Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jones Carbon Flagship Snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

Looks at getting this snowboard - http://www.jonessnowboards.com/Carbon-Flagship.html

It is pretty expensive and still wondering if I get it or not. I am heading to St Anton, Les Arcs and Serre Chevalier for 4 weeks and would like a new toy to ride. Keen to ride as much off piste as possible.

I've already got a Burton T6, Burton Baron, Option Sansalone, K2 Slayblade, Burton Dominate and two Ride snowboards, the last board I got was 3 years ago but they are all in good shape except the dominate is now de-laminating.

The cheapest I can find it iss $849 USD.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would buy versatility if its not that forget it.
I you are strong in the legs which givern the above you need to be at a practised level the XV is going to be better in powder at lower heights but will still work in variable snow types during descent from height.
Both are now different shapes I say this but ive not looked at a carbon jones but beleive jones will copy rossi soon... I would not be surprised at all.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I've already got a Burton T6, Burton Baron, Option Sansalone, K2 Slayblade, Burton Dominate and two Ride snowboards

Spend the money on guiding, heli or staying longer instead.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rabbit on here has one, he was boarding off piste with us on the S11BB and looked awesome. I'd suggest contacting him about it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got 9 days with a mate and there two weeks with UCPA guiding. I love going off piste and can ride pretty well. Just want to make sure I don't have a repeat of last year. My girlfriend suggested that I hire a snowboard instead of dragging boards from Sydney! I will never do that again!! I had 3 board from different resorts and didn't like any of them. I don't want to experience that ever again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In another thread is it the Arlberg for 9 days ? perhaps you can test the board in st anton by feb all new boards and new flex boards have been through the mill and the words out on them.
At one time we would just buy the test board at a third off it was the best way to know it worked for the rider and have some beer money left over.
Possibly a better financial option in euros at present.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeah I'm in the Arlberg for tthe first 9 days with a mate. Maybe I will demo the board and see if I can pick up an ex-demo or something. I actually did that with the Dominate board that I have when I was in Laax a few years ago. I love the new board feel too much though. I love having the sharpest edges possible Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you'll find that sharp edges don't make much difference off piste.

If you really want sharp edges then you need to look at metal construction really as that helps you keep the edges where they should be.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It seems the core and flex may be different this season on the normal 2015 flagship it seems a more friendly flex with a very long nose rise and long gradual rocker.
This nose rocker is probably longer as the setback has been increased in recent models .

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 15-02-15 0:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SpeedySydney, I've been riding a standard Flagship for the last couple of years, but after an evening's drunken eBaying I accidentally ended up with one of last season's carbon ones. It arrived, and my first thoughts were "why the flinkin' blip have I bought something this stiff; it's gonna kill me". However, a few hours in and I was loving it. As you might expect, it doesn't really like leaving the ground or rejoining it, but for going 100mph everywhere and turning as soon as you even think about the idea, I can't fault it. I've been lucky with conditions so far though, and am prepared to start hating it when things get a bit rougher....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It seems that this snowboard is really targeted at the high end of riders. I'm after a board that gives me performance and response. I like the idea of the board turning with the thought of turning. I'm a big guy (110kg) and can really power through turns, doing dolphins turns in moguls, etc. I am pretty keen to get this board and I'll take another board that is a bit softer with me for when I feel like riding something different. The longer nose with front rocker sounds really exciting. I think that will help being more centred over the board instead of riding back footed while trying to keep the nose up in deep snow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Order the snowboard on Friday from Tactics.com! They have 15% off so got it for $721 USD. So much more expensive in Europe to buy the board. I'll be mounting my Burton C60 bindings and that should be a nice setup.

I ordered the 168W based on the Jones recommendation with a size 11.5 boot. I did a live chat with one of the guys and he recommended the 164 so have swapped it for that.

I'll post an update after I have ridden it for a few days. Now I just need to decide what other board to take on my trip.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SpeedySydney wrote:
Now I just need to decide what other board to take on my trip.

Congrats on the shiny new stick! I gather that the Flag isn't much fun in moguls so maybe take something softer with rocker between the bindings if you've got it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SpeedySydney wrote:
It seems that this snowboard is really targeted at the high end of riders. ... The longer nose with front rocker sounds really exciting. I think that will help being more centred over the board instead of riding back footed while trying to keep the nose up in deep snow.

You may find that what you need for riding moguls well isn't quite the same as what you need for the deep stuff. For sure, I would not consider riding my piste board in powder or vice versa. It can be done of course, but it's not much fun.

Anyway, there's one way to find out...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm still very excited about it. I was thinking of taking my T6 which is also a carbon board but maybe I'll take something that is a bit more fun. I've got two Option Vinson boards I could take that I haven't ridden much.

Sometimes riding moguls is more fun on a stiff board because you can really work the board and get some pop happening when you have some speed happening - it actually becomes easier. But riding a short, flexi board through moguls slower is also fun too.
snow conditions
So I finally got the board. It arrived very late because it got stuck in customs and then as I travelled, it missed me. I finally got it on my second last day of my month long trip. I rode it the last day it was fantastic. Very similar to the T6 but better off piste. Would have had so much fun with this stick in St Anton when we had heaps of fresh snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy