Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heather Mills Breaks World Handiski Speed Record - Spam Free

Poster: A snowHead
According to press reports 47 year old Heather Mills broke the world speed record for handicapped women skiers on the 24th March 2015 recording 164.95km/h on the Chabrières piste at Vars. To put that into perspective that's a shade quicker than the world record that was set by Luigi Di Marco in 1960. The male disabled record is held by one legged Australian Micheal Milton who beat the top recorded speeds by able-bodied Australian skiers. His personal best downhill speed is 213 km/h (132 mph).

Mills reaching 140km/h in training this week

Mills with her record time

I couldn't actually find the female handicapped records. Some people say American opera singer Nancy Gustafson is/was the fastest women. Nancy, who is missing an arm, won 3 gold medals at Albertville in 1992.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 26-03-15 9:34; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
47 year old Heather Mills broke the world speed record for handicapped skiers on the 24th March 2015 recording 164.95km/h on the Chabrières piste at Vars.

This news is entirely free, spam free that is Happy
Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fair play to her
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chapeau
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kudos to her
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn't attempt that even with two legs! Well done to Ms Mills Cool

And just how long are those skis? Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
does she realise she picked up Darth Vader's helmet by mistake? He'll be livid when he finds out!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Impressive!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sack the Juggler, that's why she was skiing so fast, he was strafing her from his tie Fighter Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well over 100mph in real money - Feeeeeccccckkkk! Well done girl. Like her or not, she certainly is brave.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Well over 100mph in real money - Feeeeeccccckkkk! Well done girl. Like her or not, she certainly is brave.
+1
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Best I've ever clocked was just under 100kph that was (almost) fast enough for me (though I would have liked to cross the 100kph) don't think I could have done another 60+kph even with Darths helmet let alone with only one real leg, not one of her fans but another +1 for Frosty's comment
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Zero_G, 238cm given what's written on them...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That was on par with the male FIS speed skiers in sun peaks the other week...it was too warm to reach max speeds (270 ish) but it gives some context
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pretty amazing....but I wonder if she would find it easier/faster and be more confident without the prosthetic leg?
latest report
@mayr, eh? She is pretty handy on it. How would it be easier with only leg on a ski and one, which is below the knee, doing nothing?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy