Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Major New Air Bag effectiveness study

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From Anea

The results of our analysis conclude that airbags significantly reduce mortality in severe avalanche accidents, but that the effect is weaker than had been reported until now.

and findings

- 100 victims not equipped with airbags, seriously involved in similar avalanches to those included in the data set of the analysis, 22 died and 78 survived because they have not suffered fatal injuries, have not buried following the discharge or were found and cleared in time.

- About 100 people equipped with an inflated airbag, only 11 died.

In other words, 11 additional victims have survived through the airbag: half of the deaths could have been avoided. These effects are significant, but they are not as important as previously thought (-11 points, against 16 points in the study Brugger et al., 2007).
In addition, mortality among airbags users is significantly higher than previously reported (11% against 3% of the study Brugger et al., 2007). Although the difference is partly due to the fact that our analysis focuses on larger avalanche accidents involving multiple victims, it clearly shows that airbags are not a guarantee of survival in all circumstances. Although all the victims in all presented data had an inflated airbag, one victim reportedly died on 9.

More here http://www.anena.org/7601-efficacite-des-airbags-avalanche.htm or if you want to read in English go here
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You do , of course need an airbag for it to help

Shame that my 2 ABS out of action virtually all season.

I discovered the first recall on our bags when one bag deployed internally tearing the bag apart.

I have 3 unanswered emails from ABS relating to this recall.

The second recall, now well publisized, resulted in a further 3 unanswered emails and my bags being unavailble from mid december to late march
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonathan Bell, have you contacted the guys at Noble Sports UK ?

We managed to sort ourselves out without having to send bags away, which was the last thing we wanted to do as we're out for the season, by test firing with a spare cyclinder(s), then getting those replaced. Did help that the guys from Noble came out with spares to the ski test in Austria. Though know mates who have sorted themselves out with them in the UK.

But it was a massive mess.

Though if you want to ruin a Frenchies (insert whatever country / nationality you happen to be in) day, on seeing a said Freerider etc with an ABS bag start a conversation up about the recall, most I've done this with have had no idea about the whole debacle!

Interestingly, I found out about the above article via Club Alpine Briancon (my local club) on their FB page - though when I've been out with them in the past no one has worn an ABS, however after the tragedy in the Queyras with another local club loosing six and our area having many other incidents this season then maybe times are a changing ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there any research yet into avilung effectiveness?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've discussed this study in the autumn on Snowheads.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112899

It was originally written in English, then translated in French by the ANENA. Here is a link to the original

http://beaconreviews.com/transceivers/pdfs/TAR-2014-09-Vol33-No1-Airbags.pdf
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bit of a niche available for anyone who can a) manufacture and sell airbags and b) understand customer service, then...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy