Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

An alt for summertime? Freebording

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know, I know, the 'next snowboarding' comes up all the time, but this is the first time i've ever seen one of these things and gone "Woah, tell me a bit more...".

First things first, TRY to ignore the fact its missing an 'a' from its name... Difficult, I know. This is Freebording. Described on their website as "Extremely Dangerous" (what a hook!) its a 6 wheel skateboard which mimics the action of snowboarding off snow, using two centreline wheels acting as the snowboard base, the four outer wheels acting at the edge.

http://youtube.com/v/8DE8244piLk

http://youtube.com/v/muB-LVF8haQ

So thoughts? Yes, I know it's a fast-pass to the fracture clinic, but c'mon... it does look pretty cool.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It certainly looks like fun but (please excuse my ignorance here!) how does an extra couple of wheels make it different to a skateboard?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The centre wheels pivot 360 degrees (like a caster) and are bigger than the outer wheels allowing you to put the thing 'on edge' and as it were, like a snowboard.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These look brilliant - incredibility dangerous, and I would feel far too old to be riding a skateboard (as every person looking at me would assume I was doing), but brilliant fun.

Just don't know where you could ride them in the UK on nice downhill tarmacked roads like that without traffic being a major consideration - maybe the Yorkshire Moors or the Scottish Highlands?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like a longboard which is easier to slide... there have been various attempts at that sort of thing. I would guess that this may work the opposite way to a snowboard though - the more you lean, the more you use the conventional wheels, so you need to be on the centre line to slide it, perhaps. I'm not sure I'd consider that a plus, but it all depends how you snowboard I guess. Sliding it to a stop looks straight forward.

I wonder if the word "free" is not a bit past the sell by date.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been around for at least 15 years!

Haven't tried one. Tried a Dirtsurfer, those are good fun!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I quite like the look of it. Has anyone on here tried one?

Might have to see if there's o a second hand one kicking about anywhere.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy