Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Hybrid 10+ Vacuum or Salomon X Pro 100 Ski Boots?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I am searching for my first pair of ski boots and need some guidance!

In Ellis Brigham we narrowed it down to two pairs of boots; the Fischer Hybrid 10+ Vacuum or Salomon X Pro 100 Ski Boots.
I've read a few reviews of the old Fischer vacuum boots, but haven't seen any reviews of their new boots. The Salomon reviews seem pretty good. The Fischer and Salomon boots both fit well, with the Fischers being £100ish more expensive.

Any advise on what I should do? Would people generally recommend Snow & Rock or Ellis Brigham for boot fitting?

Cheers,
Alex
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fischers:
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/fischer/mens-hybrid-10-vacuum-1415-ski-boots/701424

Salomons:
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/salomon/mens-x-pro-100-1415-ski-boots/701406#
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is one big difference between the two technologies. With Fischer, the outer shell is pushed inward unto the foot; with Salomon, the foot pushes the shell outward. So, if you have narrow feet, go for the Fischers; if you want a snug fit on lager feet, go for the Salomons.

Also, Fischer claims that their product stays in shap (literally) for longer, due to a special recipe, that they even have patented. I have Fischer Ranger Vacuum boots and I love them, but I cannot compare to other custom shell boots, though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cn08ac, these........much better boots

http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=TEC0053B1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_9OoBRChj9vMo5CHrdUBEiQAJ6YRPSQprlStMjkGRcT2x2hJQ__D9jaSnYZeGhpCkOmZqpwaAkyd8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My internet reading on the Fischer Vacs lead me to believe that they can be Colder than other boots (I bought Salomon... Smile )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, Good choice. I use the 120's. Very very comfortable. And a damn good freeride boot.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@peter42, I had 3 pairs of Tecnica boots, ski Dynafit touring boots now but those Ayer icas at that deal are a much better boot and buy than either of the 2 listed above.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tecnica makes great boots, but they simply don't fit me as well as most Fischer and Salomon boots do. Tecnicas have a farely high instep, which simply doesn't match my foot shape.

And it's all about fit. So naming an other brand with quite a different last shape and call it 'much better' is a bit odd, don't you think?

Not saying anything about construction quality (which is not at all bad in Salomon or Fischer boots, which I've both had and liked a lot). But with ski boots, fit simply trumps everything else, doesn't it?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Cheizz, the guy@cn08ac, has asked for some advice, I'm only saying the Tecnica is a better boot, at similar money. If it doesn't fit then that's another issue. A custom insole would always be my suggestion, that coupled with a quality boot fit is my thought. I don't know about S&R or EB boot fitters but I'd get them to do a best fit, then get straight round to a pro fitter and let them take a look and retrofit if necessary. Yes fit is everything.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
,@Cheizz, Maybe@cn08ac, doesn't have a low instep, just saying. Plus i think the Cochise are a different fit from other Tecnica boots apart from the 130's which are only a 98mm last.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Salomon XPro range are a terrific fit for the wider foot. They ski brilliantly after the custom moulding, with a particularly good heel hold.
Though the flex is possibly slightly underestimated.
And do they look a bit cooler? wink wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1 for the Fischers. I got last year's version in the summer and they have been a dream (even with my weird feet). Bought from Snow and Rock who did a great job of tweaking them around my narrow ankles.

In response to them "being colder than other boots"... I skiied in sub -20 in Jan without any problems!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy