Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recent pictures of Arc 1950 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone direct me to any recent (summer 2005 0nwards) pictures of Arc 1950 ? The new Intrawest development and surrounds. We have bought in Sources De Marie so particularly interested in anything since we were there in July!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alun Williams, hi.

Took some ten days or so back in ... now in the blog. (you'll have to work back a couple of entries...)

And more today I think, although not sure how they've come out as I was experimenting with the new camera... Confused Tried to be clever and I'm not sure it worked. If they are useable I'll add them later this evening.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Greetings,

I'm just leaving work now so will explore when I get to home compurter! The picture of Ian you took on the Tignes Glacier has proved a source of fun ... dad is watching from .... ! They really enjoyed the trip. Some of the lucky ones went to OPPDAL in Norway a few weeks later but I felt we (he) couldn't afford the time off school. I had been looking to come out this week but an elderly relative going into hospital stopped that.

Ian and the school team are in Les Menuires at the end of January and we are thinking of extending that into a family week for the 4 of us if we can find suitable accomodation/travel but that is just a thought at the moment. Best wishes, Alun
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alun - will perhaps see you there then? The plan is to be there for the BARSC Children's races, and I may just go up for the Junior races as well. We'll be 'commuting' up from Bourg SM though! Neil (Racer-Ready will be staying with us in Bourg as well, in theory - do you know him?)

As for the photos, they were barely salvageable, increasing the exposure by 2 stops as advised to avoid any chance of grey snow has resulted in massively overexposed images! Still, I'll post the photos later if I get a chance... it is New Year's Eve after all!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alun, now posted ([b]here. Had to scrap most of them, and Photoshop did a poor job on the ones I used I'm afraid.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Happy New Year! Yes, I have spent a number of weekends standing on the opposite side of the slope to Neil taking poor video whilst Neil was taking those super shots that the children all want when they gather round the laptop at the end of the runs. Then Ian dragging me along to view the "must have" edge shot! Thank you very much for posting the pics of 1950. I have now added your Blog to "favorites"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy