Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eddie the Eagle to hit the screens

Poster: A snowHead
filmings going on at the moment and Hugh Jackman is in the film, though funnily enough hes not portraying our intrepid flyer Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

should be a good fun film, especially if they include some of his more bizzare anecdotes!!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iskar wrote:

Blimey, he must have been going fast!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
altis wrote:
iskar wrote:

Blimey, he must have been going fast!

Not really. The problem is why would anyone sponsor Eddie to attempt the screen jumping world record. You just know he will not even clear the first one Laughing NehNeh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Keep up to date here...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1083452/

'fraid I've never heard of the guy playing Eddie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dsoutar wrote:
Keep up to date here...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1083452/

'fraid I've never heard of the guy playing Eddie

He is currently in cinemas in one of the lead roles in Kingsman (a very adult James Bond spoof), and played the part of a chav turned super spy really well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
First trailer is now showing

http://youtube.com/v/AN5PBM8vKfs

I think I'll be going to watch it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it looks like it could be quite fun Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Too bad that vid is for uk/irl eyes only. I mean why ??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks fun to me!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
good stuff , looks like great fun Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got asked about 6 months ago whether I wanted to go to a screening FOC as some sort of audience evaluation exercise. Unfortunately I couldn't make the night of the screening which was a shame.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep looks a great romp Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In cinemas 1st of April?? Really? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
My thoughts exactly @GeorgeVII,
latest report
It is a good film, heart-warming, funny and well acted by some great actors.
I went to the Cheltenham (private screening) premiere on Jan 3rd and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Apparently the film is only 10% based on his life and the Hugh J character is pure fiction.
Eddie would've liked to have been an anonymous face in the crowd or such but it wasn't to be so he (and we) were all surprised/pleased to see that they showed him in some authentic footage at the end of the film.
What that guy achieved against all odds - all power to him.
snow report
Yep , seen it this morning , well worth watching Smile
Wont say much about it but anyone who has seen a jump in person will appreciate how talented jumpers are , this film sort of shows that very well.
Quite an achievement by Eddie!
snow report
http://www.itv.com/news/west/2016-03-14/eddie-the-eagle-on-new-biopic-everytime-i-see-it-it-brings-tears-to-my-eyes/
snow report
We saw it in Banff last week. It's great entertainment but what does come across is the exclusivity and snobbishness if the British Olympic Committee. I wonder if that part is true?? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We saw it a couple of weeks ago in Calgary. Liked the film, daughter came back and has drunk milk ever since BUT very very disappointed that the Calgary Olympics were not filmed in Calgary but filmed in some village in the Alps
snow report
@lynnecha, Yeah i wondered that about the BOC , i certainly can imagine it being like that in the 80's, not many working class kids involved.
Doubt very much if its like that now, the Sheffield crowd have made Winter Olympics seem accessible to every child in the UK regardless of class or colour etc and hopefully we can have some more success and more young people being Olympians.
ski holidays
I'm soo excited to see this!
snow report
Interview with Eddie the Eagle about the story/film here.

Apparently a huge amount of poetic licence with the facts, but very true to the spirit.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/28/eddie-the-eagle-film-olympic-ski-jumper-interview-michael-edwards
snow report
Went to see it with my 8 year old last night; we both loved it. Very Happy Very Happy Although it is only loosely based on his story the triumph over adversity element does come through strongly.
snow report
Looks like it will be fun, I re-watched Cool Runnings a little while ago, I had forgotten what a nice film it was, maybe it will be similar.
ski holidays
its very much in the same vein as cool runnings, its a great yarn and we laughed more at it than we did to Dads Army, in fact the Eddie film is miles better all round!! would definitely recommend it for a bit of fun, did think it was a bit lazy just using the rental carvers for the dry slope bits, but hey ho who's going to know Very Happy Very Happy thought the acting was very good and Tim mcInnery..........well he could have been a paid up member of the blazer brigade!!!
ski holidays
iskar wrote:
its very much in the same vein as cool runnings, its a great yarn and we laughed more at it than we did to Dads Army, in fact the Eddie film is miles better all round!! would definitely recommend it for a bit of fun, did think it was a bit lazy just using the rental carvers for the dry slope bits, but hey ho who's going to know Very Happy Very Happy thought the acting was very good and Tim mcInnery..........well he could have been a paid up member of the blazer brigade!!!

+1

My 8 year old son loves Cool Runnings so this was right up his street. Thankfully he didn't ask any questions about the Bo Derek analogy. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The dry slope scene did make me laugh and even my son knew that carvers weren't around in 1983. There were also signs about Boarders taking their rear foot out of bindings that wouldn't have been there at that time. Where is that slope?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Orange200, good article - thanks for linking!

I saw him at Hemel a couple of weeks ago and was a superb skier - that article shows why. He was a charming guy to speak to when I had a quick word with him in the foyer.

I want to see it, but while my local Vue has times for today it also says below the times - "Due to be released: 01/04/2016"
I can't work that one out?
Anyone know whether it is actually being shown or not?
snow report
Quote:

Where is that slope?

Bracknell, though I think in 1988 it would have had a Dendix surface.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 29-03-16 11:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:

I want to see it, but while my local Vue has times for today it also says below the times - "Due to be released: 01/04/2016"
Anyone know whether it is actually being shown or not?

It is on "Pre-Release" this week in some cinemas (never understand that) but officially out on Friday. I saw it at our local Odeon so if you have one nearby have a look.
ski holidays
@beequin, thanks.
ski holidays
@Gaza, thanks
snow report
Gaza wrote:
It is on "Pre-Release" this week in some cinemas (never understand that) ...

P'raps it's sponsored by Marker Wink
ski holidays
Gaza wrote:
iskar wrote:

+1

My 8 year old son loves Cool Runnings so this was right up his street. Thankfully he didn't ask any questions about the Bo Derek analogy. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The dry slope scene did make me laugh and even my son knew that carvers weren't around in 1983. There were also signs about Boarders taking their rear foot out of bindings that wouldn't have been there at that time. Where is that slope?

not wanting to provide a 'spoiler' but yep guess that (Bo Derek plus the music!!)) would have been my choice as well....... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
@Orange200, good article - thanks for linking!

You're welcome Smile

Re the date - maybe it's a joke? Wink Very Happy
snow report
Saw it last night; amusing if historically thoroughly inaccurate! Loved the Fischer RC4s and Atomic Arcs but the Rossi carvers were out of place by about 20 years! The dry slope used in the film is Bracknell (although in reality, Eddie learned to ski at Gloucester and the fact that he was a very competitive junior racer failed to come across at all!) Very Happy
latest report
looks great. I will be bringing the kids to see this. I remember him well. Standing on the top of an olympic ski jump gave me the heebeejeebies, so respect to anyone who tries to launch from one.
ski holidays
Went to see it yesterday - entertaining and heart warming. You do have to ignore some of the technical imperfections as per @LOTA says, but it does not really impact after the early part of the film. I think that Hugh Jackman has been watching too many J-C Van Damme Coors Light ads.
snow report
Not seen it but not surprised to hear that there are a few anachronistic errors and stretching of the truth, it's always the same when a film is made about a 'niche' sport, particularly when it's based on a true story. The Hunt/Lauda film was like that, as was the Brian Clough film.

I read somewhere (might have been on sH, was almost certainly a link I followed from sH) that the jumpers shown are in the V style which wasn't used at the time, the trouble being that they couldn't find anyone to do the film that could still jump the old way.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy