Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UPDATE: Shop loses my skis(!) - advice sought

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
adithorp wrote:
All's well that ends well... though, I think you deserve some chocolates as well, seeing as they've set a precedent over on the "security tag thread" wink

FIFY
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Funny that, sounds like if you are living in 'Middlesex' its the same branch frequented by us. I don't like the set up at their door and I have expressed it to their manager too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scrumpy, Ta.I knew it wasn't right but was having a spelling brain freeze.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@abj,

Insist the voucher has NO expiry date so if you need to wait till next season to use it you can.

£50 is about the min to be a reasonable offer. Could have been better but not a kick in the teeth so if it was me I would accept the voucher as long as no expiry on it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Until they change their lax treatment of other peoples' property, we could organise a "voucher obtaining scam" by 'borrowing' skis on a regular basis. Very Happy Maybe they might see the light....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abc wrote:
davidhammy wrote:
What a balls up, I am sure they didn't mean it but on the subject of replacement, would the shop not have a case if they refunded the amount the skis were worth at the time rather than replacing them with new skis? That's what happened when someone ploughed into my car, the insurance company sent me a cheque for the value of the car at the time of the accident.

I hope this gets sorted quick and you get your skis back.

They would.

But then no one will ever leave their skis for service in that shop if they have to worry about only getting a small cheque when they come to collect it.

Is it safe to assume you don't own a business that has customers? Wink

Your assumption would be entirely unsafe!! It was just a thought, something that occurred to me, it wasn't my opinion.

Would it be safe to assume this isn't your first assumption Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidhammy wrote:

Your assumption would be entirely unsafe!! It was just a thought, something that occurred to me, it wasn't my opinion.

A "thought" that isn't an "opinion"...

I think it would be quite safe to assume you don't have any opinions then. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great news!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
speed098 wrote:
We had well over 6k of bikes stolen a few years ago. Everyone thought I was mad keep searching the internet but a year down the road found my MTB. and got that back. I am hopeful of eventually finding my De Rosa road bike but not the other two bikes as they are more common. So never give up on the search.
I had my track bike stolen but found it on eBay 7 days later. The police picked it up for me and nailed the perp. Who had obviously been unable to ride the thing. I'm not sure who they expected to buy it.

... But how about in a no fault case (someone crashes into back of you) ...
I had a driver run into the back of me on my road bike... I think you'll find that on the road running into things tends to put you in a very weak position if you're trying to avoid liability. He was lucky to avoid jail.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abc wrote:
davidhammy wrote:

A "thought" that isn't an "opinion"...

I think it would be quite safe to assume you don't have any opinions then. wink

We may have gotten off on the wrong foot but there is a fairly fundamental difference between a thought and an opinion.

I thought the shop may have a position that effected the poor guys recompense, I made no comment as to whether I agreed.

After this exchange, I most certainly have an opinion!!

I am jesting of course!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
philwig wrote:
speed098 wrote:
We had well over 6k of bikes stolen a few years ago. Everyone thought I was mad keep searching the internet but a year down the road found my MTB. and got that back. I am hopeful of eventually finding my De Rosa road bike but not the other two bikes as they are more common. So never give up on the search.

I had my track bike stolen but found it on eBay 7 days later. The police picked it up for me and nailed the perp. Who had obviously been unable to ride the thing. I'm not sure who they expected to buy it.

... But how about in a no fault case (someone crashes into back of you) ...
I had a driver run into the back of me on my road bike... I think you'll find that on the road running into things tends to put you in a very weak position if you're trying to avoid liability. He was lucky to avoid jail.

I found my MTB went round and confirmed it was mine, left phoned police and in the end had to threaten them to even get them to go round. All they where was a glorified collection service. The guy said who he had bought the bike from and that person said they had bought it on a carboot. I have no idea how much he said he paid on a carboot but the other guy said he paid £100 and was trying to sell it for £150, The police just accepted he had bought it on a carboot and would do nothing more.
I hope eventually to find the road bike and would love it to be traced back to one of these two people because I would sue the police for everything I could.
I was left with the feeling that it would be better to ignore the police get a few heavy's and go round and get my property back, and that it would have more effect at reducing theft.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidhammy wrote:

We may have gotten off on the wrong foot but there is a fairly fundamental difference between a thought and an opinion.

I thought the shop may have a position that effected the poor guys recompense, I made no comment as to whether I agreed.

We probably did (got off on the wrong foot).

I happen to agree with that "thought" of yours. And I expressed it not as a thought but an opinion, meaning I gave it more than a fraction of a second of rational thought before posting it.

However, it's a position no shop would take despite it being a convenient and least costly one. That is, if they care about their reputation.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
speed098 wrote:

I was left with the feeling that it would be better to ignore the police get a few heavy's and go round and get my property back, and that it would have more effect at reducing theft.

One of my clubmate did something of that sort.

But instead of sending some "heavies" over, he offered to buy the bike at an attractive price, straddled the bike "to see if it's too big", pushed off the ground and rode away (without paying)!

The thief was in no position to challenge the owner/thief.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy