Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortovox S1+ recall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received this from Ortovox. Just for info for anyone who might have missed it/changed email address etc.

====================================

Dear ORTOVOX customer,

we hereby inform you that the S1+ avalanche transceiver you received is being recalled.

Individual feedback after search training and intensive follow-up inspections have shown that in very rare cases, a disturbance can occur in the transmission function in the ORTOVOX S1+ avalanche transceiver. The reason for this is the possible failure of a component.
In order to eliminate any risk for our customers, we have decided on a precautionary recall so that the affected component can be replaced. The S1+ devices affected by the recall may no longer be used without the required component being replaced.

Despite our comprehensive quality control measures, we have now discovered a scenario that has never occurred before in our QA processes.
Our examinations have shown that in rare cases, a component can fail after an indeterminate period of use. Until now this error could not be detected when installing components, despite 100% comprehensive quality control.

SOLUTION
The component can only be replaced at the ORTOVOX service point. All necessary information about the recall can be found on our website: www.ortovox.com/recall-s1plus.
In addition to our website, you can also contact us at recall@ortovox.com and on +49-89-66674-215.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Your ORTOVOX team
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nemesys, important info.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I get error message when I try to open the link. Which production year is affected? I have a s1 plus, but it's a few years old. There was a recall back then too, but only certain serial numbers were affected.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try this one http://www.ortovox.com/4875--handling_recall.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UK distributors:

http://www.noblecustom.co.uk/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Couple of points worth mentioning:

Which devices are affected?
This precautionary recall applies exclusively to the ORTOVOX S1+ model of avalanche transceiver. All other ORTOVOX avalanche transceivers are unaffected. Its predecessor, the ORTOVOX S1, is likewise unaffected.

The recall is being handled via the Ortovox Website, as mentioned above, Noble are coordinating the shipment back to the German Service centre so its best not to send your S1+ back to the retailer, the details will be handled via the recall form on the link above.

Any one with any worries feel free to contact me direct via the email address on my website, not via snowhead IM !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anybody got their's back yet?

Sent mine off at the end of April when I got back from the EOSB. After missing earlier estimates the latest date Ortovox have given me for it's return is mid November, so hopefully in time for the PSB.

I'm guessing the recall has been more of a problem than they anticipated.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hardly! They wouldn't issue a recall unless they knew exactly what the problem was and how to fix it. I guess it's more of an issue of consolidating work and/or shipping to save costs.

I'd suggest that six months is an excessive time to wait. Give them a deadline and insist that they return the fixed transceiver or provide a replacement for you to use.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy