Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year 15/16 Solo Skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, I'm very new to this and looking around I might be totally jumping the gun but I was looking for ideas next New Year as i know that time of year always gets booked up pretty quickly. However i have no one interested to go with me for next year and so i'll be a solo skier. are there any solo skiers looking at booking or should I hold out a little while? I'm female, 28, intermediate skier, I don't snore but apparently I talk in my sleep...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @jojo86,

Welcome to snowHeads.

I've used these guys in the past, including for New Year in both Chamonix and Morzine:

http://www.coldfusionchalets.co.uk/

They're set up for solo travellers. You just buy a bed and they pair you up with someone.

No prices for next season yet, but be warned that the New Year week seems to be their most expensive of the whole year, I think over £900 this season (including breakfast/tea/dinner/wine and transfer but not your flights to Geneva).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to SHs, @jojo86. snowHead You could look at the holidays in UCPA centres in France, marketed in the UK by Action Outdoors. Terrific value, all inclusive prices, good quality of instruction, lots of company for skiing and apres. If you do a search on UCPA here on snowheads there are lots of enthusiastic reports.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did UCPA solo last new year, went to la plagne, fantastic! Probably going solo this new year too!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jojo86, I'm happy to recommend singlesports.com, I've travelled with them to Cervinia (Italy), Kaprun (Austria) and Winter Park (USA) all in the last 12 months. Check out the website below for details and testimonials. Although I'm male and in my forties, many of the guests are female and of an intermediate standard... I couldn't possibly comment on whether or not any of them talk in their sleep however wink

http://www.singlesport.com/

Good luck for next season snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello jojo86,

Did you manage to get anything sorted/planned for New Years, or are you still looking?

I am looking to plan something myself, although looking at the first week of January as opposed to the Xmas/New Years week. I'm female, 36, boarder, who's desperate to see snow following an 11 year lapse!! The UCPA centres are looking favourable Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

I'm looking for something over Dec - Jan. Hoping to negotiate a few weeks off work so looking for ideas.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello JoJo and Becca,
Just saw your post. I have booked Christmas week (19-26-dec-15) at UCPA Chamonix. See my post "Chamonix - Christmas week at UCPA - looking for skiing companions".
If you can make Christmas week and join me that would be fabulous. I have gone twice with UCPA, and it was great experience. I'm 35 yrs old intermediate skier.
Get in touch and we can chat about options.
Best wishes, Sol.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@solvis718, I've sent you a PM Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy