snow conditions
@ed123, wow - we must have met in one of these places. My Bladon Lines experience in Zermatt mirrors yours, but was 1984, Ski Esprit, MW, Ski Total all OK over the years - but always return to Cathy and Mark at Go-Alpine since they arrived in Himalaya in 200x? Don't tell anyone!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy