Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Access to VT from Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of staying at Reberty, so I think near Bruyeres lift.

Does my memory serve me right, in that it makes it pretty easy to get into VT from there? I'm guessing we would need to download back in the evening too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bruyeres bubble to the top, turn right and you're heading straight for VT. To get back, take the boulevard Cumin to the bottom of the Masse. Then the Reberty or Doron chair will take you back. You shouldn't need to download unless all the snow melts.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes we stayed in les bruyeres last night and you can ski back to there but not too much lower.

Yesterday you were able to ski to the bottom of the lift called reberty.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
t40ora, depending on where you are in Reberty you will be either able to get the Bruyeres bubble to the top and ski into VT. Are you going in the near future or next season? If this you could always download on the bottom section of the Bruyeres bubble or ski down the track from VT, which seems to stay open until the end and then either get the Reberty or Doron chairs and ski back into Reberty.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. @stevew, we are looking to book for next weekend.

Being squeezed by poor conditions in many places - and those that are good (Zermatt) are blaaaaahdy expensive!

@andy1234, @marcellus, thanks. We don't mind downloading if we've had a long, god day up high - but getting back in on planks is best!

Looking to stay in Chalet Maurienne or Brigit, both of which say they are in the Reberty area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@t40ora, are those the Ski Olympic chalets? If so you have other options, you can ski down to the Sunny chair to head over to the other Les Menuires areas or Meribel, you can also then take the Monte de la Chambre chair to the same place as the top of the Bruyeres.

Stopped in Maurienne if Ski Olympic and very nice and great position near the piste and next to the Ferme.

Have fun
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stevew, that's the one. Nice to get a first hand review of the chalet, as it sounds nice. Not sure how good conditions are likely to be in Meribel, but figure that VT and Orelle should give us a good week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of the resorts we've been to in the past weeks, in my personal opinion of the snow coditions heres my order;
- les deux alpes
- val thorens
- alpe d'huez
- courchevel
- meribel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@t40ora, That's a cracking location for a late season break - high up above Les Menuires you'll be able to ski home no worries
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers @red 27, just trying to find a chalet now. Looks like we missed the Olympicski one so after something in the same location.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@t40ora, skiweekends have a couple places up there - cheap and cheerful but ok. Romeo and Juliet or something like that they're called. in the same street as the Olympic places
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having a look now....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And nothing!

The search continues.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@t40ora, I see Chalet Anthony (not Romeo lol) available for 4 days from Thursday 2nd April for £727 - no good?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Given that Les M is going to be at or below the snowline for all the forecast precipitation next week - you would be well advised to look further up the hill - unless you have a desperate desire to stop in Reberty.
ski holidays
We can't travel on the 2nd, and we need a full week! Or maybe more.
ski holidays
@t40ora, ah - right gotcha. Good luck
latest report
@chocksaway, we are looking in VT too. Any other suggestions?
snow report
There's quite a bit of availability in Tignes (where I am currently sat at2100m) with Total, Skiworld, Skival all at around £500-550 for a weeks catered chalet /chalethotel travel inc for 4/5 April
snow report
Only been there once, this January, and the conditions were pretty rubbish. So we'd discounted in for this month. Forecast looking good?
snow conditions
Check the webcams - conditions in January were pretty rubbish everywhere in this part of France - and really are irrelevant for a booking next week (IMHO). We are expecting snow this week but occasionally sleet and maybe the odd shower of rain. Wealso have 30cm more on the ground than Les M (according to SCGB website).
ski holidays
Looks to be about 50cm forecast during this week in Tignes, but over 100cm in VT. Not sure if Tignes is looking better than VT? Better base up high in VT, but to be honest I don't know if that actually means anything? Just being a twice a year traveller I'm not really au fait with what is important in terms of indicating a good trip.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, OK - looking at Tignes Very Happy
latest report
Val T is only 36km south west of Tignes - and given the weather next week is coming form the north west I wouldn't place too much store on snow amounts - they are generated by a computer programme - the weather is not that digital! You will have a good hol in either - availability may be the most important factor.
snow conditions
Thanks @chocksaway. I really do need to figure out a way to do a whole season. Not just to maximise the ski time and actually build some skills, but to get a true perspective or the region and how everything links together. My brain struggles with piste maps and I have no idea, until I'm on it, if a slope is North or south facing!!

I think that you are right in terms of availability. We are waiting to talk to some people about LM, but after that I think Tignes will have the most options for us.

Have a great day out on the piste today! We're supposed to be doing a 20 - 25 mile training walk (for a charity event in July) but the weather has put us off!
ski holidays
Just booked Tignes. Chalet Giorgio, very near Chaudanne and Le Paquis apparently.

I think that this means we will be sat at 1850 meters; as we are only 50m from the lifts, if I need to download on the way home it won't be too much of a problem.

Permission to get properly excited?
ski holidays
I've booked a few days in VT from the 15th April. Never been this late in the season. When we arrive I'll decide on the lift pass... Local or full area. I'm guessing local.

Snow cover is a worry but after all of that... I'm not at work. I'll go and enjoy whatever snow is left and know that it's 100x better than a dome or laying round a pool getting fat. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I'll try to remember to post at the end of my week!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@t40ora, Oh No - had t look that one up as its brand new this year. Turns out I have been looking at it all season from my patio door! So you are at 2100 metres (or maybe even a few more wink ). very convenient for skiing (and you are right about Paquis and Chaudanne) but quiet on a night. I would very much doubt you will have to down load - unless of course you need a rest.
latest report
Huzzah! Just the ticket! £1100/p/week down to £553. Bargain! Are you still out there next week? If so I'll buy you a beer for your encouragement to Go Tignes �☺Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Yeah - I'll be here - I've just taken this photo for the Tignes thread - where I post every day. Your chalet is between the right hand chimney on the hotel and the separation panel on the balcony. Its not lookin good in lower resorts though wink

ski holidays
Ah pants. Looks like we'll have to suffer.... Very Happy
ski holidays
And they have now sold out - bet they were wishing the discounts weren't that big......
snow conditions
Toofy Grin I think that we took the last room.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy